Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 16th, 2016, 01:49 PM   #1
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Body odah Man's Forum Picture

Default Sudden fits of rage and irrationality.

Recently I've been diagnosed with a psychosis and put on anti psychotic meds. Lately I've been having moments where I get so angry for no reason and feel like hurting people that love me and whom I love. Furthermore I suddenly do VERY irrational things (e.g. buying stuff with IRL cash for an online game then giving it all away, destroying the things I love). Anyone got any tips for dealing with this shit?

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Body odah Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 02:09 PM   #2
ZacTheZebra

Name: Zachary
Default Re: Sudden fits of rage and irrationality.

Maybe try controlled release i dont know if that might work ?

PM me/14/UK
"Whats the point in living? Because if you don't your missing out, do you want to miss out?"
ZacTheZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:08 AM   #3
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacTheZebra View Post
Maybe try controlled release i dont know if that might work ?
Meaning?

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:11 AM   #4
ZacTheZebra

where you release all your anger at once on a specific thing

PM me/14/UK
"Whats the point in living? Because if you don't your missing out, do you want to miss out?"
Old April 17th, 2016, 07:35 AM   #5
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
where you release all your anger at once on a specific thing
I've tried but that just makes me more angry and causes my rage to increase.

Old April 17th, 2016, 03:51 PM   #6
ZacTheZebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body odah Man View Post
I've tried but that just makes me more angry and causes my rage to increase.
Have you tried the white padded room you can vent there if thats what you mean and if you want something more physical try going outside and destroying plants

PM me/14/UK
Old April 19th, 2016, 12:52 PM   #7
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Have you tried the white padded room you can vent there if thats what you mean and if you want something more physical try going outside and destroying plants
I don't need to vent; I need help. Was hoping to find that here. I don't have any goals at all, all I want to do is play videogames, video games which don't fill the day, the day which is too long.

Old April 19th, 2016, 03:28 PM   #8
ZacTheZebra

Quote:
I don't need to vent; I need help. Was hoping to find that here. I don't have any goals at all, all I want to do is play videogames, video games which don't fill the day, the day which is too long.
Now I understand better you want to play video games constantly. It may not be what you want to hear but gaming constantly just isn't viable by any means. I can understand your frustration I surely do. I still don't know how to control it.

You could try changing your emotion. (e.g Anger can be changed and manipulated try turning anger into sadness and then listen to music)
This would be a useful method because your removing, your irrational thought process and turning it into something more controllable, then from there, you could listen to music to cheer you up again.[

PM me/14/UK
Old April 22nd, 2016, 09:48 PM   #9
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

@Body odah Man,

Not being able to control your emotions is a super tough situation, especially when the emotion in question is anger. Anger is really irrational most of the time and tends to be a very natural release of energy and it's the brain's reaction to some sort of angering stimuli. Some people, perhaps like yourself, don't necessarily experience a consistent stimuli, but their brain, losing control of its anger, still releases that energy in a destructive manner.

There are various ways of dealing with anger. For instance, a stress ball can be useful. Investing in a punching bag could also help. My advice is to try to find something that you can unleash all of that anger on or at least appease the feelings of anger.

You said earlier that doing that makes you feel more angry, which does complicate the situation. Perhaps some self-examination is required, then. Maybe there is a root cause for the anger. Maybe you're mad at yourself for playing video games so much? That sort of reason.

You could talk to someone like a counselor about it. I'm no trained professional, but they are. They usually have professional methods of dealing with this sort of thing.

Try meditating and looking deeper into the root cause of the anger. Just think about that for a while. Once you've done that, try thinking about the steps you can take to deal with that root cause. For instance, if video games are the problem, try slowly cutting down on the video games over time.

Hope I helped. Best of luck to you.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2016, 08:44 AM   #10
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microcosm View Post
@Body odah Man,

Not being able to control your emotions is a super tough situation, especially when the emotion in question is anger. Anger is really irrational most of the time and tends to be a very natural release of energy and it's the brain's reaction to some sort of angering stimuli. Some people, perhaps like yourself, don't necessarily experience a consistent stimuli, but their brain, losing control of its anger, still releases that energy in a destructive manner.

