Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 3rd, 2016, 11:36 AM   #1
BadWolfBaybe

Name: Maddie
Default Need Advice.

Okay, so I was on this site years ago, and I came back today because I remembered how nice and helpful a community it was, and god, if I ever needed that it's now. Me and my boyfriend are both depressed. What an amazing screwed up pair we make. I'm not too bad, I have a breakdown now and again, nothing I can't handle. But him... He hates himself so much, he wants to isolate himself from everyone he knows, just so he doesn't hurt them. He had a plan to kill himself over the summer, before I knew him, and the only reason he didn't was because his favorite teacher found out and talked him out of it. He still wants to die though. He says he's not sucicidal though, he doesn't want to kill himself, he just wants to die. He also says that's he's way too afraid to actually kill himself. But sometimes, when he gets really depressed, he scares me. Sometimes I'm afraid he's just going to walk out in front of a moving car or something and actually do it. I don't know what to do to help him. I've read a bunch of articles, but they're all about how to talk to someone who is either not willing to tell you they want to die, or someone who is actively making a plan. What can I say to someone who's completely open about his desire to die, but isn't planning anything? I feel like if he does do something, it will be on an impulse, and I won't have a chance to stop him. I've already tried to talk him into seeing a therapist, and he won't go for it. What can I do? I'm so scared...
BadWolfBaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 06:19 AM   #2
Hyper
VT Lover

Default Re: Need Advice.

You can't really solve this ''problem'' alone. I don't know his life situation but suicidal youths always have severe psychiatric problems and the only way to effectively ''deal'' with them is via combination of therapy/medication & support structures - family, friends & partners.

You couldn't convince him to see a therapist, but maybe someone else can? The teacher? Anyone else he respects enough, maybe he has a good relationship with his parents?

It would be ideal if you or someone he respects can convince him to go see a psychiatrist, if he is forced into it he will most likely feel betrayed and angry at first, but if he is really suicidal then it needs to happen one way or another.

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 04:44 AM   #3
Cecilia254
Banned

Get help from a psychotherapist.
Cecilia254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2016, 12:58 AM   #4
karenessi

He should see a psychiatrist. There is no other option. It's not safe for you to take him alone, talk with his parents about this and take their advice and support.
karenessi is offline   Reply With Quote