Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old December 6th, 2016, 11:07 PM   #1
Coolguy10890
Member++

Coolguy10890's Forum Picture

Name: Matt
Exclamation Hearing voices??? (My family member, not me)

Hello everyone, I have a question. This is not for me but a family member.
So I live with my grandparents and tonight my grandmothers brother, who is around the same age as her. He claims that just recently he had been hearing voices in his head from multiple different people that he doesn't know but he claims that they are people who work for his living complex (I forget if he lives in an apartment or condo or what its called) and he says that he can hear them saying they want to plan a robbery in his place and also kill him TONIGHT. (That is why he went to sleep over our place tonight so he would not be home for them to get him.) He's also said that they can read his mind because he will say something in his mind and they will sometimes reply. He knows how to also speak German and Italian and some Mandarin Chinese because he said he took courses many years ago because he was in or going into the military? Anyways, he claims he's said things in his mind in German and Italian and the other people on the other side could translate it and know what he was saying, but when he spoke Chinese in his mind they could not understand him. He also has said they know where he had kept his secret stash of money.

Can anyone explain what this might be? It sounds very descriptive but I've never experienced hearing voices so I don't know how realistic they can be and this is very convincing to me as if this is real, but how is it possible??? If anyone could explain to me about this it will be very helpful. Thank you. Sorry for the long story.
Coolguy10890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 04:07 AM   #2
bentheplayer
Member++

bentheplayer's Forum Picture

Name: Ben
Default Re: Hearing voices??? (My family member, not me)

I think you should suggest to him or ur grandmother in a nice way to see a doctor. Hearing voices is not as uncommon as many believe and can be extremely distressing. Assuming that what he said is true it is most likely a health issue that needs to be dealt with to prevent it from worsening. Given his age it may well be the first sign of dementia or PTSD from his military past that is catching up with him.

Here is a very brief overview on hearing voices. Hope it helps. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/halluci...roduction.aspx

We are all slaves in this new age.
bentheplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2016, 03:48 AM   #3
benbeny

Name: Benedictus

okay, i thought this is a serious condition... paranoia + hallucinations usually means bigger problem. you better take him to psychiatrist for diagnosis.
or, this may means the first sign of dementia or alzheimer.

A third year medical student
Feel free to PM me! I like to have new friends
benbeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2016, 07:28 PM   #4
thomy

yes, it seems as if she has some sort of hallucinations. i would address her to a psychiatrist asap
thomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 02:25 AM   #5
Coolguy10890
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomy View Post
yes, it seems as if she has some sort of hallucinations. i would address her to a psychiatrist asap

It's my grandmas BROTHER. Not my grandma…
Old December 13th, 2016, 02:28 AM   #6
Coolguy10890
Member++

Thank you everyone for the help. My grandmas brother is currently getting treatment at the hospital. He was admitted a few days ago. Just hope he gets better so he can come back home and maybe they will give him meds to help him.

Mods can now feel free to lock this thread. It is no longer needed.
Old December 13th, 2016, 11:09 AM   #7
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy10890 View Post
Thank you everyone for the help. My grandmas brother is currently getting treatment at the hospital. He was admitted a few days ago. Just hope he gets better so he can come back home and maybe they will give him meds to help him.

Mods can now feel free to lock this thread. It is no longer needed.
They probably will because you asked, but....if left open you could keep up updated for if you needed some support for you, you could ask more questions here.

Just an idea is all
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote