Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 9th, 2016, 06:04 AM   #1
Matryoshkasystem

Name: Thane
Default Pre stages of eating disorder?

Whenever I eat, I eat in large ammounts, my parents have to force me to stop eating some days-usually I can do it myself-. Also with snacks I have to reign myself in, since I do eat lots of snacks-like 5-7 a day- , and if I don't I start to sorta binge. Yet right after I feel unberable, and have to go to the bathroom, and its also when I drink also. Almost like my body's trying to purge. I also am constantly on the move, I can't be still. Could this be related to being forced to eat a lot as a child to put on weight, yet tightly monitored on what I eat. I was forced to eat since I was starting to seem anorexic as a child-5 I think-. I'm also in this weird predicament of wanting to weigh more-for some reason, its never enough-, yet dread the idea of becoming overweight and make sure I don't gain any I also for some reason if not doing something like eating,exercising, dancing,etc I feel sick to my stomach.

Last edited by Matryoshkasystem; June 9th, 2016 at 06:29 AM.
Matryoshkasystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2016, 11:44 AM   #2
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Default Re: Pre stages of eating disorder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPanda View Post
Whenever I eat, I eat in large ammounts, my parents have to force me to stop eating some days-usually I can do it myself-. Also with snacks I have to reign myself in, since I do eat lots of snacks-like 5-7 a day- , and if I don't I start to sorta binge. Yet right after I feel unberable, and have to go to the bathroom, and its also when I drink also. Almost like my body's trying to purge. I also am constantly on the move, I can't be still. Could this be related to being forced to eat a lot as a child to put on weight, yet tightly monitored on what I eat. I was forced to eat since I was starting to seem anorexic as a child-5 I think-. I'm also in this weird predicament of wanting to weigh more-for some reason, its never enough-, yet dread the idea of becoming overweight and make sure I don't gain any I also for some reason if not doing something like eating,exercising, dancing,etc I feel sick to my stomach.
If you want to weigh more you could try adding muscle mass? What kind of snakes do you binge on?

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')

Last edited by Flapjack; July 19th, 2016 at 04:45 PM.
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2016, 02:49 PM   #3
Matryoshkasystem

Name: Thane

@TheFlapjack I've got yet to actually start bingeing, but I always feel the urge just to eat, and eat , and eat when I'm eating anything. That's why I said pre-stages. Not quite yet uncontrollable, but still present and just worrying, since its been like this for quite a while. All the snacks is junk food-ish, its not quite the worst, but not the best either.
Matryoshkasystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2016, 04:43 PM   #4
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

It sounds like whatever you are doing is very unhealthy period. I think you should go see your doctor and get referred to a dietician to help you get on track with your eating habits.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 01:17 AM   #5
Uniquemind
VT Lover

It might be a neurological problem that regulates the sensation of hunger, but it could be another psychological problem as well.

It's going to depend, but first off I would not fight the urge, I'd just shift the focus on WHAT you are eating into more foods that are directly rich in nutrients, rather than just junk food.

We're talking nuts, spinach, vinegrette dressing salads, massive amounts of fruits like oranges, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, whatever is in season.

Totally break all trips to fast food, due to the poor quality of the food, and focus on home cooked stuff, and if you must eat mean focus on organic meats like grass-fed steaks, and organic chicken and pork.

For now I'd stay away from seafood.

Junk food actually has stuff in it like added-sugars that stimulate you to eat more because it reignites the part of the brain that sends out the signal that you're still hungry. This could be the problem.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 09:02 PM   #6
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

I would suggest you start eating a healthier diet of vegetables, meat, and fruits. From what it sounds like, your body is consuming so much junk food that it is rejecting it, yet mentally it wants more.

Vegetables like carrots, beans, and celery are good for snaking. They have good taste, and can be eaten in large quantities without a large calorie intake.

Fruits are like nature's candy. They are packed with a ton of nutrients and vitamins. I wouldn't suggest pigging out on them, especially the ones with high sugar content. But fruits can give you that sugar you want from junk food but in a natural and beneficial way. This is from personal experience, but I find lemons to be very good with stopping hunger pains. The sourness and acidity of the lemon somehow react with my stomach and almost eliminate any hunger I have. Just a tip.

Meat is almost core to my diet, and lemons. The density and protein content of most meats gives a satisfaction that most other foods cannot. They do have a higher calorie content, but the type of calorie burns off better than sugar. Eating a hamburger with no bun can make your stomach seem full. Meat is also really good if you plan to start an exercise regiment, which I suggest you do.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote