Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 4th, 2017, 04:00 PM   #1
Melinda2002

Default Eating in all moods

Hi, I am very overweight (BMI 43,75) and I eat in all situations. If I'm happy, sad, angry, disappointed ... I just eat and eat, no matter what and how many. I really don't know what to do about it ... I have already lost lots of pounds several times but they come back again everytime (Jo-Jo).
What can I do about it? I don't know how to go on now ...
Melinda2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 09:05 PM   #2
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona
Default Re: Eating in all moods

The root problem isn't the eating, it's your own self confidence and personal issues. Many people use food as a comfort thing, that's why you do it all the time...sad, happy, angry, it doesn't matter...you're using to get away from whatever is bothering you.

I would suggest seeking some therapy, or at least find someone to talk to about the things that are depressing you. Then, if you really want to improve your health...see a nutritionist and they can help you with a diet and exercise plan. There are also TONS of resources online which can help you track what you eat and any exercise activity you want to monitor.

Lastly, losing weight is hard. Deciding to eat better and increasing your activity daily is a big commitment, and you don't always see results right away. It takes time, but if you are serious about it and want to get better, you'll make that decision for yourself and hopefully succeed.

17 - f - Wes Anderson fan

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote