Old February 19th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #1
Etcetera
Member++

Etcetera's Forum Picture

Name: Destiny
Default Self Harm Survey

1. Have you ever self harmed?
2. Do you still do it?
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it?
4. How old were you when you first did it?
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone?
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.)
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.)
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9)
9. Are you ever scared that it might progress into something worse, like suicidal tendencies?
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did?
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Have you ever self harmed? Yes.
2. Do you still do it? Sometimes, but I'm working on it.
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Cutting, then it progressed to starving myself for a period of time. And I've recently discovered that the fact that I bite my lip until it bleeds and still bite it after that and used to bite my nails down to the thing and it hurt - that was self-harm too and I never realized that. I've been doing those things since like elementary school. So perhaps it started much earlier than I thought.
4. How old were you when you first did it? I was in seventh grade, so 12 years old.
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? I didn't tell anyone until about 3 months ago. I told the school nurse and then my parents got involved and a therapist.
6. Have you ever gotten help? Yes, I went to a counselor for awhile and am about to go to another one.
7. What is your reason for doing it? It's like a release for me, I feel numb and it's a way of making myself feel something when I'm not feeling anything and I can control that pain and I can't control the other pain.
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? Yes. I have attempted suicide three times.
9. Are you ever scared that it might progress into something worse, like suicidal tendencies?
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? Right now I'm 46 days clean, and I'm using the rubber band method where I wear a rubber band around my wrist and if I feel an urge I snap it against my arm.
------------------------------------------------------------

If you are self-harming, tell someone, get help. Even if you think it's not a big deal or that you can manage it or deal with it on your own, get help. Don't push it off and say that if it gets worse, then you will get help, because when it does get worse you probably wont want to go for help you may get to the point of suicide. There are people who care, whether you can see or not, you have to find the right people to tell. If you self-harm or deal with depression, you are not alone.

If you know someone who self-harms, please go get help for them, or encourage them to get help. Some things you can't solve on your own and you need help doing so. The best thing you can do for a friend like that is to just go for help and let someone more experienced help get them the help that they need. It's not betraying or tattling, and they will end up thanking you in the end. You never know, you could save a life.

Message me if you need someone to talk to, I'm completely open.

Some people are just trying to figure out how to kill
the demons inside their heads without killing themselves.

You Are Worth It <3

Last edited by Etcetera; February 26th, 2014 at 11:51 AM.
Etcetera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 02:47 AM   #2
Castle of Glass
Awesome Poster

Castle of Glass's Forum Picture

Name: Niilo
Location: In a parallel universe where everything goes my way
Default Re: Self Harm Survey

1. Have you ever self harmed? yes
2. Do you still do it? yes
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? cutting, mainly.
4. How old were you when you first did it? around 14/15
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? VT knows and 2 wreslting teammates irl who wrap me up when needed.
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) nope
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) release from stress, and it makes me feel alive and real
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) yes. extremely often
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? not been able to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
We hate the struggle of fighting the urges, but don't quit. suffer now, then live as a champion as you over came your battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet
What if I just pulled myself together, Would it matter at all, What if I just try not to remember, Would it matter at all
Castle of Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 03:43 AM   #3
ksdnfkfr
Banned

1. Have you ever self harmed? Yes
2. Do you still do it? No
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Cutting and or stabbing.
4. How old were you when you first did it? 12
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? My cousin found out and told my parents
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) Counseling and Therapy.
7. What is your reason for doing it? Urge, sensation, gratification, release
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? Contemplated but never seriously
9. Are you ever scared that it might progress into something worse, like suicidal tendencies? Yes
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? Good counseling/therapy.

Last edited by ksdnfkfr; February 20th, 2014 at 09:25 AM.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 04:04 AM   #4
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

2. Do you still do it? No, thankfully I've been mostly clean for about three years. Occasionally I'll hit myself, or something mild, but I have it mostly under control.
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Mostly burning, or intense self-beating. Very small amounts of cutting or stabbing (like with needles or pushpins- not knives)
4. How old were you when you first did it? Very young. Early elementary school. I actually got suspended for it.
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? I would do it at school, and I got suspended for "displaying violent behavior". As of more recent times, most of my friends know that I self harmed in my early to mid teens. I don't really hide it.
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) No, my parents blame me for it, and refuse to get me help.
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) Both, it turned from more of the latter to more of the former.
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) Absolutely. My most recent attempt was early December, and it was almost successful. I still have suicidal thoughts, but can't get help for it.
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? I can't really remember. Certain points in my life are kind of foggy due to substance abuse and emotional trauma. I think I was just sick of lying about how I was getting burned.
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 09:17 AM   #5
AlexOnToast
Banned

AlexOnToast's Forum Picture

2. Do you still do it? Not really
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Stuck a pencil deep into my leg, headbutted a wall
4. How old were you when you first did it? 13
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? Only online people
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) No
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) Self-anger, needing an outlet for sadness
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) Contemplated it.
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? I'm not entirely sure
AlexOnToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 09:22 AM   #6
Harley Quinn
Puddin'

Harley Quinn's Forum Picture

Name: Siobhan

2. Do you still do it? I suppose so.
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Burning, cutting, bruising.
4. How old were you when you first did it? 13/14
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? A couple of friends knew. My parents knew.
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) Yes.
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) Short answer: To actually feel something
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) Indeed.
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? Usually I just distract myself and see how far that will take me, which usually isn't far. So I then just meditate which does help.

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

[Emerald Dream] if I had a 30 minute orgasm, I would probably need to sleep for a week

~Stevennn

*Ali*
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:33 AM   #7
Tarannosaurus
Awesome Poster

Tarannosaurus's Forum Picture

2. Do you still do it? Yes, less frequently though.
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Mainly cutting, occasionally burning, scratching, or partial strangulation.
4. How old were you when you first did it? amm 6 (roughly) ?
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? I told my best friend, another friend who also self harmed and my mother. Now two doctors, a counsellor, a psychologist and my maths teacher know.
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) See above.
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) I had a lot different reasons the main reason for my more recent relapses was to regain control and try to stay in touch with reality.
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) Yes, attempted twice.
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? I haven't really. I tried loads of different methods, nothing worked long term. As Siobhan mentioned meditation is helpful, and related things like yoga, breathing exercises and fresh air.

H&A mod
If you have a question don't hesitate to PM me or email me at [email protected]
Tarannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 12:33 PM   #8
Obsidian
Member+

Obsidian's Forum Picture

Name: Amanda

3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Cutting. Or maybe it would be considered scratching because it was never very deep.
4. How old were you when you first did it? 14
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? My mom found out but not from me telling her.
6. Have you ever gotten help? I saw (and continue to see) a psychiatrist for my mental health problems.
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) I felt like it was pain that I could control. I couldn't control the pain I was feeling due to depression and I wanted to feel in control of something. It also got my mind off of the emotional pain.
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) I've attempted suicide before but I hadn't self harmed for about three years at the time I attempted so it wasn't at all related to self harm.
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? I found healthier coping mechanisms. I listened to positive music, wrote about how I was feeling, read a book, or talked to someone. But I never really felt addicted to harming myself. I had decent control over it so once I realized it wasn't helping and wasn't right it wasn't that difficult for me to stop.

Amanda. 19. I like music and huskies.

♪ The shadow proves the sunshine ♪

Last edited by Obsidian; February 20th, 2014 at 12:39 PM.
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #9
Feraligatr
Water Type

Feraligatr's Forum Picture

2. Do you still do it? Yes.
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Cuts.
4. How old were you when you first did it? I was 12.
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? No.
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) No.
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) Bullied in the past.
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) I thought about it.
Feraligatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #10
Cygnus
Instant Crush

Cygnus's Forum Picture

Name: David

1. Have you ever self harmed? Yeah
2. Do you still do it? No, I'm way past that.
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Cuts
4. How old were you when you first did it? 10
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? A friend knew, that's about it.
6. Have you ever gotten help? Yeah but they didn't know I had cut
7. What is your reason for doing it? I actually have no idea, the few times I've done it I haven't been at my best, but it wasn't serving any particular purpose that I can remember.
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? Thought about briefly very long ago.
9. Are you ever scared that it might progress into something worse, like suicidal tendencies? No, because I do not do it anymore.
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? I solved my problems, and I don't recur to self harm usually anyways, so it wasn't an issue for me.
Cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 05:44 PM   #11
myfoodisnotshared

1. Have you ever self harmed? Yeah
2. Do you still do it? Yes, more and more
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Cuts, pinching, holding hot objects close to the skin to cause pain
4. How old were you when you first did it? 15
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? No-one
6. Have you ever gotten help? I tried Samaritans - it was great till I realised they'd got the completely wrong picture of me, and I just felt more worthless
7. What is your reason for doing it? I don't know, mostly because I'm stressed, but it's more punishment than relief
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? Never
9. Are you ever scared that it might progress into something worse, like suicidal tendencies? I'm scared I'll permenatly scare myself, but I really doubt I'll ever be suicidal
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? Well, I haven't
myfoodisnotshared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:25 PM   #12
Hallie

Name: Hallie

2. Do you still do it? I'm trying to stop, but I slip up often
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? It started with hair pulling, scratching, and head banging. Then it progressed to cutting
4. How old were you when you first did it? 11
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? No one knew until the beginning of this school year when two guys I knew figured it out. I wouldn't have told them if I had the choice though. Now a few more people know, and I told all but one of them because they have the same problem and I wanted to try and help. The other guy is now my best friend
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) Yeah I'm with a therapist now and I've been seeing him for about a year. Also I just started seeing a psychiatrist who can prescribe medication
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) Well it started with a way to control the pain I felt--it was the only thing I could control in my life, and sometimes still is. It gives my a few seconds of relief before I have to remember think about the emotional pain again, and it help to calm me down.
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) absolutely. Ive thought about it way too many times, and I've held a knife to my throat with the intention of killing myself.

10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? I haven't stopped, but I'm working on it. When I started trying to stop it was completely futile, but after trying for sometime I'm beginning to make some progress

woah i totally didn't post that twice i just edited the first one 0.0

Last edited by Hallie; February 20th, 2014 at 10:30 PM.
Hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 12:46 PM   #13
Deiform
Nice Poster

Deiform's Forum Picture

1. Have you ever self harmed? yes
2. Do you still do it? yes
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? cutting, scratching, strangling
4. How old were you when you first did it? 14
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? my dad found me holding the knife
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) yes, see therapist once a week and was in outpatient program for 3 weeks
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) release and i felt like i deserved it
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) thought and planned, never actually attempted
9. Are you ever scared that it might progress into something worse, like suicidal tendencies? yes, quite often
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? i cut, and it made me calm down
Deiform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 03:08 PM   #14
backjruton
Awesome Poster

backjruton's Forum Picture

Name: JACK
Question

Ok, firstly before I'm able to answer something like this... I've never cut, smoked, drank excessively or done drugs in any way, shape or form.

Before I can answer these questions I need to know what other things actually count as self harm because right now I'm actually trying to think if I do or not. If I do, none of it has been extreme... just scratching my arms (with my nails) sometimes when they start to itch from my anger but I've never cut my skin through that or anything. Until I actually know I can't answer any of these questions because I've always been able to deal with my problems in other ways and never resorted to this in an extreme way and now I'm really curious. I have also banged my head against things SOMETIMES but not too much of that either

EDIT: The reason I am asking this on here instead of looking it up is I actually for some reason struggle sometimes to read black writing on white backgrounds and zooming in using my browser on my laptop is a fail.

1. Have you ever self harmed? Yes/partly
2. Do you still do it? Sometimes
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Well.. I still don't know if this properly counts. But these past 2 days my neck has been hurting quite badly and to somehow stop it I've been extremely rubbing it towards a thick scarf and it's been helping. I hit myself but not really enough to cause some long term damage, usually hurts for about between 10 minutes and 2 hours or something then it stops. I've hit myself with TV remotes, controller for the PS3 and PS4, my mouse, my phone, basically the things I was holding in my hand at the time I got angry. I get angry for stupid reasons and this is just something I've been doing for a while because sometimes I can lose control when I'm angry but that doesn't last for long. And I occasionally (not very often) bang my head against the wall when I'm annoyed too, but most of the time this is actually by accident... I don't have any depression as such as I was able to just tell the teachers when I was being bullied and they sorted it out so that never got too far and my parents were able to get me help through high school also. I also sometimes bite my arm and my fingers but that's not very often either. I have bit my fingers and main hands sometimes but that's just as another way to remove the hair there instead of just shaving my hand. This does hurt A LOT but I guess it's quite liberating (I'm doing it right now because I just made myself think of it after going on to the page of that article I wouldn't mind growing up as much if body hair wasn't a part of it...
4. How old were you when you first did it? I've been doing these things for as long as I can remember
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? Surely I don't need to tell anyone because these things don't cause any long term damage. They know about the problems I occasionally have with anger and stress
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) No. I had to go to a counsellor with my mum but this was for different reasons. In year 6 (age 11) my teacher started to worry because she didn't think I was able to cope in high school so she spoke to my parents then they organised an appointment with someone to test some of my basic skills and see how I was doing in the basic areas. Then I had a very horrible doctors appointment (now I think, I think it was a checkup to see how I was growing but the doctor didn't get to see that as I got scared and ran out crying... and haven't been back to see him ever since as my parents know I will refuse to. I have problems forgiving people after they've made me angry a lot of the time and luckily they accept that ) and then 4 years or something of meetings up until year 10 (14 or 15) when they decided I was autistic. But the problem is my mum STILL hasn't told me almost 2 years later where about I am on the spectrum thing and that's just causing even more problems
7. What is your reason for doing it? Just something I do when I'm angry sometimes
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) All I know is I was stressed out after 1 of our cats got put down and I was in a sad mood for quite a while but I didn't think of suicide because I know 1. how bad my mum feels that she didn't help her brother after he'd commited suicide because of debt problems (this is before I was born so I didn't know him) and 2. because I know especially for me these problems with emotions don't last for long. I always cheer up occasionally
9. Are you ever scared that it might progress into something worse, like suicidal tendencies? I'm not worried about this because I'm mainly happy and my only problem is doing it would only speed things up, this is my main problem with everything...
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? I still do these things but they're not extreme at any time

I just answered these questions from the advice you gave me and I can't really answer in too much detail because I remember some things better than others. There is a girl in my college that always wears tops with short sleeves and you can see the dried up scars all over her arm, I've never had any marks like this myself and in a way I'm quite surprised about that

And I know this may sound quite stupid but I actually don't know if I have anxiety issues

Last edited by Tarannosaurus; February 22nd, 2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: merged posts ~ Tara
backjruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 07:20 PM   #15
Etcetera
Member++

Etcetera's Forum Picture

Name: Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by backjruton View Post
Ok, firstly before I'm able to answer something like this... I've never cut, smoked, drank excessively or done drugs in any way, shape or form.

Before I can answer these questions I need to know what other things actually count as self harm because right now I'm actually trying to think if I do or not. If I do, none of it has been extreme... just scratching my arms (with my nails) sometimes when they start to itch from my anger but I've never cut my skin through that or anything. Until I actually know I can't answer any of these questions because I've always been able to deal with my problems in other ways and never resorted to this in an extreme way and now I'm really curious. I have also banged my head against things SOMETIMES but not too much of that either

