Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 26th, 2016, 05:30 PM   #1
villager64

Name: Ryan
Default Does anyone understand this?

At school im super happy and loud and outgoing. I am always talking to friends and stuff, but the second i get home i get stressed out about every little thing possible. I feel depressed and anxious constantly. I don't understand the sudden change in moods. When i'm at school, I can imagine myself with a husband some day i. a big city. I want to work in marketing for a clothing company, but when i get home i just want to stay here in the middle of no where by myself. Is this bipolar or what? Idk, is just tired of everything. Does anyone have any answers or anything to comment on the subject?
villager64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 05:36 PM   #2
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Default Re: Does anyone understand this?

I'm kind of the opposite - I'm happy at home (in particular when I'm on here) but quite sad when I'm at school mainly due to stress and anxiety, caused by problems I've had in the past, and continue to have. Is there any paticular reason why you feel bad when you're at home? Could you give some examples about what is stressing you so much? Is there anything happening family wise that you're worried about? This could help us relate to you more, and help us give you some more specific advice. One thing I'd recommend though is try to keep busy at home - whether that's talking to friends, helping with the house work etc. These might help you take your mind off things.

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Endeavour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 05:41 PM   #3
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

You're not alone - my mood can change so drastically out of nowhere, I hate it. Although I'm the opposite of what you describe I understand. Is it your family that's stressing you out?

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 05:55 PM   #4
villager64

I don't really have a relationship with my parents that are divorced, but i don't know if that effects me enough to this extent though
Old December 26th, 2016, 05:59 PM   #5
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager64 View Post
I don't really have a relationship with my parents that are divorced, but i don't know if that effects me enough to this extent though
Would you like to have a better relationship with them? Perhaps that's what is causing you so much stress.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 06:02 PM   #6
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Quote:
That could be a reason why you feel bad at home. Instability in the family can be very tough on you. As soon as you come away from the quite structured environment of school, if you don't have that same kind of support at home that can really pull you down. Have you tried talking to anyone about this, for example a guidance counsellor at school, or even your parents themselves?

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Endeavour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 06:11 PM   #7
villager64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizon View Post
That could be a reason why you feel bad at home. Instability in the family can be very tough on you. As soon as you come away from the quite structured environment of school, if you don't have that same kind of support at home that can really pull you down. Have you tried talking to anyone about this, for example a guidance counsellor at school, or even your parents themselves?
yes, i have had conversations with both. i do not believe it is the environment i am in, maybe its the lack of stimulus. i have no siblings and neither of my parents are seeing anyone, it's just me and one of them (depending on the day)
Old December 26th, 2016, 08:54 PM   #8
Uniquemind
VT Lover

I disagree and believe environment is indeed a factor here. It's not the sole factor, I believe a classical conditioning affect is responsible for the mood change.

There's something about the current home life that unsettles you, and it's causing a desire for you to want a specific kind of future. But for the present time, you are experiencing a slow-down or foggy depression.

Perhaps your subconscious is trying to figure out how to get from Point A to Point C. The lack of an answer or the difficulty of that path, is causing the problem.

#growing up pains
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2016, 02:29 AM   #9
Trevor.

Name: Trevor
Smile Re: Does anyone understand this?

Quote:
At school im super happy and loud and outgoing. I am always talking to friends and stuff, but the second i get home i get stressed out about every little thing possible. I feel depressed and anxious constantly. I don't understand the sudden change in moods. When i'm at school, I can imagine myself with a husband some day i. a big city. I want to work in marketing for a clothing company, but when i get home i just want to stay here in the middle of no where by myself. Is this bipolar or what? Idk, is just tired of everything. Does anyone have any answers or anything to comment on the subject?
I can kind of relate to this... At school I have people to hang out ..
people that comfort me and makes me feel like a person. When I'm at home I feel like I'm being trapped in a house where I can't see my parents. My family is great but I can't handle it when I don't see my friends... I hate it when we have winter breaks and spring breaks, ect. The other thing that I hate about getting home is all the work I have to do... Projects class work homework. At school we have to learn but we have people that helps make school less stressful. I don't think your bipolar... It's just climate changes that effects you. Hope you find a way to solve it. Good luck! ☺
Trevor. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2016, 05:31 PM   #10
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

@villager64,

Sometimes our brains associate location with mood. For instance, it's difficult to do homework in bed because your bed is where you sleep. Your brain, upon being in bed, automatically suggests sleep. Similarly, when you go home, it seems your brain automatically switches to depression and anxiety. This could be for a variety of reasons. Perhaps at some point there was a continuous period of depression while you were at home that caused your brain to associate it with such feelings. However, trying to find this moment that started the association probably won't help too much. It's better to look to the future: rewiring your brain.

If you can find someplace at home where it is easy to be happy--for instance, if school makes you happy, you might find a study area to be easier on you than your bedroom--then that is a good place to start rewiring. Associate that place in your home with happiness. If friends make you happy, then try finding a place in your home where you are typically unhappy--your bedroom, perhaps--and message/video chat with friends constantly in there. This will make your brain associate your bedroom with your friends rather than with depression. However, you'll have to keep doing it likely for weeks before you see any definite results. A study at University College London found that it takes about 66 days on average to start a habit. I imagine it's roughly the same amount of time to break an association in the brain like depression with home. So, if you can stick to the method described above for about 2 months, then it is possible that you will see change. I cannot tell you certainly that this will work, but it is better than nothing.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote