Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 30th, 2016, 04:46 PM   #1
SSsushiRolls

Default Self harming for no reason

I have depression and self harm because of it but sometimes I find myself cutting when I don't even feel sad. I just get an urge and do it. I think that because I'm addicted to it, I just go and cut now and then for no reason. Is it normal? Does anyone else have this?
SSsushiRolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2016, 02:02 PM   #2
Gwen
Awesome Poster

Gwen's Forum Picture

Name: Gwen
Default Re: Self harming for no reason

I'm not able to be very helpful besides having anecdotal knowledge so I apologize. I believe that it is pretty normal, it isn't always about trying to feel something or turning to it after a day of shitty mood. I think some people who cut start to replace venting with self-harm and it begins a cycle of this constant repetition that you can't get out of, it becomes a part of your daily ritual so to speak. It becomes like a weird tick you don't even think about a lot, it just becomes something like washing your hands after every meal or how biting your fingernails when you get nervous or lost in thought. That is how I feel about it, not sure if that is the same what your going through but it sounds similar to me.

"As the saying goes: Where there are mountains, there are Canadians." - Tyson
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2017, 01:30 PM   #3
Pyromaniac27
Member+

Pyromaniac27's Forum Picture

Name: Cody

i have this problem sometimes too, its normal

"Fire, by that definition, is vibrantly alive. It eats everything from wood to flesh, excreting the waste as ash, and it breathes air just like a human, taking in oxygen and emitting carbon. Fire grows, and as it spreads, it creates new fires that spread out and make new fires of their own."
Pyromaniac27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2017, 02:05 PM   #4
FPFanatic
Banned

Name: Andrew

As someone who has struggled with mental self-harm, yes it can become something of a subconscious action. While I'm not going to say it's normal, because self-harm isn't and hopefully you can get better, I will say that it does happen.
FPFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote