Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 15th, 2017, 02:47 AM   #21
HahaWaitWhat
Nice Poster

HahaWaitWhat's Forum Picture

Name: Brandon
Default Re: Have you been pulled over? I've been pulled over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
There was one time where a friend and I kinda sorta outran the police. Well, it wasn't like they were right behind me with their lights on, attempting to pull me over. What happened was we were going about 110 down a four lane county road in a more secluded part of a suburb of Minneapolis. It wasn't super secluded considering there were plenty of subdivision developments and a large gas station nearby, but anyways, we were rocketing down that empty road at 3 AM. We were in the right lane and a cop was sitting on a side street on the other side of the street. We zoomed by and in my rear-view mirror about five seconds later, I saw red and blue lights way behind me. we knew they were for us (me) because we were the only car on the road. I put the pedal down to the floor and felt as 110 turned into 130. about 30 seconds later, I could still see the red and blue lights, but they were much, much smaller. I took the next turn, flew about two miles down that road until saw a beacon of hope, a Wal-Mart. we parked in the busiest part of the lot and chilled there for two hours, and then went home.
Lol almost in the same boat, thankfully the CHP that had pulled us over for the 73 in a 45 wasn't around a few hours before when we maxed out his car at about 135.

More recently, my friend (from above) and his girlfriend were driving an hour to the next city while my cousin and I followed behind in my wagon and got some rolling shots and videos of his m3. Anyway, we're in the city on the highway and my friend decides to do a flyby doing probably 140+ while my cousin got a video. A few seconds later, I'm doing 90 in the fast lane and look up in my rear view mirror to see flashing red/blue lights way behind me. I slow down and merge into the next lane hiding my buddies car on my right. We were all 90% sure he was looking for my friend. We both take the next exit to avoid any other CHPs on the lookout.

Moral of the story? Always have a silver station wagon around to hide you.

Disregard The Picture Below.
"I don't 'dress to impress' I dress to depress. I wanna look so good that people hate themselves."
"You do not mock me! I am filled with scotch, bitterness, and impure thoughts!"
"Cold in here?" "Nope, just really small."
///M

Last edited by HahaWaitWhat; February 15th, 2017 at 02:57 AM.
HahaWaitWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 02:09 PM   #22
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HahaWaitWhat View Post
Lol almost in the same boat, thankfully the CHP that had pulled us over for the 73 in a 45 wasn't around a few hours before when we maxed out his car at about 135.

More recently, my friend (from above) and his girlfriend were driving an hour to the next city while my cousin and I followed behind in my wagon and got some rolling shots and videos of his m3. Anyway, we're in the city on the highway and my friend decides to do a flyby doing probably 140+ while my cousin got a video. A few seconds later, I'm doing 90 in the fast lane and look up in my rear view mirror to see flashing red/blue lights way behind me. I slow down and merge into the next lane hiding my buddies car on my right. We were all 90% sure he was looking for my friend. We both take the next exit to avoid any other CHPs on the lookout.

Moral of the story? Always have a silver station wagon around to hide you.

I love the E36 M3! And your E39 wagon looks pretty awesome too. I'd love to get an E39 M5 some day, but they're kinda pricey to maintain.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 03:31 PM   #23
HahaWaitWhat
Nice Poster

Quote:
I love the E36 M3! And your E39 wagon looks pretty awesome too. I'd love to get an E39 M5 some day, but they're kinda pricey to maintain.
Ooh a fellow BMW enthusiast? I had a chance to sell my wagon and buy an LMB/LMB e39 m5 off of my friend's brother. Lol same person that sold me my wagon.

I would've had to take out a small loan on top of whatever I sold my car for. Didn't want a car payment, but now I regret not buying it. Instead of selling it, he's decided to part it out.

"I don't 'dress to impress' I dress to depress. I wanna look so good that people hate themselves."
///M

Last edited by HahaWaitWhat; February 15th, 2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old February 16th, 2017, 02:05 AM   #24
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

Quote:
Ooh a fellow BMW enthusiast? I had a chance to sell my wagon and buy an LMB/LMB e39 m5 off of my friend's brother. Lol same person that sold me my wagon.

I would've had to take out a small loan on top of whatever I sold my car for. Didn't want a car payment, but now I regret not buying it. Instead of selling it, he's decided to part it out.
I definitely love BMW, that's for sure haha
It's a shame the guy parted it out.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
Old February 16th, 2017, 02:30 AM   #25
HahaWaitWhat
Nice Poster

Quote:
I definitely love BMW, that's for sure haha
Hard not to love them lol. Yeah, I understand his financial reasoning behind it though, but it is unfortunate that he's parting a pretty much BMW legend.

///M
Old February 16th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #26
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

Quote:
Hard not to love them lol. Yeah, I understand his financial reasoning behind it though, but it is unfortunate that he's parting a pretty much BMW legend.
Is it true that the E39 5-series, E46 3-series, E65 7-series, etc are the last truly mechanical BMWs? Because if so, they are definitely gems.

Old February 16th, 2017, 07:07 PM   #27
HahaWaitWhat
Nice Poster

Quote:
Is it true that the E39 5-series, E46 3-series, E65 7-series, etc are the last truly mechanical BMWs? Because if so, they are definitely gems.
It certainly seems like that. Those generations are also most popular in the enthusiast community, whether for being 'truly mechanical' or just because they're easy to get a hold of. I can't really comment on most models/generations as I've only really been around e36, e46, and e39s. I can't really say that I've heard good things about e65s though.

With that aside, I've been around a few newer BMWs all of course owned by my friends BMW fanatic family. Out of all of them, I've only driven their X3 so I can't even really say much about the rest of them. His wife's previous 128i and its replacement (an M2) are both amazing cars regardless though

///M
Old February 17th, 2017, 12:46 AM   #28
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

Quote:
It certainly seems like that. Those generations are also most popular in the enthusiast community, whether for being 'truly mechanical' or just because they're easy to get a hold of. I can't really comment on most models/generations as I've only really been around e36, e46, and e39s. I can't really say that I've heard good things about e65s though.

With that aside, I've been around a few newer BMWs all of course owned by my friends BMW fanatic family. Out of all of them, I've only driven their X3 so I can't even really say much about the rest of them. His wife's previous 128i and its replacement (an M2) are both amazing cars regardless though
The M2 seems really cool

Old April 9th, 2017, 06:14 AM   #29
Andre1998

I didn't​ get pulled over yet luckily.
Andre1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:42 PM   #30
jdhud024
Member+

jdhud024's Forum Picture

Name: JD

I got pulled over once for cutting through a gas station parking lot while running late for school. Three other cars in front of me did it so I said fuck it and did it too. Undercover cop got me, but he didn't give me a ticket, warning, or anything. He didn't even ask for license or registration. Just told me not to do it again and that he understands how irritating it is when someone holds up traffic like the guy at the stop sign was doing (not turning when he had plenty of time, I sat waiting for like 5 minutes before cutting through the parking lot).

Typical gay 17 year old furfag with an unhealthy obsession for his truck

PM me anytime, I like meeting people.
jdhud024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 06:17 PM   #31
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhud024 View Post
I got pulled over once for cutting through a gas station parking lot while running late for school. Three other cars in front of me did it so I said fuck it and did it too. Undercover cop got me, but he didn't give me a ticket, warning, or anything. He didn't even ask for license or registration. Just told me not to do it again and that he understands how irritating it is when someone holds up traffic like the guy at the stop sign was doing (not turning when he had plenty of time, I sat waiting for like 5 minutes before cutting through the parking lot).
How come it was illegal to cut through the parking lot?

Old May 26th, 2017, 08:19 PM   #32
Pepito
Member+

Pepito's Forum Picture

Name: Peter

I haven't personally, but my parents have been when i was in the car with them. It was actually my fault (at least partly) coz i slid the seatbelt off my shoulder as i was looking at the satnav and apparently it looked like i wasn't wearing one.
Pepito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2017, 02:03 AM   #33
jdhud024
Member+

jdhud024's Forum Picture

Quote:
How come it was illegal to cut through the parking lot?
Cutting through parking lots/anything really to avoid stop signs/stop lights/etc. is illegal and I knew it was but still did it to try to get there on time lol. This is what the road/gas station looks like:

That road is busy as fuck every school morning, because there is an intermediate school just out of view on the bottom left, and the high school is 1/2 to 1 mile to the right. I was waiting at that stop sign, which isn't a three way stop (the stop sign is where the single red car is on the left), and after waiting for over 5 minutes in the same place, the three cars in front of me decided to cut through that gas station parking lot to turn right, so I followed, and there was an undercover cop in an unmarked silver Charger that got me. Was chill, didn't ask for license or registration, or even my name, just said he understands the struggle but don't do it again.

Old May 27th, 2017, 01:21 PM   #34
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhud024 View Post
Cutting through parking lots/anything really to avoid stop signs/stop lights/etc. is illegal and I knew it was but still did it to try to get there on time lol. This is what the road/gas station looks like:

That road is busy as fuck every school morning, because there is an intermediate school just out of view on the bottom left, and the high school is 1/2 to 1 mile to the right. I was waiting at that stop sign, which isn't a three way stop (the stop sign is where the single red car is on the left), and after waiting for over 5 minutes in the same place, the three cars in front of me decided to cut through that gas station parking lot to turn right, so I followed, and there was an undercover cop in an unmarked silver Charger that got me. Was chill, didn't ask for license or registration, or even my name, just said he understands the struggle but don't do it again.
Ah, that makes sense. I've pulled similar maneuvers, but never like that. There are similar gas stations that are on a corner like that, but none of them offer a clear passageway like that. I can see why it's illegal in your case. If it wasn't, that parking lot would be a street in it of its self

Old May 27th, 2017, 11:12 PM   #35
jdhud024
Member+

jdhud024's Forum Picture

Quote:
Ah, that makes sense. I've pulled similar maneuvers, but never like that. There are similar gas stations that are on a corner like that, but none of them offer a clear passageway like that. I can see why it's illegal in your case. If it wasn't, that parking lot would be a street in it of its self
Yeah lmao. Glad I didn't get a ticket. Already had a wreck in September I don't need another reason for my insurance to go up

Old June 5th, 2017, 01:16 AM   #36
jdhud024
Member+

jdhud024's Forum Picture

I'll probably be pulled over for doing shit like this one day though.
https://goo.gl/photos/GXGd6Hjc62XuX4At5
I love hearing that Ford 5.4L 3V V8 roar under the hood. Makes me smile every damn time. Only 300HP and 365ft/lbs of torque, but she'll pull anything thrown at her without complaining.

Old June 7th, 2017, 10:41 PM   #37
bpk1234

bpk1234's Forum Picture

Yes I have. I was doing 70mph in a 50mph zone. The cop gave me a break because I was honest with him and he only ticketed me for the slowest speed he clocked me at which was 55mph.
bpk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2017, 08:16 PM   #38
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

Quote:
It's always a shame until you really need that one part I don't like it either but they're definitely a necessary evil It's better their being a few less cars on the road than a lot more cars rotting on driveways because of a obsolete part.

Back on topic, my and my friend got pulled over today, we where in his car, 50mph in a 30mph zone, amazingly no ticket. It sounds weird but because of the stupid place the speed limit is and the way the road lays it's not as bad as it sounds, just given a very stern talking too by a very annoyed police officer.

My favorite part was him saying "don't do it in front of a police officer"

My names Joe, but you can call me "Lord and master of all space and time"
I'm Bisexual, deal with it
Ask me shit

~Mike was here~
CosmicNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2017, 12:23 AM   #39
jdhud024
Member+

jdhud024's Forum Picture

Story time. I'm the luckiest motherfucker I know.

