Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old June 24th, 2016, 12:22 AM   #1
WhoWhatWhen

WhoWhatWhen's Forum Picture

Exclamation How do I stay original/get inspiration?

I draw a lot- during the school year. But now that I am out of school I have lost all artistic inspiration, or if I do get inspiration, I can't express it how I want to. If I look at someone elses artwork and I'm kind of inspired by it I will try to draw something but then kind of just give up because I don't have a real idea of what to draw.
WhoWhatWhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 04:29 AM   #2
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Default Re: How do I stay original/get inspiration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoWhatWhen View Post
I draw a lot- during the school year. But now that I am out of school I have lost all artistic inspiration, or if I do get inspiration, I can't express it how I want to. If I look at someone elses artwork and I'm kind of inspired by it I will try to draw something but then kind of just give up because I don't have a real idea of what to draw.
Maybe plan to draw something for someone you care about?

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 04:55 AM   #3
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

What if you just drew random pictures of what in front of you atm?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 05:35 AM   #4
Anonymous2002

Name: Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoWhatWhen View Post
Whenever I watch videos of people doing things then i get inspiration for it ;3 well sorta. An example is when i used to make games, i would watch videos of people developing them and then I would want to do it again, because after going for days and days doing it I end up thinking about it and thinking it's useless. The same thing is with life right now, i can't really find a purpose but then i think of the few people that might care and then i watch some movies and forget about it. it's not really the same but i would suggest watching some videos

Roses are red
Violets are crying
I'm in the hospital
They say I'm dying
Anonymous2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2016, 12:24 AM   #5
Cadanance00
Awesome Poster

Cadanance00's Forum Picture

Name: Kayden

Draw things or people you like. I was like, eh! until I started doing portraits of people I like. That helped with everything else.

~Caen

"You are wise, van Helsing, for one who has not yet lived one life."
-Count Dracula
Cadanance00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2016, 12:54 AM   #6
Gwen
Awesome Poster

Gwen's Forum Picture

Name: Gwen

I usually try and make multiple small sketches of something I want to draw. If I want to draw a character, I'll put them in random poses or situation or change their expressions until I find something I want to continue doing. If you only spend 5-15 minutes on each it is good practice and will give you a good base to start with once you work on a full drawing.

What do I do, what do I do

What do I do, what do I do right?
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2016, 08:41 AM   #7
kev99
Member+

Name: Kevin

Maybe it is time to find new sources of inspiration. New artists, new kinds of music, and so on. At some point, you may be "running in circles" and need fresh ways to see life.

I don't think you should bother much about "being original". It doesn't matter. "Everything has already been done" in a way or another. What counts is how you do it. How much of yourself you put in it. That's what will make your own work unique. If people can recognize your feelings and your personality in what you made, that's all what matters.

Usually when I'm out of ideas, I daydream while listening some music I like. Helps me greatly to get inspiration. Maybe you should just take a break and daydream with no other purpose than let your mind run on freewheel?
kev99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 04:15 PM   #8
MaeFae
Banned

Name: Mae

This probably doesn't work for everyone, but when I am trying to get inspired to write; I'll always cut myself off of other peoples work. I'll just spend time by myself, away from any electronics and receive inspiration from the world around me. I find it helps me write original ideas with inspiration taken from places that people don't use nearly enough anymore.
MaeFae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 04:51 PM   #9
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam

Inspiration is only the first step towards one's own art.

Where inspiration ends, an own imagination always has to follow.

As for me, mostly such a vision comes by following a vague gut feeling. Usually a nebulous, not such a concrete image emerges, then flows onto the canvas etc.

But the actual image emerges just during the process of painting or drawing and can change a hundred times in form, color or theme.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote