Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 26th, 2016, 10:35 AM   #1
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Body odah Man's Forum Picture

Default Should I tell my parents?

A while ago, I was diagnosed with a light psychosis. I took some meds and it went away. Last night, I was trying to get to sleep, and I suddenly heard this girl's voice incredibly clearly in my mind, even though the place was deserted, and the street was empty. This morning, I woke up very early(5.30 a.m.) wide awake and felt odd (violent feelings towards others, lethargy, etc.). Should I tell my parents about this, or should I wait a few days and see if it was just a one time thing? I'm worried I'll anger them if I tell them or they'll think I'm being a drama queen.

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Body odah Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 10:39 AM   #2
ValentinClarke
Nice Poster

ValentinClarke's Forum Picture

Default Re: Should I tell my parents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body odah Man View Post
A while ago, I was diagnosed with a light psychosis. I took some meds and it went away. Last night, I was trying to get to sleep, and I suddenly heard this girl's voice incredibly clearly in my mind, even though the place was deserted, and the street was empty. This morning, I woke up very early(5.30 a.m.) wide awake and felt odd (violent feelings towards others, lethargy, etc.). Should I tell my parents about this, or should I wait a few days and see if it was just a one time thing? I'm worried I'll anger them if I tell them or they'll think I'm being a drama queen.
With any mental illness, it must be considered seriously. I'm assuming that your parents already know, as you have been placed on meds beforehand. If you want to, you can keep them updated on your psychosis and your mental health. This could have been a fluke event, or it could be a sign that maybe you need a switch up of meds :/

Pm me if you need to talk about anything I post, or if you need some help
16 - Straight/Curious
Valentin
ValentinClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 10:56 AM   #3
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentinClarke View Post
With any mental illness, it must be considered seriously. I'm assuming that your parents already know, as you have been placed on meds beforehand. If you want to, you can keep them updated on your psychosis and your mental health. This could have been a fluke event, or it could be a sign that maybe you need a switch up of meds :/
Yeah, I just don't know if they'll get pissed off cuz they assume I'm making a mountain out of a molehill or something, that's all. Still, I guess it would be safer to talk to them about it.

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Old May 26th, 2016, 02:27 PM   #4
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

yeah I'd say tell em... better be safe than sorry, right? Don't worry about them seeing you as a drama queen I'm sure they understand your concerns about the state of your mental health
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 03:11 PM   #5
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Quote:
Dude psychosis can be reallyyyyy dangerous, tell your parents buddy!! and please go back to the doctor!

Hope its all okay and you get better soon
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 11:15 PM   #6
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbeau View Post
yeah I'd say tell em... better be safe than sorry, right? Don't worry about them seeing you as a drama queen I'm sure they understand your concerns about the state of your mental health
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlapjack View Post
Dude psychosis can be reallyyyyy dangerous, tell your parents buddy!! and please go back to the doctor!

Hope its all okay and you get better soon
I told my mom (my dad is in the U.S.), but she didn't rlly seem to think of it as a problem. I dunno if I agree tho, cuz lately my sleeping pattern has been fucked and I've been feeling violent. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Old May 27th, 2016, 11:12 AM   #7
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Quote:
I told my mom (my dad is in the U.S.), but she didn't rlly seem to think of it as a problem. I dunno if I agree tho, cuz lately my sleeping pattern has been fucked and I've been feeling violent. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Please go to a doctor my friend!! Especially if you have been feeling violent. You could do something terrible and it won't be your fault! I don't mean to be alarmist and it may not be a big deal but its not worth the risk.
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2016, 11:23 AM   #8
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Think everyone here's giving you some really good advise my friend
Your mom may have reacted that way so she does not want to worry you
But seriously, don't underestimate your symptoms, you may be missing some things that you don't know and are really important
Please call your doctor and talk ok?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2016, 06:20 PM   #9
Cadanance00
Awesome Poster

Cadanance00's Forum Picture

Name: Kayden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJreversed View Post
Think everyone here's giving you some really good advise my friend
Your mom may have reacted that way so she does not want to worry you
But seriously, don't underestimate your symptoms, you may be missing some things that you don't know and are really important
Please call your doctor and talk ok?
Agree. If you're feeling violent, you need to tell your Dr. Don't go it alone, people are there to help you.

~Caen

"You are wise, van Helsing, for one who has not yet lived one life."
-Count Dracula
Cadanance00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2016, 06:44 PM   #10
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadanance00 View Post
Agree. If you're feeling violent, you need to tell your Dr. Don't go it alone, people are there to help you.

We are to if you need to talk or anything ok?
Old May 28th, 2016, 09:16 PM   #11
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Quote:
How do you feel...still not any better? Cuz feeling violent sounds kinda bad...you shouldn't take this one easy.
Old May 29th, 2016, 09:37 AM   #12
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
How do you feel...still not any better? Cuz feeling violent sounds kinda bad...you shouldn't take this one easy.
Quote:
We are to if you need to talk or anything ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadanance00 View Post
Thanks guys. I have the email of a psychologist here in Amsterdam, so I'm going to mail her. Hopefully she will listen to me and not laugh at me or some shit. I'm scared I'm relapsing, tho, even if I'm not schizophrenic and I can't tell my mom about any of this because she won't take it seriously. Thank u so much for listening
@corbeau
No, it seems to be getting worse. I've been having visual hallucinations 3 times I believe (saw a dude in a black cloak stand in front of me, a chick in the middle of the road, and blood on the side of my finger.) I've tried breaking the girl I love into pieces with words, tried to hurt my friends emotionally and distance myself from them.

Old May 29th, 2016, 10:35 AM   #13
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

I highly doubt she will laugh at you, she's a professional man.
And I hope you do that sooner than later, if it starts getting really bad, sounds like it is, I'd go to the ER at the hospital, they will help you bro
Old May 29th, 2016, 10:53 AM   #14
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

yeah if it's already that bad you have to get help asap.
Old May 29th, 2016, 10:57 AM   #15
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
I highly doubt she will laugh at you, she's a professional man.
And I hope you do that sooner than later, if it starts getting really bad, sounds like it is, I'd go to the ER at the hospital, they will help you bro
Well I spoke to my mom and she's basically forbidding me to mail my psychologist, because a. she doesn't want me back on meds
b. she thinks these problems are just because of the book I've been reading (the Brothers Karamazov, which, while not cheery, is also not a sociopathic book, more based on brotherly love).

What the fuck gives her the right to claim that all this is just me overreacting to reading material. I am so fucking pissed off right now

Old May 29th, 2016, 10:57 AM   #16
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
yeah if it's already that bad you have to get help asap.
Yeah, my mom vetoed that idea. I fucking hate her right now, man.

Old May 29th, 2016, 11:04 AM   #17
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Well, if you have something going on, then maybe the book is a trigger for you, and MAYBE She has a point

Example, for me, video games are a trigger, they give me nightmares. So bad, I piss the bed. Yeah, even at my age. Think about not being able to watch or play video games with your friends. Socially, it's like a social destruction or something. But I just can't do it.

So maybe give the book a break and see if it changes anything. It might take some time for it to make a difference. But if no change, then you know your right, and take that to mom.

But if she's right, keep in mind, it'll take longer for this thing to get better than it did to occure
Old May 29th, 2016, 11:10 AM   #18
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Well, if you have something going on, then maybe the book is a trigger for you, and MAYBE She has a point

Example, for me, video games are a trigger, they give me nightmares. So bad, I piss the bed. Yeah, even at my age. Think about not being able to watch or play video games with your friends. Socially, it's like a social destruction or something. But I just can't do it.

So maybe give the book a break and see if it changes anything. It might take some time for it to make a difference. But if no change, then you know your right, and take that to mom.

But if she's right, keep in mind, it'll take longer for this thing to get better than it did to occure
Seeing how inner voices are urging me to kill her at this point, I don't think waiting is a good option. But I'm off to dinner.

Old May 29th, 2016, 11:15 AM   #19
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

You need to get some help for yourself bro, ASAP
Old May 29th, 2016, 11:27 AM   #20
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
You need to get some help for yourself bro, ASAP
Can't. My mom vetoed that option.