Ok, so June 22, 2017, I was on the way home from Montgomery, AL. Traveling on I-85, I was between exit 32 and mile marker 42, somewhere in there. Don't know, doesn't matter.

Before I continue, let me say that I was driving my mom's car, a 2013 Hyundai Azera. 3.3L V6, 6 speed transmission, its a fast sedan, my dad's gotten it up to 120 mph in 5th gear, so she still had another gear to keep going. Anyway, I was driving my mom's car, which makes 80 mph feel like 20 mph.

So, I was a few cars back in a long line of cars in the left lane, and there was this one car riding my ass. People that do that piss me off greatly. Well, I decided to do a very dumb thing. As soon as I got a chance, I got in the right lane and floored it to get away from the car riding my ass. Well, I wasn't paying attention to the speedometer. But the undercover state trooper in a blacked out Ford Explorer in the left lane that I merged in front of certainly was. I knew as soon as I merged into the left lane that it was a cop. I could see the LED lights mounted in the grille. I got back in the right lane and just started slowing down, knowing I fucked up. He followed and turned his lights on.

Here's where I'm a lucky motherfucker.

We pull over, he walks up (he's like early to mid 20s), I explain what and why I did it. He said, "That's still no reason to go at least 98 mph, and that was the last thing I clocked you at". He gave me a speech about how if I had wrecked, he'd have to tell my parents that I didn't make it, and things like that. He asked for my license, I gave it to him, he noticed I had just turned 17 a few days ago, and he could tell I was obviously terrified. I was shaking. I knew that I would be in deep shit with my parents, cause that ticket would have been at least $600, not to mention insurance skyrocketing. Well, he asked if I had been pulled over before. I said no (I had been, but there isn't any proof of that since the first time neither my tag or license had been run), and he said, "Well, I'm gonna give you a mulligan. You know what that is? It's a do over, a second chance. State troopers don't normally give mulligans. I'm not going to write you a ticket, I'm not gonna write you a warning, just don't do that shit again. I don't want to be the one that has to tell your parents you were going 100+ on the interstate and flipped and didn't survive. I've had to do that too many times already. Understand?" and naturally I'm saying thank you so much and yes I understand and stuff like that. Then he let me go.

My adrenaline was still pumping 30 minutes later when I got home, and an hour after I got home I could still feel it some.

Don't speed. Definitely not in traffic. And definitely not with an undercover cop or state trooper around.

Seriously though, that scared the fuck out of me. That is why I need to stick to trucks and not cars, I don't act like an idiot as much in my F250.

And lastly, to that state trooper, thank you so much. I promise I won't be a dumbass like that again.

Old June 26th, 2017, 02:54 PM   #40
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator

xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture

Name: Val

a lot of the stories in here really made me laugh. and cringe. and laugh.
i don't have any really exciting stories, and ive only ever been pulled over twice.

first was when i had my permit and i didn't understand the concept of me having a stop sign and traffic the other way not, and i didn't yield and it just happened to be an officer. he was nice about it, but yeah.
second was the day that i left my dorm to go on my internship.. car packed full ass to the brim, to the point where i had to buckle the seat belt next to me because the weight sensor thought i had a passenger.. right before i left, i gave everything one last push so i could attempt to see out the back. the road near school is a US highway, but it changes from a 45 to a 40 to a 30 randomly and the signage is awkward.. so i'm pushing 60, which isn't totally uncommon in the 45, but i didn't realize we had switched into the 40, and i got nabbed by a guy hiding in trees. gave me a warning though.

had so many close calls on the interstate driving home and back to school every weekend though. especially in some of the 55 speed limit areas.. fuck. there was one time though where literally a cop with lights pulled out behind me from a median as i was traveling in the left lane and i thought i was toast.. but as i merged over a lane, he just sped up and kept on going.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote