Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 12th, 2016, 12:06 AM   #1
EuRo
Junior Member+

EuRo's Forum Picture

Default Homework & Depression

For the past few weeks I've had trouble keeping up with my homework, doing it the day before the required class, struggling to concentrate, etc. I was recently put back on Prozac but it won't start to kick in for a while, so for another 2 - 3 weeks I'm left in the dark to exhaustion and hatred and depression. For the past week I've slept on my bed more than I've been awake, and due to lots of stress and hard feelings I've cut myself quite a bit.

What can I do to get myself to do my homework? I get anxious about it but I'm too tired and hazy to do it properly. The last two times it's taken me days to complete my English, when it should take me no longer than 3 - 4 hours. I've tried energy drinks but they don't put a god damn dent in my exhaustion.

me_irl
EuRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 01:39 AM   #2
Vermilion
Awesome Poster

Vermilion's Forum Picture

Name: ....
Default Re: Homework & Depression

I would speak to your teachers so they know what's going on and they mite try to help you with it
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2016, 08:58 AM   #3
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuRo View Post
For the past few weeks I've had trouble keeping up with my homework, doing it the day before the required class, struggling to concentrate, etc. I was recently put back on Prozac but it won't start to kick in for a while, so for another 2 - 3 weeks I'm left in the dark to exhaustion and hatred and depression. For the past week I've slept on my bed more than I've been awake, and due to lots of stress and hard feelings I've cut myself quite a bit.

What can I do to get myself to do my homework? I get anxious about it but I'm too tired and hazy to do it properly. The last two times it's taken me days to complete my English, when it should take me no longer than 3 - 4 hours. I've tried energy drinks but they don't put a god damn dent in my exhaustion.
I went through a huge phrase like this I would stay up until 3am doing the homework I left until the day before.Honestly it is something you must start but when you start you will love it so much you won't stop Now when I have free time in school I do a fw questions here and there and then when I get home I do homework but I get it done ages before it is due so t doesn't stress me out.

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2016, 10:50 AM   #4
ImCoolBeans
Retired Administrator

ImCoolBeans's Forum Picture

Name: Mike

I used to have the same problem. I couldn't motivate myself to do any school work at home. I just really couldn't be bothered, but at the same time, neglecting it only stressed me out more and made me worry about my grades all of the time. It might be nice in the moment to procrastinate or blow it off, but it's never worth it in the long run and it's only going to make you more stressed out. I think what Jack said is good advice, I try to get mine done when I have free time at school or time in between classes, so that by the time I get home I only have a little bit to do and I don't have to worry about it too much. I know it's hard to motivate yourself with school, especially when feeling depressed, but getting it done and out of the way will take a load off for the rest of the day/night and could actually really help you feel more accomplished/proud of yourself when you realize you're finished with it all or when you get good grades back.

Always here to help. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
-and also Beth, with Max too
Contact me at [email protected]
Jon was here
"The Goderator" Worshiper
*Ali*-
Officially blessed by Elysium, The Goderator
ImCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 08:16 PM   #5
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I think homework gets to be a drag for us all. Maybe you should talk to the doctor that put you back on Prozac and maybe there is something that he or she can do to help you. I hope that you can control the cutting and get your motivation back somehow.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 09:00 PM   #6
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

That is hard, I know how it feels not being motivated to complete your homework. As Jack and Mike said above, getting some done here and there during school works really well so you don't have so much after school. I actually did this today and wound up with hardly any by the time I got home . Also something that works for me is a reward system of sorts... I have to finish all my homework before I can practice music, so if I want to practice that motivates me to complete everything. Hope you find something that works for you!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 09:54 PM   #7
jake97aus

Name: Jake

Definitely have a talk to your teacher about it, they can then make arrangements to get you some extra help and a bit more time to do the work! Homework can be depressing enough by itself without actually having depression on top of that. Also make sure that you're not spending too much time stressing about the homework. Set out some time when you might do some and then chill out for a bit so you don't overwhelm yourself
jake97aus is offline   Reply With Quote