EDIT: The reason I am asking this on here instead of looking it up is I actually for some reason struggle sometimes to read black writing on white backgrounds and zooming in using my browser on my laptop is a fail.
This may answer your question:
Quote:
Self injury, also called self-harm, self-mutilation, or simply cutting, is defined as any intentional injury to one's own body. Usually, self-injury leaves marks or causes tissue damage. Self-injury can involve any of the following behaviors:
-Cutting
-Burning (or "branding" with hot objects)
-Excessive body piercing or tattooing
-Picking at skin or re-opening wounds
-Hair-pulling (trichotillomania)
-Head-banging
-Hitting (with hammer or other object)
-Bone-breaking

Self-injury usually occurs when people face what seem like overwhelming or distressing feelings. It can also be an act of rebellion and/or rejection of parents' values and a way of individualizing oneself. Sufferers may feel that self-injury is a way of:
-Temporarily relieving intense feelings, pressure, or anxiety.
-Being a means to control and manage pain - unlike the pain experienced through physical or sexual abuse or trauma.
-Providing a way to break through emotional numbness (the self-anesthesia that allows someone to cut without feeling pain).
-Asking for help in an indirect way or drawing attention to the need for help.
-Attempting to affect others by manipulating them, trying to make them care, trying to make them feel guilty, or trying to make them go away.
-Self-injury also may be a reflection of a person's self-hatred. Some self-injurers are punishing themselves for having strong feelings that they were usually not allowed to express as children. They also may be punishing themselves for somehow being bad and undeserving. These feelings are an outgrowth of abuse and a belief that the abuse was deserved.
http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/self-injury

Some people are just trying to figure out how to kill
the demons inside their heads without killing themselves.

You Are Worth It <3
Etcetera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 08:05 PM   #16
Gigablue
Awesome Poster

Gigablue's Forum Picture

3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Burning
4. How old were you when you first did it? 13
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? My psychiatrist
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) I saw a psychiatrist and two different therapists. I only saw the psychiatrist a few times, but the medication I got worked well. I needed about a year of therapy for depression and anxiety.
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) It was a bit of temporary relief and it helped me continue to function when I was severely depressed.
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) I used to think about it a lot, I had a plan and was very close to carrying it out, but I saw my psychiatrist before that, which probably saved my life.
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? Yes. Once I started taking medication, the urge to self harm completely disappeared. The last time I self harmed was the day before I started my medication. Since then, my depression is gone and I haven't felt the urge to self harm at all.

Gigablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 12:44 PM   #17
PurpleLips

PurpleLips's Forum Picture

1. Have you ever self harmed? - Yes
2. Do you still do it? - last time was a week for christmas...
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? - Cut
4. How old were you when you first did it? - 13\14 (i'm 16 now)
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? - Nobody knows
6. Have you ever gotten help? - No
7. What is your reason for doing it? - It just helps you not to think about bad thinks.
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) Yes i thought about it, never tried it though.
9. Are you ever scared that it might progress into something worse, like suicidal tendencies? - : )
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? - I have to keep my arms scar-free..

Last edited by PurpleLips; February 26th, 2014 at 03:20 PM.
PurpleLips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 06:14 PM   #18
bdancer333

2. Do you still do it? Yes
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Cutting
4. How old were you when you first did it? 17
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? I told my parents and best friend
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) I am still seeing a counselor for it
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) Lots of different reasons, depends on the day
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) Yes
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did?
bdancer333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 07:48 PM   #19
HideInPlainSight
Junior Member+

HideInPlainSight's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

[ ... ]

Last edited by HideInPlainSight; January 4th, 2015 at 09:03 AM.
HideInPlainSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 03:21 PM   #20
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator

xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture

Name: Val

1. Have you ever self harmed? - Yeah.
2. Do you still do it? - Yeah.
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Cutting with the occasional burning.
4. How old were you when you first did it? 15.
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? - I never really told anyone, aside from VT. No one knew besides my doctor/psych until my parents found out.
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) - Yeah, gotta love my former shrink.. (not really)
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) - It's personal, but I guess you could say it's a release, and it takes away the other pain.
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) - Yeah.
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? - I haven't gotten that far yet.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote