Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 12th, 2016, 01:49 PM   #1
Shrinjay

Name: Shrinjay
Default I can't let go of this. Please help

I was suspended from school for 5 days. I made a instagram account with a bunch of pictures of mean pictures of my principal that I edited. The school found out about it and suspended me. This morning, my dad called the school. When he called, the school told him that they had immense pressure from the parent council to expel me, but the administration did not want to expel me. Thus, they were going to put me in a special program, however, it would go on a permanent record. They said if I switched schools, there would be nothing on my record. My parents told me that they wanted me to switch schools, and I was forced to agree, because if I did not, I would have a stain on my record and could loose jobs or getting into university.

I have accepted that I am changing schools, but I just can't let go of the fact that I made an account mocking my principal. I've always been a good child, I was in the GATE program, all of my teachers liked me and wanted to help me. I can't accept that I did this.

I was such a good student.. now I feel like shit because of it. I just can't take it. I want everything to go back to normal, I want to go back to school, I want to have my friends back, but if I do, I might ruin other chances. I just don't know what to think any more. I can't let go. I can't forget.
Shrinjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 01:57 PM   #2
Vermilion
Awesome Poster

Vermilion's Forum Picture

Name: ....
Default Re: I can't let go of this. Please help

I'm sorry your young though this, when I was at school we had a similar thing with twitter and posting about teachrts. I would ask what school rules or laws have you broke ?
Along with I wouldn't pay much attention to the record. To me most employers are after your grades and time keeping things like that. Your record would show you did one thing. Plus by staying your head would have to see you and think of it very time he does.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 02:01 PM   #3
Shrinjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin View Post
I'm sorry your young though this, when I was at school we had a similar thing with twitter and posting about teachrts. I would ask what school rules or laws have you broke ?
Along with I wouldn't pay much attention to the record. To me most employers are after your grades and time keeping things like that. Your record would show you did one thing. Plus by staying your head would have to see you and think of it very time he does.
As far as I'm aware, there really isn't a solid rule, but it can fall under cyberbullying rules. At this point, it's pretty much been decided that I'm leaving my current school. It was a decision my parents made. Going back to this school could ruin everything and my parents simply won't let me go back. I just can't let go of what I did. I can't let go.. I want to let go, but I just can't, no matter what I tell myself.

Thank you so much for responding to this, I'm really anxious, and just seeing a post calms me down. Thank you so much.
Old September 12th, 2016, 02:14 PM   #4
Vermilion
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinjay View Post
As far as I'm aware, there really isn't a solid rule, but it can fall under cyberbullying rules. At this point, it's pretty much been decided that I'm leaving my current school. It was a decision my parents made. Going back to this school could ruin everything and my parents simply won't let me go back. I just can't let go of what I did. I can't let go.. I want to let go, but I just can't, no matter what I tell myself.

Thank you so much for responding to this, I'm really anxious, and just seeing a post calms me down. Thank you so much.
How do you think you can let go ? Would apologising help ?

And your more than welcome for me reply happy to help
Old September 12th, 2016, 02:26 PM   #5
Shrinjay

Quote:
How do you think you can let go ? Would apologising help ?

And your more than welcome for me reply happy to help
It would help, but not very much. I'm writing an apology letter right now, in fact. I just feel that going to a new school would compound my sadness. Everything I would do, I would remember that I did something so bad that I got suspended, and the PTA requested that I leave. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to forgive myself. To compound the issue, the new school I'm going to was actually the school I went to from Grade 4-6. I did my share of bad stuff there too, and the student body hated me. I don't want to go back there, and remember all the bad stuff I did, and how the only reason Im there is because I did something even worse.
Old September 12th, 2016, 02:50 PM   #6
Vermilion
Awesome Poster

I don't know what to say really. It's good your apologising but from what you have put your running away from the problem, this won't help
Old September 12th, 2016, 02:54 PM   #7
Shrinjay

Quote:
I don't know what to say really. It's good your apologising but from what you have put your running away from the problem, this won't help
I know. My parents are forcing me to. They won't let me go back to my current school. I have to change schools. I don't want to run from it, but I'm being forced to. I don't know what to do any more.
Old September 12th, 2016, 02:56 PM   #8
Vermilion
Awesome Poster

Tell them how you feel
Old September 12th, 2016, 03:00 PM   #9
Shrinjay

Quote:
Tell them how you feel
That's exactly what I did. They won't listen. The school probably won't listen either. The pressure from the parents is just too high. They want me gone, and don't want to give me a second chance, no matter what the administration thinks. My parents don't think I have another chance.
Old September 12th, 2016, 03:03 PM   #10
Vermilion
Awesome Poster

Maybe a new school is a good thing as long as you can put a close to what you did
Old September 12th, 2016, 03:09 PM   #11
Shrinjay

Quote:
Maybe a new school is a good thing as long as you can put a close to what you did
I don't know. I can't put a close. I don't know if this will ever end. That's why I made this post. I want some help on putting an end to this.

Thanks so much for your continued support.
Old September 12th, 2016, 03:13 PM   #12
Vermilion
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinjay View Post
I don't know. I can't put a close. I don't know if this will ever end. That's why I made this post. I want some help on putting an end to this.

Thanks so much for your continued support.
Your welcome and, all you can do is apologise and ask for there forgiveness then try to forgive your self. It won't all happen at once
Old September 12th, 2016, 03:16 PM   #13
Shrinjay

Quote:
Your welcome and, all you can do is apologise and ask for there forgiveness then try to forgive your self. It won't all happen at once
I guess that's all I can do. It will take some time.

Thanks again.
Old September 13th, 2016, 02:13 PM   #14
jxxx_z

Name: Jake

Some things stay with us a lot longer than we want it to. If you can't get over it, you'll at least learn to live with it.
jxxx_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2016, 01:10 PM   #15
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Just how bad were the things that you said? Did you make any threats or things like that? Man it seems a bit harsh to ask for an expulsion or suspension for just saying a few nasty things. You must have said some threatening or awful stuff. I still would regard that as freedom of speech. I know it was wrong but you would think that you could have worked something out. If you are as good a kid as you say that you are and a good student I would think that your apology and some talks with your school counselor would have taken care of the problem.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is online now   Reply With Quote