Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 12th, 2016, 10:37 PM   #1
mcdaniels

mcdaniels's Forum Picture

Default Everyones fear of nudity

what is the big deal with being nude.. hardly any friends of mine take showers together after football and would have a heartattack at the thought of chilling nude.. as teenagers is it not something we should all go through, seeing whats the same and whats different about each other.. seems weird to me
mcdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2016, 10:41 PM   #2
camo115
Nice Poster

Default Re: Everyones fear of nudity

Because of peoples fear of being judged. Children dont care because they dont know any better, teens care because of the incredible social judgement from school where any diffrences are mocked so people are afraid of others findig out about any diffrences. And elderly people dont care because nurses and doctors have been loking and prodding their bodys all their life.

16 - bi - male.
Currently in germany for a while
camo115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2016, 10:41 PM   #3
Kyle37
Member++

Name: Kyle

The big deal is people are afraid of getting erections. Plain and simple.
Kyle37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2016, 10:41 PM   #4
VTGEEK14

VTGEEK14's Forum Picture

because I guess some people are afraid of dick size or maybe just think it's "gay" there are many reasons why people are afraid of being nude. I don't like being nude near other people to though.
VTGEEK14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2016, 10:42 PM   #5
mcdaniels

mcdaniels's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo115 View Post
Because of peoples fear of being judged. Children dont care because they dont know any better, teens care because of the incredible social judgement from school where any diffrences are mocked so people are afraid of others findig out about any diffrences. And elderly people dont care because nurses and doctors have been loking and prodding their bodys all their life.
the stigma aroud teens shouldnt exist though
mcdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2016, 10:42 PM   #6
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

I think it is cultural pressure telling people to cover up and people's fear of being judged

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2016, 10:45 PM   #7
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
I think it is cultural pressure telling people to cover up and people's fear of being judged
I totally agree with this.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2016, 11:51 PM   #8
camo115
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaniels View Post
the stigma aroud teens shouldnt exist though
Its the society we have grown up in, not our fault.

16 - bi - male.
Currently in germany for a while
camo115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 01:02 AM   #9
AussieNicholas
Junior Member+

AussieNicholas's Forum Picture

Name: Nicholas

I don't think it's a fear necessarily. I think it's one of those "think of the children!" type of things where people can't help but see nudity as sexual and something that shouldn't be displayed publicly. Over time, I think teens sort of just go with it and assume it's wrong because they also see it as something sexual.

AussieNicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 01:59 AM   #10
sara___

sara___'s Forum Picture

Name: Sara

I like my body and i'm not shy. I don't go around showing my vag to people but if they happen to see it ..... oh well
sara___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 04:59 AM   #11
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

IMO this is a legit good topic. And not only from a puberty thing either. It's a good topic to just conversation on.

Puritans from an early age have been taught, and for generations after, to cover up. Americans bring a huge Puritan in fleece to our culture. It's something I never understood as well as I do now until recently. We're taught we shouldn't be seen nude and it's shameful. I don't get it. It's a human body, there all different, so will every penis, bagina, breast or any other part were taught to cover up and hide from people to see.

For me, I don't necessarily call myself a nudist, more a naturist. It's not a sexual thing, but people do get sexually stimulated. That's a natural thing, it happens. And depending on the circumstances, you'd cover that up out of curtousy for those who don't wana see it. Others don't care

We're taught from an rely age at the beginning of puberty, we're going through changes. And we're taught all those changer are different from everyone else, which is true. The key word is different. Who wants to be different down there right? We don't cause we're taught the right stuff in the wrong way. They got the right message, with the wrong themes.

I really enjoy being nude with people. Friends family or complete strangers if that's were I am. I find it natural normal and liberating tbh. I've never had anything inappropriate or an unwanted sexual advance on me or anything like that happen. I'm made to feel as a mature human being, by everyone, on the same playing field as anyone else who's there, regardless of age. Yeah, all ages, young and old, I've been nude with them and I'm viewed as an equal part of that community. At my age....

See I think clothes places so many social prejudices on us cause of the size shape color brand or what ever were wearing. Remove the clothes what's left to really judge someone? Not the penis or breasts cause everyone's got them and there all different. Your size shape color of skin? Nope, that's all different to. Only thing left to form an opinion on someone is who they are.

I've made some great friendships with complete strangers, of all ages, where I meet them nude. It's been the best thing for my self esteem, which is usually very very very low btw. I'm more confident in who I am, my opinions, understanding of things in life in general, and people value my opinion.

Is it normal,to chill with other teens nude? IMO I'd say yeah, well it should be. But so many people are still so hung up on the values that have been handed down for generations. We just can't get past it. So many other countries just don't get us here. Other modern countries you'll see open showers on the beach for people to use after a day at the beach. I've seen it, entire families. First time seeing it was a little shocking. My first thought was of that was in the states the parents would be jailed, kids put in foster care.

Other parts of the world nudity and sexuality is just not even a needed conversation at all. The Puritan values strike again!!! Some of the best friends I have I've chilled nude with. Showered with, shared a bed nude with, what ever nude with them. I think it brings you closer, a tighter bond, it's a good, confident feeling, not a sexual one at all. We're taught from an early age that the only reason to be nude is to bath or to have sex. So,we associate nudity with some sorts of sexual activity. I don't get it.

