Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 4th, 2016, 01:00 AM   #1
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob
Default Have you been pulled over? I've been pulled over.

I've been pulled over a total of nine times. i only recently realized that. To be honest, if someone were to ask me how many times I had been pulled over, I'd guess something like two or three, but in reality, it's six. Here are the stories.

First: Speeding (63 in a 50) warning

Second driving on an official vehicle only street in Downtown Minneapolis warning

Third: Acting suspicious, cop basically pulled me over to make sure I wasn't drunk warning

Fourth: speeding (38 in a 30) and since it was so late, I bet he wanted to make sure I wasn't drunk. warning

Fifth: rolled through a stop sign, told me I slowly rolled through a stop sign and told me to feel my car rock back before I go again warning

Sixth: expired tags, told me to get new ones warning

Seventh: speeding (80 in a 70) was on an interstate highway with my girlfriend coming home from a party an hour and a half north; we really just wanted to get home, so I set the cruise at 80. The cop was cool and gave me a warning.

Eighth: Speeding (57 in a 40) Alright, that sounds bad, but it wasn't. That particular road has very little cross traffic, no driveways, there's not a school for miles, and yeah, the speed limit shouldn't be 40. People commonly go 50. I was kinda sorta late to school, so I was going faster than my usual 50. I blew by a known speed trap, and like clockwork, out came a city cop. About a minute later, he pulled me over and asked for all the usual stuff. (license and proof of insurance) The license was no problem. I got that out easily. However, the insurance was a bit of a hiccup because it was in an envelope in my glove box. Another item in my glove box was a metal BB handgun; you know, the kind that shoot little copper BBs that are meant for small game hunting... It's classified as a lethal weapon. Before even thinking of reaching to my glove box to get the insurance details, I came clean with the cop and told him "There's a very realistic looking BB gun in there, what Should I do?" He was totally cool about it, and just said it wasn't a big deal, so I proceeded and gave him the paper. He went to his car and came back with just my license and gave me a warning. I had a fucking GUN in the car and the guy gave me a warning. it was great.

Ninth: Headlight out; I have a relatively new car, so I have no idea why this happened, but I was fully expecting to be pulled over. So much so, that my wallet (which contains my drivers' license) and insurance details were sitting right in my lap as i was driving. Sure enough, around midnight, I saw the front of a Ford Explorer (common police car here) hiding on a side street, and when I passed they followed me, waited around three minutes to probably see if I'd do anything else illegal, and then they pulled me over. It was a quick, friendly exchange, and I promised to get it fixed, so I got a warning.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers

Last edited by PinkFloyd; February 28th, 2017 at 03:12 PM.
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2016, 05:03 PM   #2
Cognizant
Smoothie King

Cognizant's Forum Picture

Name: Patrick
Default Re: Have you been pulled over? I've been pulled over.

I've been pulled over five times, four of which were for lighting issues I had due to bad connectors in my car.

1st time: Burnt out headlight (fix it ticket)

2nd time: Broken brake light BY THE SAME FUCKING COP 4 MONTHS LATER (fix it ticket)

3rd time: Broken brake light still not fixed, pulled over by a different PD this time (only got a warning)

4rd time: Same broken brake light (though at this point only 1 brake light was working), that I hadn't gotten fixed (another fix it ticket from San Francisco PD because I didn't have the other ticket with me)

5th time (the only dangerous stupid one): going 90 in a 65 on the freeway bc it was like 1am and I was bored. He asked me if I was drunk. Surprisingly, I explained myself to the officer (I was stressed at home and thought it would be fun to go for a late night drive, but obviously flooring it wasn't a bright idea) and he gave me a warning!!!!

Last edited by Cognizant; October 4th, 2016 at 05:07 PM.
Cognizant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2016, 09:38 PM   #3
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognizant View Post
I've been pulled over five times, four of which were for lighting issues I had due to bad connectors in my car.

1st time: Burnt out headlight (fix it ticket)

2nd time: Broken brake light BY THE SAME FUCKING COP 4 MONTHS LATER (fix it ticket)

3rd time: Broken brake light still not fixed, pulled over by a different PD this time (only got a warning)

4rd time: Same broken brake light (though at this point only 1 brake light was working), that I hadn't gotten fixed (another fix it ticket from San Francisco PD because I didn't have the other ticket with me)

5th time (the only dangerous stupid one): going 90 in a 65 on the freeway bc it was like 1am and I was bored. He asked me if I was drunk. Surprisingly, I explained myself to the officer (I was stressed at home and thought it would be fun to go for a late night drive, but obviously flooring it wasn't a bright idea) and he gave me a warning!!!!
That is fantastic. You did the absolute right thing by telling the truth to the cop. I learned that one of the main reasons cops pull people over for speeding at night is to see if they're under the influence. When the cop saw that you were as a bird, he leveled with your frustration and understood you weren't really endangering yourself or others, so he gave you a warning. It's also got a lot to do with the car you were driving. If it's a new car with safety features and responsive steering, it's able to go fast at high speeds in a more safe manor than a 92 Civic.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
Old October 6th, 2016, 12:47 AM   #4
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuckphace View Post
San Fran PD probably carries pink guns that fire suction darts

"Thir, do you know how fatht you were going?"
I would not be surprised.

Old October 11th, 2016, 04:12 PM   #5
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

In the UK you probably would have had your licence revoked at that point.

1st Time: Random check. Obviously young people at night are dealing drugs or murdering people.

2nd Time: Tire pressure at 14psi when it should have been 32 Verbal Warning

3rd Time: Speeding, 38 in a 30, legally mandated speed awareness course at my expense, 90 ($144 at time of incident, see what I mean PinkFloyd, cops in the UK are on a constant power trip, and when I broke the law it was 1AM on a Thursday on a quiet road. I understand you need to be put in your place occasionally, but come on dude.)

4th Time: Low tyre pressure (FUCKING AGAIN -_-) Verbal Warning

Thankfully the 4th time I was pulled over was just a quick chat, little did he know I had a bag full of alcohol and fireworks xD

My names Joe, but you can call me "Lord and master of all space and time"
I'm Bisexual, deal with it
Ask me shit

~Mike was here~
CosmicNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 04:42 PM   #6
Reece L
Junior Member+

Reece L's Forum Picture

Name: Reece
Location: United Kingdom, originally from al-raqqah aka raqqa!

My step dad was going 130 down a 70 mph down motor way. He got caught and got fined 100 that's it lmao. P.s I love when my step dad drives mega mega fast the speed camera picked my dads car up. Don't think the police would try and catch him. He's fast and never has crashed. I've been in a car when he's driven 120 down a Path way in the woods. Of course it was closed...my step dad was naughty lol.
Reece L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 09:33 PM   #7
Muddy Sneakers

Muddy Sneakers's Forum Picture

Name: Tyler

I'm always looking out for police cars so I've never been stopped for speeding, not that I go THAT much over the limit anyway. But i was pulled over once for talking on a cell phone and got a warning.
Muddy Sneakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 11:08 PM   #8
Sogeking
An Old Ghost

Sogeking's Forum Picture

I haven't been stopped but I have come close several times.

-Went 90 in a 70mph stretch of highway. The cop was hidden behind the trees facing the other side of the highway.
-Went 75 in a 65mph stretch of highway. The only reason I wasn't stopped was because there was another car going slightly faster as we were driving over a crest. (This one was a relief.)
-Went 42 in a 35mph road. The car behind me was also going slightly faster so he decided to go after him instead. (This one was an even bigger relief.)
-I saw someone getting pulled over for rolling a stop sign. (This was an intersection that I also frequently roll stopped.)

I guess I'm just a bit lucky.
Sogeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 03:36 AM   #9
HahaWaitWhat
Nice Poster

HahaWaitWhat's Forum Picture

Name: Brandon

There were a few times where I got close:

- Was headed back from work one night, doing about 60 in a 45. Get to a two-lane area in town, all of the sudden, a CHP launches out from a secluded dirt area and chases after a car that was only a few seconds ahead of me.

- Was in the city, doing about 70 or 80 in a 65 (freeway/highway). Look in my rear view mirror and notice a plain police suv right on my ass. Needless to say, I slowed down and got in the next lane as he flew by me.

- Was chasing my friend in his jeep through some twisty roads in town. Doing about 60/65 in a 35. An SUV comes out of nowhere in the opposite lane. I just see a white door go by in my peripheral, then I see brake lights in my rear view mirror. Thankfully there's a turn coming up, and my friend and I both nope the hell out of there.

- Another time, my friend (the one I was chasing above) and I were headed back from the Bay Area (he was driving) after buying some car parts. It was about 2 or 3am and were just a few minutes from home. He's usually a fast driver, and we were driving his first car that he had just spent two years on engine/manual swapping it so he driving the hell out of it everywhere. Anyway, it's pretty late at night and nobodies out, so he's obviously speeding. We're doing about 73 in a 45 when a pair of headlights appear around a turn. The car goes past, said car slams on the brakes and my buddy already knows he's fucked. We get pulled over a few seconds later.

Thankfully, I haven't gotten pulled over yet. Hoping that my first time won't be any time soon either, or when I'm doing 20 or 30 over the speed limit. BMW drivers already have a bad rep anyway.

Disregard The Picture Below.
"I don't 'dress to impress' I dress to depress. I wanna look so good that people hate themselves."
"You do not mock me! I am filled with scotch, bitterness, and impure thoughts!"
"Cold in here?" "Nope, just really small."
///M

Last edited by HahaWaitWhat; December 7th, 2016 at 03:41 AM.
HahaWaitWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 11:47 AM   #10
brandon9
Member++

brandon9's Forum Picture

Name: Brandon

I was stopped once for doing 120 in a 55 on a mile-long stretch of straight road while driving my uncle's Porsche, cop came out from behind a little copse of trees. When the cop came up to the car and shit he saw who my uncle was and just said "Nice to see you again" and told me to slow down, then we went on our way lmao. I was only saved any legal issues because my uncle is so well-known where he lives and nobody pays him mind.
brandon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2016, 12:09 AM   #11
Sublime Demonz
VT Lover

Sublime Demonz's Forum Picture

Name: Elise

I've come close quite a few times, but I've only ever been stopped once.

It was about 9:30 pm and I was on my home from work, just coming off the freeway in to a 25 mph zone where I was caught doing 41 mph. The cop was on the opposite side of the rode coming toward me and I barely got past him before I saw his lights come on. I pulled over and he asked if I knew why he stopped me, so I told the truth and said that I had been speeding. He asked if there was a particular reason I was speeding and I said no, and he let me off with a warning. I've been a little more careful since, but there were still some close calls after that too.

General Discussions Moderator
"You are heaven, if heaven were a person."
2.1.16 <3
x-amountofwords.tumblr.com
Sublime Demonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2016, 12:17 AM   #12
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HahaWaitWhat View Post
There were a few times where I got close:

- Was headed back from work one night, doing about 60 in a 45. Get to a two-lane area in town, all of the sudden, a CHP launches out from a secluded dirt area and chases after a car that was only a few seconds ahead of me.

- Was in the city, doing about 70 or 80 in a 65 (freeway/highway). Look in my rear view mirror and notice a plain police suv right on my ass. Needless to say, I slowed down and got in the next lane as he flew by me.

- Was chasing my friend in his jeep through some twisty roads in town. Doing about 60/65 in a 35. An SUV comes out of nowhere in the opposite lane. I just see a white door go by in my peripheral, then I see brake lights in my rear view mirror. Thankfully there's a turn coming up, and my friend and I both nope the hell out of there.

- Another time, my friend (the one I was chasing above) and I were headed back from the Bay Area (he was driving) after buying some car parts. It was about 2 or 3am and were just a few minutes from home. He's usually a fast driver, and we were driving his first car that he had just spent two years on engine/manual swapping it so he driving the hell out of it everywhere. Anyway, it's pretty late at night and nobodies out, so he's obviously speeding. We're doing about 73 in a 45 when a pair of headlights appear around a turn. The car goes past, said car slams on the brakes and my buddy already knows he's fucked. We get pulled over a few seconds later.

Thankfully, I haven't gotten pulled over yet. Hoping that my first time won't be any time soon either, or when I'm doing 20 or 30 over the speed limit. BMW drivers already have a bad rep anyway.
There was one time where a friend and I kinda sorta outran the police. Well, it wasn't like they were right behind me with their lights on, attempting to pull me over. What happened was we were going about 110 down a four lane county road in a more secluded part of a suburb of Minneapolis. It wasn't super secluded considering there were plenty of subdivision developments and a large gas station nearby, but anyways, we were rocketing down that empty road at 3 AM. We were in the right lane and a cop was sitting on a side street on the other side of the street. We zoomed by and in my rear-view mirror about five seconds later, I saw red and blue lights way behind me. we knew they were for us (me) because we were the only car on the road. I put the pedal down to the floor and felt as 110 turned into 130. about 30 seconds later, I could still see the red and blue lights, but they were much, much smaller. I took the next turn, flew about two miles down that road until saw a beacon of hope, a Wal-Mart. we parked in the busiest part of the lot and chilled there for two hours, and then went home.

Old December 8th, 2016, 06:02 AM   #13
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

I even driven cars plenty. But never got stopped. There was that one time though but I didn't stop. So I don't think that counts. And I didn't get a ticket or warning or anything. But I sure felt sorry for the owner of that car lmao!!!

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2016, 12:17 AM   #14
Dalcourt
Legendary Member

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Not when I was driving...but I have been sitting in the passenger seat when we were pulled over a view times.

When it's some routine shit in our city it's nothing to worry about.

But I remember being pulled over for speeding when I was in the car with my Dad during a stay in the neigbor state at my grandparents. This one was really scary with police officers pointing guns at us and shouting and all that stuff...
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:58 AM   #15
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut_ View Post
Not when I was driving...but I have been sitting in the passenger seat when we were pulled over a view times.

When it's some routine shit in our city it's nothing to worry about.

But I remember being pulled over for speeding when I was in the car with my Dad during a stay in the neigbor state at my grandparents. This one was really scary with police officers pointing guns at us and shouting and all that stuff...
Why did they have their guns drawn for speeding? Did the driver attempt to outrun the police?

Old December 13th, 2016, 10:13 AM   #16
Dalcourt
Legendary Member

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
Why did they have their guns drawn for speeding? Did the driver attempt to outrun the police?
No, he didn't...there was some sort of misunderstanding and the wrong skin color.
Old December 13th, 2016, 02:00 PM   #17
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut_ View Post
No, he didn't...there was some sort of misunderstanding and the wrong skin color.
Yeah, certain cops can be pricks. I only asked because a friend of mine didn't pull over right away, (he didn't make any attempt to evade, but he took roughly two minutes to pull over) and the original officer called backup and in the end, all four of the cops ran up to the kid's driver and passenger side with their guns trained on him. That was certainly a situation where him not being a white kid came into play.

Old December 14th, 2016, 10:03 AM   #18
Dalcourt
Legendary Member

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
Yeah, certain cops can be pricks. I only asked because a friend of mine didn't pull over right away, (he didn't make any attempt to evade, but he took roughly two minutes to pull over) and the original officer called backup and in the end, all four of the cops ran up to the kid's driver and passenger side with their guns trained on him. That was certainly a situation where him not being a white kid came into play.

Yeah...well it's difficult sometimes and dangerous. My Dad at first thought they meant another car as he hadn't realised he did something wrong as the other one was obviously speeding, too. So it also took him a few minutes to react but he didn't go faster to escape or anything...

It was somehow unlucky and could have easily escalated. But as long as you keep your calm, your hands where the cops see them and stay respectful you have a good chance to get out of it unharmed.
Old January 16th, 2017, 05:19 PM   #19
TaCoonaBiKe
Junior Member+

Name: Sam
Location: Depths of the atlantic ocean.. yes, we have wifi here

Ha, "funny" story actually, i was driving my grandpas old old old 50cc "rocket" (a babetta 210 if u wanna look it up) and i was going through vineyards, cuz i have those behing my street.. i had no license nor a registration plate.. so i was done in the vineyards just doing my usual spinaround like i always did, then i exit and decided its a good idea to go ride in a sort of a "MTB or Motocross" track with ramps, jumps etc.. so i was cruisung down my street, and since i have no license i had to go through a dirt road.. theres the problem, the dirt road sort of connects to a motorway with this like "exit" road which noone uses now... and as i was approaching the exit road i noticed 2 damn police cars (mind that these are the "green" cops, PMJs = motorized police unit [policajna motorizovana jednotka] and those guys are not someone to fuck with hehe) so i pulled both of those oldass brakes, stopped right befor them, did a spin on my leg and exited the road on a dirt road.. i looked back and theres no one.. yet.. i somehow managed to take a wrong turn and i got lost.. i uturned back to the dirt road and headed to my house, and as i look to my right, theres a fucking cop cap behing me... i pulled the throttle so hard, i ran through an intersection and was doing maybe 40.. then the sirens and everything turn on, i got super scared cuz, no license yet, and stopped... i waited for them.. they pull over, get out, and i see 2 guys with glocks and kevlars on them.. i shat myself.. one says: "are u tryin to outrun us on that? "Points at the bike" i said "no sir" and then they were asking like wtf am i doing etc.. in the end i got a warning thou i lost my goggles somewhere... i went home shitless and parked the bike never to ride it again D... now i got a license and am enjoying the dirt... ling post sry for mistakes
TaCoonaBiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 06:47 PM   #20
stoneflowe96
Nice Poster

Name: Katja

I got pulled over one time. I drove for my voluntary service to France and I got pulled over on the border by german police. They just checked the car and my driver licens. I did nothing wrong. I got probably pulled over because I drove a van.
stoneflowe96 is offline   Reply With Quote