Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 22nd, 2017, 03:17 AM   #1
ChromeCrow

ChromeCrow's Forum Picture

Name: Alex
Default Paranoid. I need help

Wow, I haven't been here in a long time, but this is the only place I know to come. Ever since I was young, I've had an active imagination. Sometimes it came in handy (being an only child) but sometimes, it made my life hell. I used to think there was always someone in my grandma's house. I could hear them running the sink water, walking down her hall way, their shadow as they walked towards her bedroom where I slept in the bed with her. But there was never anyone. I can hear someone in my house now. I hate the dark because that's when I hear someone opening my front door or walking towards my room. I'm easily scared by someone walking up behind me too quietly, or by russling leaves or by just about anything. Is this just how I am? Or could there be an underlying cause. Please help.

P.s. sorry about any grammar or spelling mistakes. It's currently 1:16 am and I'm tired, but I can't sleep with this feeling

ChromeCrow
ChromeCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2017, 08:46 PM   #2
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie
Default Re: Paranoid. I need help

You may have a very overactive imagination. It may be creating feelings or thoughts unconsciously. I am not sure but it wouldn't hurt to talk to your doctor about this. It surely is something very uncomfortable that you shouldn't have to live with.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 10:30 AM   #3
BloodyClaws

BloodyClaws's Forum Picture

Default Re: Paranoid. I need help

I think you suffer from some form of anxiety or paranoia. I'm by no means a professional, but I have dealt with this before - I had a fear of rain and storm. I would get all anxious; start feeling sick or having a sense of dread everytime the weather was gloomy. I slowly outgrew the fear when I stopped worrying about it.
Since you have an overactive imagination, it is probably playing a part in your paranoia. If you start to feel scared, think of something good; like a good memory. If I start panicking, I try to remember a good memory. It distracts me from the anxiety and calms me down. Hope you feel better.

No need to be perfect; only good and kind!
BloodyClaws is offline   Reply With Quote