Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:49 AM   #1
Dennis Chaney

Dennis Chaney's Forum Picture

Name: Dennis
Smile I hope this helps some people :)

I decided to make this post because i wanted to share alittle bit of my knowledge now that I have grown and matured enough to know that it helped me.

For those of you who struggle daily with depression/anxiety so on so forth, I know it may be hard to see anything other then the worst case scenarios to a lot of things that are going on in your life at this point, I myself struggled for 14 long years with cutting/anxiety/depression/drug use/alcohol/suicide/schizophrenia and whatever else you can name..

But i want all of you to know that in life nothing stays good forever/nothing stay bad forever its all about patience and time before the tides change. And there has always been one thing that has always helped me to overcome certain aspects of my life, and that is knowing about will power. If you want your life to get better you have to want the will to have a better life, you have to push yourself to do the things that your depression wants to keep you from, you have to want to live your life not have every action controlled by your fears/depression/anxiety. And while yes this is not a easy task and i sure as hell didn't learn to do it over night but it is very possible.

One thing is for sure though, as long as you are not dead/in prison/or dying there is always hope for a better tomorrow and there is always a upside to every downfall, we just cannot seem to pull that from the situations that we may be in.

I am thankful now that I went through all that I did to get where I am in life and for having suffered with depression (yeah i know that is crazy to say) but it taught me to understand how others feel, and to enjoy all the little things in life for what they are. I always thought dying would solve all my problems but now i can look back and realize all that i ever truly wanted was to be happy and be able to enjoy things the way i should.

We don't realize that if we die, we lose all the chances to experience such wonderful feelings that life can offer, love/compassion/family/friends, and the thought that i could have lost all those chances is way worse then having depression.

I have learned to love everyone for who they are and to treat people with kindness and understanding, because everyone in this world has a purpose and everyone deserves the chance to meet that goal, and if I had not went through what I have, I would still be a arrogant, self centered individual, so for those of you who take depression as a 100% bad thing, just know that it doesn't have to be what it appears to be to you at the time, but yet a learning experience from which you can grow from and become a much better you.

Thanks for reading and I hope that this helps some of you, It may or may not but you never know unless you try! Just remember if no one else shows they care for you, well I care for everyone on this earth, so even if you are alone, I will still be silently caring from the sidelines

Who are we to judge one another, for their is a larger picture that people always overlook, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

For people who are thinking of suicide please follow this link: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=193423
Old February 9th, 2017, 03:23 PM   #2
bpk1234

bpk1234's Forum Picture

Default Re: I hope this helps some people :)

So true man!
Old April 7th, 2017, 07:38 PM   #3
Chinn

Name: Andrew

Thank you
Old April 23rd, 2017, 11:47 AM   #4
Londongirl01

Name: Harmony

Thanks for sharing

14 y/o looking to make new friends xx
Old April 23rd, 2017, 12:41 PM   #5
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinn View Post
Thank you
Please don't post in threads with two or more months inactivity.

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Closed Thread