Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old January 17th, 2017, 07:10 AM   #1
Discover
Junior Member+

Default A friend of mine.

Someone who I've been talking with for a while now has depression. I know that It might not help to say things like 'Maybe you could think of something good that happend', but that's not helping.

What can I say to her what might help (like maybe lift her mood if she's feeling down)?
Discover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2017, 01:34 PM   #2
Periphery
Professional Spivak

Periphery's Forum Picture

Default Re: A friend of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discover View Post
Someone who I've been talking with for a while now has depression. I know that It might not help to say things like 'Maybe you could think of something good that happend', but that's not helping.

What can I say to her what might help (like maybe lift her mood if she's feeling down)?
Show her that you're there. Make sure she knows she can trust you and well, make sure she can. If you see she's feeling down you can ask what's wrong and if she wants to talk about it. If she doesn't don't force her to, just try to distract her by bringing up some fun topics, maybe if she has a hobby ask her about that etc. Don't take it personal if she doesn't wanna talk about it. It may take some time for her to open up, just show her support and I know she'll appreciate it

When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?
-Marilyn Manson

Android? We can't be friends sorry!!!!!
-Proof Bob is a peasant

~Richelle was here~
Periphery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2017, 04:21 PM   #3
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: A friend of mine.

Just be there, be her friend, listen to her when she wants to talk and be understanding. Don't push her to do or talk about stuff if she doesn't. She just needs good friends who accept he for who and how she is. So let he know you do
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote