Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 27th, 2017, 12:20 PM   #41
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

Default Re: Liberal Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post

I hope Liberals would return back to their sensible days. JFK wasn't perfect, but atleast he was a common sense human being and he knew that government wasn't the all-seeing good that Democrats want it to be. The Democrats have become so polarized that figures like JFK would be shamed out of the party if they were alive today.
Likewise with conservatives. JFK was a great fuckin dude tho no lie

"The head may err, but never the blood.”
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2017, 12:46 PM   #42
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Likewise with conservatives. JFK was a great fuckin dude tho no lie
I will admit that conservatism has also become polarized in our modern age, though arguably not to the extent of liberalism. It would be great if people from both sides would get out of their little ideological safe-spaces and have respectable and reasonable discourse. I am talking to both sides here, from the SJW to the right-wing conspiracy theorist. We would get much more done if people actually talked to each other instead of fighting like little children.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 10:17 AM   #43
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Snowflakes Down Under

Apparently, Australia already has a law which bans offensive language against people because of their race(1). Basically, if you joke about racial stereotypes or express your opinion regarding other races, you can be charged with a major crime. I am not exaggerating this, the law clearly states that insulting someone over their race is a crime.

Now, an Australia Muslim politician wants to expand it to criminalize speech against Muslims. I feel sad for folks down there in Australia. They are encroaching on their own rights while opening themselves up for Sharia Law. Well, atleast in America we have the right to call people names, for now...
Old March 31st, 2017, 10:09 PM   #44
Beauregard

Beauregard's Forum Picture

For me adding religion to an anti discrimination and anti hate speech law is just logical so nothing crazy about that. I just wondered why it wasn't part of it from the beginning.

And even so there's not a law like that in the USA it's not like you could run around an insult or hate against others. People are protected by the Constitution and the law here, too. We're not in the Wild West anymore don't picture the USA say freer country than they are.
Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 12:17 PM   #45
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
And even so there's not a law like that in the USA it's not like you could run around an insult or hate against others. People are protected by the Constitution and the law here, too. We're not in the Wild West anymore don't picture the USA say freer country than they are.
If you look at the speech protections in European countries, and then look at the United States, we have many more freedoms. In the USA you can not charge a person for a crime for calling a black person a nigger or criticizing Islam. In other countries you will get arrested and possibly charged for that behavior. I don't see how you think the USA is on par with those counties, we obviously have more freedoms.

You are right that people are protected by the Constitution, they are protected the right to speak their mind without government oppression no matter if people are offended by it or not. No where is there a clause in the Constitution that bans free speech when it hurts peoples feelings.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, enjoy the logical conclusion to that "coexist" Google doodle from last week:

If you zoom in on her face you can clearly see that she is yelling "Allahu Akbar!" before pulling the trigger.

Last edited by Voice_Of_Unreason; April 7th, 2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old April 7th, 2017, 05:29 PM   #46
Kyle37
Member++

Name: Kyle

Not gonna make a huge post here or anything but... I think the main thing you're complaining is about ignorant people, not liberals. The only difference between you and them is that you're just ignorant in your own ways.

Feel free to PM me I guess. Thats what people write here right?
Kyle37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 09:19 PM   #47
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle37 View Post
Not gonna make a huge post here or anything but... I think the main thing you're complaining is about ignorant people, not liberals. The only difference between you and them is that you're just ignorant in your own ways.
Not to be rude, but this is such a typical and fallacious argument. Every time you try to criticize members of a group, people suddenly start claiming that those people aren't members of their group and thus cannot represent their group. You see this all the time, especially from the Left, and is a very lazy argument.

Most of my grievances and posts are against groups that are regularly praised by the Left. Be it colleges, magazines, politicians, celebrities, major companies, and even countries. If what you said is true, and that I only criticize ignorant people and not liberals, then there must be only like 2 actual liberals on the planet, because right now I don't see any difference.

Last edited by Voice_Of_Unreason; April 7th, 2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old April 7th, 2017, 09:38 PM   #48
Beauregard

Beauregard's Forum Picture

Quote:
If you look at the speech protections in European countries, and then look at the United States, we have many more freedoms. In the USA you can not charge a person for a crime for calling a black person a nigger or criticizing Islam. In other countries you will get arrested and possibly charged for that behavior. I don't see how you think the USA is on par with those counties, we obviously have more freedoms.

You are right that people are protected by the Constitution, they are protected the right to speak their mind without government oppression no matter if people are offended by it or not. No where is there a clause in the Constitution that bans free speech when it hurts peoples feelings.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure there's more freedom I was just stating it's not unlimited as you made it sound.

Just go ask my friend who made the mistake to call a black police officer a "coon" a couple of weeks ago. Not all freedom of speech everywhere I tell you.
Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 09:45 AM   #49
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Old April 10th, 2017, 07:52 PM   #50
Devinsoccer
Member++

Devinsoccer's Forum Picture

Quote:
I love that picture.

I love bananas and minions.
Treat others the way you want to be treated-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinsoccer View Post
Live life the way you want to live it, not the way others want you to live it.
Why do people believe that killing people isn't okay, but killing innocent baby or fetus inside the womb is okay? and vice versa?
Devinsoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 07:10 AM   #51
Anthem
Nice Poster

Anthem's Forum Picture

Name: Jake

Milo is a god and he trolls the left so brilliantly. Also the left fails to realize Trump is a troll himself.

Trump recently claimed he was wiretapped. The leftist media spouts in their channels: "HOW DARE HE MAKE A BASELESS CLAIM? HE HAS TO PROVE THIS!"

Trump can simply respond with:
"Where is the proof of me and Russia? *mic drop*"

Trump is several steps ahead of the leftist media. He is passing things while they are too busy LARPing on the crazy things he says. By the time the bill comes to him, they will realize it is too late to report on it to make a change before it goes through. He is truly a genius - yet the media doesn't realize it.

PM me ur cats
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 09:52 AM   #52
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
Milo is a god and he trolls the left so brilliantly. Also the left fails to realize Trump is a troll himself.
Yea, though Milo's pedophilia comments did take him out of the mainstream. Does provide insight into the gay community though.

Quote:
Trump recently claimed he was wiretapped. The leftist media spouts in their channels: "HOW DARE HE MAKE A BASELESS CLAIM? HE HAS TO PROVE THIS!"

Trump can simply respond with:
"Where is the proof of me and Russia? *mic drop*"

Trump is several steps ahead of the leftist media. He is passing things while they are too busy LARPing on the crazy things he says. By the time the bill comes to him, they will realize it is too late to report on it to make a change before it goes through. He is truly a genius - yet the media doesn't realize it.
Trump is a manipulative genius who hides behind a veil of ignorance. Throughout his campaign and into his presidency he has cleverly manipulated the media into ignoring pivotal events by trolling them. He has pass numerous executive orders without as much as a whimper from the media because they were too focuses on some trivial statement Trump trolled them with. I'm not someone who think Trump is a god, but he is smarter and cleverer than he appears.
Old April 12th, 2017, 11:05 AM   #53
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

There have been some people who have been saying that I have been making unfair and unfounded claims about feminists, and that my complaints about radical feminism is just right-wing propaganda. So to convince you otherwise, here are some examples straight from the feminist horse's mouth.

Science is Sexist!
Quote:
Initial exploration of the STEM syllabi in this study did not reveal overt references to gender, such as through the use of gendered pronouns. However, upon deeper review, language used in the syllabi reflects institutionalized STEM teaching practices and views about knowledge that are inherently discriminatory to women and minorities by promoting a view of knowledge as static and unchanging, a view of teaching that promotes the idea of a passive student, and by promoting a chilly climate that marginalizes women.

...Instead of promoting the idea that knowledge is constructed by the student and dynamic, subject to change as it would in a more feminist view of knowledge, the syllabi reinforce the larger male-dominant view of knowledge as one that students acquire and use make [sic] the correct decision.
Basically, this gal is saying that science is sexist because it is entirely objective and based around logic. She is advocating for science to become "subjective" so that women don't feel marginalized by such horrible things as logic and reality. Also, the emphasis on male scientists in their textbook is also sexist, despite the fact that over 90% of previous scientists were men. And remember, this is a woman who almost has a PhD, not some internet troll or lazy SJW.

A Feminist take on the Illogic of Radical Feminism
Quote:
Ironically, those same women forgot to tell us that leading feminists thinkers were actually discouraging women from thinking logically. The reason: gender feminists have long regarded logic and rationality as patriarchal tools for the baleful oppression of women.

No, this is not a joke.

Feminist Elizabeth Minnich scornfully traces the source of rationality to a "few privileged males.who are usually called 'The Greeks.'" Historian Gerda Lerner denigrates the great liberal tradition of sound thinking as "the rape of our minds." And here's my favorite: Charlotte Bunch concludes feminists must attack the problem of "phallocentrism" by "reconstructing the world from the standpoint of women."

So what happens when we do away with rationality, and substitute it for a "woman's way of knowing," er, feeling?
This blog was written over ten years ago by a self-admittant feminist, so it is anything but recent propaganda. She is openly condemning feminists for advocating for a less logical society. And if you think about it, she is true. Feminism is ran moreso on emotion than logic, and at times that emotion conflicts with logic, yet when you oppose it they just call you a sexist. This reminds me a quote I read a few months back. Why haven't feminists taken advantage of the gender freedoms in the science and technology fields that have existed for the last few decades? But no, they are instead holding themselves back through useless women's studies classes.

I could bring up more, but I realized I don't have the time. Here is my point, radical feminism has done nothing but hold women back. When you blame everything on sexism, you take away all motivation to make yourself better and thus you stagnate. Telling women that they need society to lower its standards for them to have success does nothing but demean women's accomplishments. Lying to women and telling them that they won't get paid fairly for their work discourages them from even trying.
Old April 17th, 2017, 01:08 PM   #54
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

This is a funny one. For those who follow the political outrage sphere, you might have heard something about a certain Huffington Post article. Here is a short summary of the article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daily Caller
Shelley Garland, an MA philosophy student, pondered taking away white men’s voting powers as punishment for their “toxic white masculinity” in an op-ed. Garland argues that if it hadn’t been for white men, President Donald Trump wouldn’t have been elected and the U.K. would still be a part of the E.U.

The only way to fix this, Garland reasons, is to take away white men’s voting rights for about twenty years.

“If white men no longer had the vote, the progressive cause would be strengthened. It would not be necessary to deny white men indefinitely – the denial of the vote to white men for 20 years (just less than a generation) would go some way to seeing a decline in the influence of reactionary and neo-liberal ideology in the world,” Garland writes.

Garland acknowledges while this is unfair, it is a form of reparations for white men committing slavery, colonialism and apartheid in the past.

“Let’s be clear, it may be unfair, but a moratorium on the franchise for white males for a period of between 20 and 30 years is a small price to pay for the pain inflicted by white males on others, particularly those with black, female-identifying bodies,” Garland writes.
There was appropriate outrage from the Right due to this post. The controversy is pretty obvious, someone claiming that a whole ethnic and gender group should be stripped of their Constitutional rights because they support policies you don't is bound for some outrage. Of course because this racist article was aimed at white males the Liberal media ignored it or even supported it. The Huffington Post staff repeatedly came out and defended the article, but then something extremely interesting happened, take a look:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffCentral.com
Those who thought that Garland is not real were correct. For she is a pseudonym used by myself, a white South African male, to show that one can write absurd racist and sexist hogwash, as long as the target is the right one.

The piece was accepted without question by the Huffington Post even though – as others have pointed out – the piece is riddled with factual errors [and] logical fallacies. Huffington Post did not fact check any of my ludicrous claims in the article, nor, as far as I can tell, was the piece edited.

This is an indictment on journalism … and a further indictment on the Huffington Post is the fact that its editor, Verashni Pillay, then took it upon herself to defend the total garbage that I had written.
Huffpo just got trolled! Yes, the article they repeatedly defended by claiming that white men don't understand "feminist theory" was written by a white man. Remember, this was the site that is constantly calling conservative sites "fake news" while hailing themselves as a pinnacle of journalism.

If you read on, it gets even funnier. They never asked for any sources on the author nor the article. They immediately accepted the article after all the guy said was that "she" was a feminist philosopher on a quest to defeat the patriarchy. The author himself admits that the whole article has fabricated facts and claims, which makes the defense of it by Huffpo especially ironic.
Old April 17th, 2017, 01:41 PM   #55
skyblue1

skyblue1's Forum Picture

I agree some feminism is stupid, but i'm probably liberal
skyblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 08:49 AM   #56
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Is Huffpo so dumb they can't read a basic graph? Or are they just that biased?

This is even funnier if you read the full article that goes with this image. Despite the clear indication that white people commit far more suicides than blacks and Latinos per population, the Huffpo dumbies still try to say that the suicide problem is equal among racial and ethnic lines, and completely ignore the huge jump in white suicides and the decline of black/hispanics.
Old April 20th, 2017, 03:52 AM   #57
deleted101

haha I appreciate this...
deleted101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 09:51 PM   #58
boyfromthesouth

Name: Joe

lol this is funny
boyfromthesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2017, 04:38 PM   #59
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Its a twisted world when a president can threaten Federal funding to schools because they don't have three bathrooms, but he can't threaten Federal funding to cities that break a long existing Federal law.
Old April 26th, 2017, 05:23 PM   #60
BlackParadePixie
VT Lover

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

haha I saw this on the internets and thought it was funny

18 - f - Wes Anderson fan - proud Italian-American - future UCLA Bruin

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see