Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 29th, 2016, 12:37 PM   #1
Caver
Member++

Caver's Forum Picture

Name: Verity
Default I can't cope

It's been about 3 weeks since college started up again, (I'm in year 13 now) and I have moved classes; 2 out of 3 of my classes I know nobody in them so just sit by myself whilst everyone else talks... I feel like I've failed last year in my AS results (I didn't perform how I wanted to have performed) I got CCDD. I am in the process of applying to university and I just don't feel like I can do it, but I don't know what else I can do because I don't want to work neither do I feel good enough for university or know what to do. I have no confidence whatsoever, I just feel worthless and that no one wants to know or speak to me. I feel like an annoyance and nuisance. It would be better if I just wasn't here altogether.

Verity
18 | UK
Caver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2016, 01:51 PM   #2
zzzzzzzzzz
Great Poster

zzzzzzzzzz's Forum Picture

Default Re: I can't cope

I wish I could make it better for you. If you don't know anyone in 2 of your 3 classes, I read that must mean that you do know people in your other class - what happens there? Do you speak with people there? You are also not alone in the grades that you had hoped for. Please keep the process of applying to university, you can only see what they offer - you can be no worse off than not applying, it does not mean you are worthless - everyone has a purpose. Do you have any family you get on with?
zzzzzzzzzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2016, 03:44 PM   #3
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I am sorry for how you feel and what you are going through. You need to try love yourself and look for some hope and good around you. I know that you have hard decisions to make and feel really frustrated and all mixed up. There is nothing wrong with taking a year off to think what your next step in life should be. Getting a job or part time one is a good thing really. I have had a job since I was 15. You should find someone you trust to talk these things out with. I wish you the best of luck and I will be around too if you need. Don't do anything stupid.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 05:20 AM   #4
Shock96

Shock96's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

One thing to consider... you have so many different paths you can take in life, many of which don't involve college. If you aren't happy in college, find a job to work in the meantime. Find one you enjoy, and take a break. Use that time to save up money, experience some different career fields, meet new people, and decide what you want to do.

Then, when you have an idea of what you want to do with your life, you will be much more motivated and able to do well in school. This is exactly what I have done... I got medically retired from the Army due to problems with my knee and depression-- that was my entire plan for life and I was lost when I got out. I tried going to school immediately after I got out because I felt it's what I had to do. I did not do well AT ALL. Failed all of my classes because I ended up not going to any of them. Just didn't have the motivation. I was also working in the meantime and that didn't help me when it came to devoting the necessary time to it.

I ended up getting a job as a school bus driver, and I LOVE it. I love working with kids, it has been a really fun job. I can be having the worst day, and it's pretty much a guarantee that one of the kids on my bus will do or say something to put me in a better mood. I drive elementary school kids, so they aren't mean yet (just kidding!). I've been doing this for two years now, and I have since decided that I want to go to school to be a diesel mechanic and hopefully get hired on at the bus garage when I finish that program.

I am starting that program up in a few weeks actually, and am very excited for it. I'm more motivated for this than I have been anything else in the past.

My point is that you have plenty of time to figure out what you want to do. Don't stress too much over it right now. If you don't do well now, you can always go back later. As far as feeling lonely, I can understand that. Going into an environment where you don't know anyone is always tough. Have you considered joining a club or sport, something of that sort? Those are a great way to make new friends.

Feeling lost and like you have no purpose at this point in your life is SUPER common. I think everyone goes through it in the process of becoming an adult-- at least to some degree. You WILL find a purpose for yourself. It's not a matter of if, just when. Don't stress too much over it in the meantime. Maybe spending some time outdoors, just walking around, hiking, doing whatever would be a good way to clear your mind and think about what direction you want to take.

It will get better, I promise. Always around to help if you have any questions. Keep your head up!

Matt

I've been around the block a few times... feel free to check out my blog for info. If you want advice or someone to talk/vent to, I'm here!
Shock96 is offline   Reply With Quote