Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2016, 02:05 AM   #1
ZacTheZebra
Member
 
Name: Zachary
Join Date: December 16, 2015
Location: Norwich
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default P101 Archives

So i usually go through the archives sometimes to try find information about things that i wouldn't post about, and when im scrolling through the archives i often see allot of just dead threads or locked threads is there a better way of dealing with these as the archive then gets full of half/unanswered posts


Thanks ~Zac~


PM me/14/UK
"Whats the point in living? Because if you don't your missing out, do you want to miss out?"
ZacTheZebra is offline  
Old April 17th, 2016, 05:03 AM   #2
Endeavour
Global Moderator
 
Endeavour's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 27, 2015
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: P101 Archives

Well the P101 archive is used to delete inappropriate threads or if they are bumped (old, posted in after 2 months of inactivity). All archive threads are locked. So if they are locked (and in the archive), they are locked for a reason.

An easier way might be to use the search function in P101 (for all/for boys/archive) to try and find something you need.



Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM[email protected]
Visit: Path to the HorizonAsk Me Anything
Endeavour is online now  
Old April 17th, 2016, 09:06 AM   #3
Periphery
Professional Spivak
 
Periphery's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: June 9, 2014
Location: Outside of your window in the middle of the night
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: P101 Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacTheZebra View Post
So i usually go through the archives sometimes to try find information about things that i wouldn't post about, and when im scrolling through the archives i often see allot of just dead threads or locked threads is there a better way of dealing with these as the archive then gets full of half/unanswered posts


Thanks ~Zac~
Remove the archives. There are enough posts in the 2 puberty forums.

I have another, better reason for this aswell though. Now, don't any of you ever wonder why at almost any point during the day, 100+ people are viewing the archives? That is way more than there are people active on VT most of the time. Now, how many people here actually think that that are members who are not logged in watching? Well, yeah.

I am pretty sure, not 100%, but pretty damn sure that some of 100+ people might be pretty creepy people. But that's just my opinion here, but I don't think anyone here likes the idea of a 50 year old man reading there posts on puberty threads right?

When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?
-Marilyn Manson

Android? We can't be friends sorry!!!!!
-Proof Bob is a peasant

~Richelle was here~
Periphery is offline  
Old April 17th, 2016, 09:37 AM   #4
Elysium
Global Moderator
 
Elysium's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 25, 2012
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: P101 Archives

If we remove the archive, all of those half/unanswered posts would just stay and clutter up the P101 forums. Either that or they all get deleted, which would cause more problems than it would solve.

But yes, the point of the archive is to house all the threads that have been locked for one reason or another.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Elysium is offline  
Old April 17th, 2016, 11:56 AM   #5
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator
 
xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture
 
Name: Val
Join Date: July 17, 2011
Location: in the middle of hell..
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Re: P101 Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacTheZebra View Post
So i usually go through the archives sometimes to try find information about things that i wouldn't post about, and when im scrolling through the archives i often see allot of just dead threads or locked threads is there a better way of dealing with these as the archive then gets full of half/unanswered posts


Thanks ~Zac~
The archives allow us keep the threads that aren't keepable in the normal forums. If we left them in the normal puberty forums they come from, the forums would be so cluttered, and finding new threads to post in would be really hard, and painful. This is important for us to keep as records, and honestly, from a moderation standpoint, it's the best system for us to use. You can always use the search buttons in there if you're looking for something specific, or look for threads (you can put them in post order by clicking on "replies" next to "last post" and "view") with higher post counts since those might yield. I don't think we'll get rid of the archive just to make it more readable, especially when it works really well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by marb121 View Post
Remove the archives. There are enough posts in the 2 puberty forums.

I have another, better reason for this aswell though. Now, don't any of you ever wonder why at almost any point during the day, 100+ people are viewing the archives? That is way more than there are people active on VT most of the time. Now, how many people here actually think that that are members who are not logged in watching? Well, yeah.

I am pretty sure, not 100%, but pretty damn sure that some of 100+ people might be pretty creepy people. But that's just my opinion here, but I don't think anyone here likes the idea of a 50 year old man reading there posts on puberty threads right?
Regardless of whether we have the archive or not, people are still going to be reading the puberty section. If we kept all of those archive threads in the forums they were posted in, just locked, we'd just get those archive readers in the main forums. Nixing the archive wouldn't do anything to stop people from reading. Are a lot of those people probably creepy? Honestly, yes. But we can't do anything about it, except monitor registration and moderate the forums, which we do.

Do you think we should make the forums private? Because that would just defer registration so much. I read the forums before I joined, I know of a bunch of friends who did as well, and I'm sure a whole lot of VT did as well. And I don't know if I would have joined if I couldn't read and look around first. It's an important step.

If you don't want a 50 year old perv reading your post on the internet, then I strongly urge you to not post it.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
Likes: (1)
xXl0sth0peXx is offline  
Old April 17th, 2016, 12:17 PM   #6
Periphery
Professional Spivak
 
Periphery's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: June 9, 2014
Location: Outside of your window in the middle of the night
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: P101 Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXl0sth0peXx View Post
The archives allow us keep the threads that aren't keepable in the normal forums. If we left them in the normal puberty forums they come from, the forums would be so cluttered, and finding new threads to post in would be really hard, and painful. This is important for us to keep as records, and honestly, from a moderation standpoint, it's the best system for us to use. You can always use the search buttons in there if you're looking for something specific, or look for threads (you can put them in post order by clicking on "replies" next to "last post" and "view") with higher post counts since those might yield. I don't think we'll get rid of the archive just to make it more readable, especially when it works really well.




Regardless of whether we have the archive or not, people are still going to be reading the puberty section. If we kept all of those archive threads in the forums they were posted in, just locked, we'd just get those archive readers in the main forums. Nixing the archive wouldn't do anything to stop people from reading. Are a lot of those people probably creepy? Honestly, yes. But we can't do anything about it, except monitor registration and moderate the forums, which we do.

Do you think we should make the forums private? Because that would just defer registration so much. I read the forums before I joined, I know of a bunch of friends who did as well, and I'm sure a whole lot of VT did as well. And I don't know if I would have joined if I couldn't read and look around first. It's an important step.

If you don't want a 50 year old perv reading your post on the internet, then I strongly urge you to not post it.
Well, I never post there so it's not really my problem but still worth mentioning. Making it private may not be such a bad idea. What you say about new members is also right though, but yeah, the pervs are still there.

When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?
-Marilyn Manson

Android? We can't be friends sorry!!!!!
-Proof Bob is a peasant

~Richelle was here~
Periphery is offline  
Old April 17th, 2016, 03:38 PM   #7
Typhlosion
Fire-type Metalhead
 
Typhlosion's Forum Picture
 
Name: Alex
Join Date: December 18, 2013
Location: Brazil!
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: P101 Archives

Honestly, I don't think that the majority of the people reading the Archives are creepy at all. Most of those people are probably teens that found one of the threads on a Google search. Removing the Archives would mean losing a chunk of VT's history and exposition from search engines. They may seem redundant at first, but they make a lot of sense in the long run. And for that reason, making P101 private is a horrible idea.

Formerly at your service! ^^
Ex-GD Mod

Straight / Atheist / Metalhead / Right-wing / Aspie
Likes: (1)
Typhlosion is offline  
Old April 17th, 2016, 03:43 PM   #8
ZacTheZebra
Member
 
Name: Zachary
Join Date: December 16, 2015
Location: Norwich
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion View Post
Honestly, I don't think that the majority of the people reading the Archives are creepy at all. Most of those people are probably teens that found one of the threads on a Google search. Removing the Archives would mean losing a chunk of VT's history and exposition from search engines. They may seem redundant at first, but they make a lot of sense in the long run. And for that reason, making P101 private is a horrible idea.
but VT itself has been archived on wayback machine and on the website itself

Here is a brilliant example of why P101 Archives should be private Click here to see why

-merged double post. -Emerald Dream


PM me/14/UK
"Whats the point in living? Because if you don't your missing out, do you want to miss out?"

Last edited by azure moonstone; April 17th, 2016 at 03:49 PM. Reason: double
ZacTheZebra is offline  
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:29 PM   #9
Endeavour
Global Moderator
 
Endeavour's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 27, 2015
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: P101 Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacTheZebra View Post
but VT itself has been archived on wayback machine and on the website itself

Here is a brilliant example of why P101 Archives should be private Click here to see why

-merged double post. -Emerald Dream
I don't really get your point. If you're saying they should be private because of the inappropriate-ness that goes on there, well it's not like we can tell who the OP is; we can't tell who anyone is on here, it's all anonymous on here unless you choose to give out your details.

As Val has said above I think people might get turned away if there are more locked forums.



Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM[email protected]
Visit: Path to the HorizonAsk Me Anything
Endeavour is online now  
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:31 PM   #10
ZacTheZebra
Member
 
Name: Zachary
Join Date: December 16, 2015
Location: Norwich
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: P101 Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventitious View Post
I don't really get your point. If you're saying they should be private because of the inappropriate-ness that goes on there, well it's not like we can tell who the OP is; we can't tell who anyone is on here, it's all anonymous on here unless you choose to give out your details.

As Val has said above I think people might get turned away if there are more locked forums.
i was just trying to get at why the inappropriate posts aren't privated so only mods can see them but if they are just old posts then thats different


PM me/14/UK
"Whats the point in living? Because if you don't your missing out, do you want to miss out?"
ZacTheZebra is offline  
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:34 PM   #11
Endeavour
Global Moderator
 
Endeavour's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 27, 2015
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: P101 Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacTheZebra View Post
i was just trying to get at why the inappropriate posts aren't privated so only mods can see them but if they are just old posts then thats different
Ok maybe then, but putting all the bumped/inappropriate threads in one place, it moves them away from the main forums. Also it could provide 'examples' of what not to post.



Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM[email protected]
Visit: Path to the HorizonAsk Me Anything
Endeavour is online now  
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:37 PM   #12
ZacTheZebra
Member
 
Name: Zachary
Join Date: December 16, 2015
Location: Norwich
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: P101 Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventitious View Post
Ok maybe then, but putting all the bumped/inappropriate threads in one place, it moves them away from the main forums. Also it could provide 'examples' of what not to post.

Actually, that is a very valid point i guess that ends the thread can mods lock it now thnks guys!!


@Emerald Dream


PM me/14/UK
"Whats the point in living? Because if you don't your missing out, do you want to miss out?"
ZacTheZebra is offline  
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:38 PM   #13
azure moonstone
glowing
 
azure moonstone's Forum Picture
 
Name: Allison
Join Date: November 8, 2012
Location: The Crystal Castle
Gender: Cisgender Female
Blog Entries: 21
Default Re: P101 Archives

Locked at OP request.
azure moonstone is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org