So should we all just get over this? Hell ya we should. I've done some reading on this. And believe it or not, there is a growing trend towards this. And not to get off topic, but also a growing trend to not circumsise new born boys. But then again, why was it ever done anyways? Now a better understanding of the how comes and the whys I think is showing through. I'm the end, it's different reasons for everyone, different opinions feelings about nudity, circumcision, or anything in life.

It just doesn't matter and we should be moving twards more of a judge free zone on these types of things. Let's together practice what we preach and teach our own children when we have them the values that make sense, make them feel good, confident and free. Not shamed, low self esteem and captive by clothing.

Sorry for the long read, just feel strongly about this
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 06:34 AM   #12
eagle18
Nice Poster

I agree with everything he said!!^^^^^ awesome post

I love to talk about anything, send me a pm if your bored or wanna chat =]
eagle18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 08:26 AM   #13
pjones
VT Lover

pjones's Forum Picture

Name: paul

great post @just_jt

i believe our parents have the most influence, as they continue what they learned from their parents. puberty plays a big part too i think, as well as peer pressure. my dad has always been open about his body, walking from bedroom to bathroom nude. my brother and me showered with him countless times so we learned there was nothing shameful about our bodies. for a few years the two of us never wore clothes at home until i started puberty, then mom didn't want to see an erect penis even tho she knew it occurred naturally.

couple of years ago dad took me and my bro to a naturist resort and we had a blast. last year mom went with us so we are allowed to be nude again at home, with our friends as long as their parents approve. we went again this year too.

going to a resort is awesome. you meet a lot of great people. every age from grandparents to toddlers, but not surprising, few teens but some preteens that haven't started puberty. reading posts here i think once puberty starts teens become cautious about displaying themselves. nobody wants to be different so we hide under clothes that others find acceptable.

if you choose a clothing lifestyle good for you. if you want to try a naturist lifestyle i would encourage you to try, but safely please. don't go stripping off where it's not acceptable and get in trouble.
pjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 09:31 AM   #14
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Same to you @pjones. It's so true. I've never been to a resort, but I'd like to. I been to places in a neighboring state where public nudity is legal. (Yeah I know and in the USA to) but you don't see people walking down the sett nude. You can if you choose to, but it's not socially acceptable to.

The different ages I think really kinda pulls it all together as a family thing, defiantly not sexual. And I think it helps all the younger ages "get it" about bodies changing and being secure in how they feel about it. You see it from toddlers to what ever age. Wana know what your guna look like at what ever age? Take a look around.

Safety is huge, good point, always first. In the end it's a personal choice. It's not for everyone. We needa be sure of others (even friends) motifs.
Old August 13th, 2016, 11:15 AM   #15
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I don't understand all this with people being so overly modest either. I have a nice body, nothing special, but I am not shy or modest about other guys seeing me naked. I think that todays society has drilled into some kids heads that people are so bad and the world is full of sex perverts or something. This is not true. Of course there are some perverts around but hey guys I seriously doubt your friends and classmates are perverts. We are all curious about what the other guy or girl looks like. Anyway as I said I have no hang ups about other guys or for that matter girls seeing me naked.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 11:29 AM   #16
nekid
Member++

nekid's Forum Picture

Name: Phil

I'm not ready for girls to see me naked, mom does but she's mom, cause I haven't started puberty. But I don't care if other boys see me. I think when I finally start puberty and look like the other boys I'd be more comfortable being seen by girls, tho I don't know where that would ever happen.
nekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 03:02 PM   #17
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Name: matt

I guess some people just fear of what people will think of their body. Personally I dont give a shit

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 03:06 PM   #18
peter1994

This is a very Anglo-American hang-up. I grew up in Finland and Japan. In Finland, everybody showers and uses the sauna naked together (sex segregated) at school and public pools/saunas. In Japan, almost everybody visits the public baths once a week where everybody (again sex segregated) is naked together in the baths and showers. Nobody of any age has any hang-ups about being seen naked. Yes, you do get gay guys there too, who like the eye-candy, but nobody pays them any attention. The predominant attitude is - If someone wants to look, let them - no skin off my nose. The only hang-ups about nudity seem to be in Muslim places and UK/North America.
peter1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 03:15 PM   #19
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

@peter1994. Yeah a lot of other countries are way more open like I'm Finland. I have a friend I met here who's from holland I think, says the same thing. I've talked to people in other countries all over Europe like Germany Spain Italy what ever.

It's just not an issue there, like not even with talking about. But here in the states, while different thing. It's such a hang up, I really believe it may be like a route cause for SOME people to have some sort of sexual/gender identity/not really sure of the right word to use there, because it's like nature is suppressed or something. And is like forced out in other avenues.

Hey, here, taking a piss in public is a sexual crime. Yeah, a sexual crime. And if caught and prosecuted they'd have to register as a sex offender for life

Talk about a hang up huh?
Old August 13th, 2016, 04:54 PM   #20
Joel99

Joel99's Forum Picture

Name: Joel

I'm personally pretty uncomfortable being naked around others, but I think it is because of the "stigma" around it.

14/Male/Straight
PM me if you wanna chat about anything and everything, and please reply to my posts if you feel like it
Joel99 is offline   Reply With Quote