Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Experiment and gain fat 19 79.17%
Stay (unhappily) the same 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 16th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #1
pdowty68

Default Gaining

Hi, this is my first post on the forum, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I have a couple questions. I'm 5'9/5'10ish and I weigh about 118lbs. I've always been skinny, but even as a little kid I would stuff blankets up my shirt and play fat. Even then, I think I was anorexic because I thought I was fat but was really skinny (I hit 100lbs during the end of the 8th grade I think). I also would not eat much at all. But around the time of the 8th grade, those feelings of being fat went away. I still didn't eat a lot, and I think the weight I gained was just from getting taller. Today, I am still really skinny (height and weight above) but I don't want to be. I love the idea of gaining weight, and I even got excited that I gained 2 pounds on vacation in Jamaica this summer, I was disappointed I didn't gain more, I didn't notice the weight at all though. I don't know what I want to do. I do get excited when I gain a pound or 2, but I rarely gain. I think I want to gain, but don't want others to know. I like feeling the very little flab on my stomach, but it's only there when I bend, so I don't even think it's fat but just skin. Please let me know what you think of this.
pdowty68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #2
pdowty68

Default Re: Gaining

Please write some ideas as well, I don't want it to be just a poll, I added that to see how the polls worked, but found out you can't remove it. Please complete the poll as well, but treat it as you would a regular thread. Thanks!
pdowty68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:48 AM   #3
Blood
Banned

Name: Jess

Hmm. I don't think you're approaching this in a healthy way.

Yes, you are underweight for your height. Yes, if you feel comfortable doing it, you should consider gaining weight, but do it in a healthy way. Have you spoken to your pediatrician about your weight? Or a nutritionalist? You shouldn't want to just gain an excessive amount of fat, because it's unhealthy and-however horrible and shallow this may sound-it won't look good. So do research. Eat healthy and do exercises that build muscle.

I didn't vote on your poll because I don't see how either of those choices are going to be good in the long run.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 03:30 AM   #4
ImAurora
Banned

Name: Aurora

I agree with Blood, if you want to gain weight, do it in muscle, not fat.
ImAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 06:42 PM   #5
CcRoder

CcRoder's Forum Picture

Name: Tom

Yup, it's much smarter to try and gain muscle instead of a bit of fat. Of course everyone has a standard amount of body fat, but if you want to gain, go for protein and muscle.

I love everyone. PM me.
CcRoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 07:02 PM   #6
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

I agree with everyone in that you need to gain muscle. However, if you do intensive exercise you will also need to eat more calories. Remember that protein builds muscle and carbs give energy. I'd recommend learning more about anaerobic exercise and nutrition before you try to do anything, and really I'd recommend consulting with a doctor beforehand as well.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2014, 12:37 AM   #7
unknownuser
Awesome Poster

Building muscle and eating more (nutritious and protein-filled) foods will not only help you gain weight, but feel better about yourself. Neat and trim beats gaining fat and flab or being stick-thin.
unknownuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 06:16 PM   #8
wicky
Banned

Name: wicky

Just go for it....u can stand to put on some.....let your body decide whether its fat or muscle. I too have gone from stick skinny to plumpy in 1 yr but do feel good about it....Ttill I was 16 I used to be really stick skinny until ..then suddenly I started putting on weight....It was really embarrassing, everybody saying "you've put on and patting my tummy and alll...I was devastated, I wanted my washboard abs.to show off at beach...After much thought i saw...this is normal weight gain of grwoing up. I gave up dieting and ate as I pleased (this included "junk food" too lyk every teen.....my waist went from a skinny 26 in to healthy 32 in....I now weigh 64kg from 48kg at 5 foot 10....I now go to beach...go shirtless...my tummy may not have rips it had earlier and may be shiny and plump but that is the normal....I even go skinnny dipping (i do not strip nude...I keep my briefs on).....added advantage is my butt which was non existent before has now grown to be a really cute bubble butt...my GF loves it too........I met my GF also after I stopped being skinny....I do not regret putting on at all...I do think that I will put on some more when I start my freshman year (Freshman15!!1) but I feel it will round me up a bit and feel no apprehension but kind of look forward for it...(partying and food and stuff too!!!

Last edited by Harley Quinn; June 3rd, 2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: removing yellow
wicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #9
ieric

Name: Evan

I don't like this poll, because I'm not anorexic I just feel kind of far when I eat so I'm not really unhappy with staying the same.
ieric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #10
vampirefreaks

Stay healthy.
vampirefreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 07:47 PM   #11
CuteGuy889
Nice Poster

Name: vicky

Just give chub a try...life is about trying...anyhow by mid 20s you are gonna gain and lose your skinny teen body (if you have got any yet)
CuteGuy889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 05:33 PM   #12
Big O
Member++

Big O's Forum Picture

Name: Owen

Do what you want but once you putbfat on its hard to get off

17 straight but very curious. Open to experimenting. Keep on Keepin on PM me anytime I'll talk to anyone about anything
Big O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:42 PM   #13
TheN3rdyOutcast
Awesome Poster

Name: Willis

My GOD! I thought I was the only one!
TheN3rdyOutcast is offline   Reply With Quote