There are various ways of dealing with anger. For instance, a stress ball can be useful. Investing in a punching bag could also help. My advice is to try to find something that you can unleash all of that anger on or at least appease the feelings of anger.

You said earlier that doing that makes you feel more angry, which does complicate the situation. Perhaps some self-examination is required, then. Maybe there is a root cause for the anger. Maybe you're mad at yourself for playing video games so much? That sort of reason.

You could talk to someone like a counselor about it. I'm no trained professional, but they are. They usually have professional methods of dealing with this sort of thing.

Try meditating and looking deeper into the root cause of the anger. Just think about that for a while. Once you've done that, try thinking about the steps you can take to deal with that root cause. For instance, if video games are the problem, try slowly cutting down on the video games over time.

Hope I helped. Best of luck to you.
How do you meditate?
And I know why I'm angry; I have mental health issues which make me do crazy shit. I had meds but they ran out and I don't have a counselor because everything is so slow in Holland. Therefore meditating seems like a good solution

Old April 23rd, 2016, 11:25 AM   #11
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

Quote:
How do you meditate?
And I know why I'm angry; I have mental health issues which make me do crazy shit. I had meds but they ran out and I don't have a counselor because everything is so slow in Holland. Therefore meditating seems like a good solution
Yes, that all makes sense.

The best thing you can do now is to do some research on how to meditate. I can give you the basics, but research could help a lot.

Find some comfortable place to sit where you won't have to move and your spine is comfortable. Put on some headphones and some good meditation music. It can be found on YouTube. Once you're ready and you know no one is going to distract you midway through the session, close your eyes and start trying to slow your breathing. Count each breath. Try to clear your mind of all intrusive thoughts.

After a while, you should still feel very conscious of everything happening to you, but you should reach a state of pure vision into your mind. It's the perfect environment for analyzing your thoughts. So, from there, keep yourself calm and think about things like anger and the cause of it.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 12:26 AM   #12
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microcosm View Post
Yes, that all makes sense.

The best thing you can do now is to do some research on how to meditate. I can give you the basics, but research could help a lot.

Find some comfortable place to sit where you won't have to move and your spine is comfortable. Put on some headphones and some good meditation music. It can be found on YouTube. Once you're ready and you know no one is going to distract you midway through the session, close your eyes and start trying to slow your breathing. Count each breath. Try to clear your mind of all intrusive thoughts.

After a while, you should still feel very conscious of everything happening to you, but you should reach a state of pure vision into your mind. It's the perfect environment for analyzing your thoughts. So, from there, keep yourself calm and think about things like anger and the cause of it.
Aight I'll try that then, thanks

Old May 6th, 2016, 12:09 PM   #13
Xiao.Z
Member+

Xiao.Z's Forum Picture

Name: Xiao

When upset and anger I channel in workout. Adopt father have punch bag and use that for more release.
Xiao.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2016, 03:03 AM   #14
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao.Z View Post
When upset and anger I channel in workout. Adopt father have punch bag and use that for more release.
hmm good idea. Thanks Xiao

Old May 17th, 2016, 03:18 PM   #15
lemondrop
Member++

lemondrop's Forum Picture

You've mentioned video games .. Few years ago i had smth simillar , for no reason i would get very angry like a spurt of rage... And then i found out.. Well if i wasn't spending enough time on video games for two days i would get angry,but if i could hold this craving to play smth for around 4 days(no pc for 4 days) the rage would go off and i would stop thinking about pc and console

My advise would be: try to find other activities , ditch the video games also it's a big waste of time ^.^

9:54 PM [Flapjack] wait what happened?? XD
9:54 PM [The Special One] Rip
9:55 PM [lemondrop] kawaii happened
lemondrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2016, 10:14 AM   #16
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondrop View Post
You've mentioned video games .. Few years ago i had smth simillar , for no reason i would get very angry like a spurt of rage... And then i found out.. Well if i wasn't spending enough time on video games for two days i would get angry,but if i could hold this craving to play smth for around 4 days(no pc for 4 days) the rage would go off and i would stop thinking about pc and console

My advise would be: try to find other activities , ditch the video games also it's a big waste of time ^.^
I'll try that I guess. Any advice?

Old May 24th, 2016, 10:34 AM   #17
lemondrop
Member++

Quote:
I'll try that I guess. Any advice?

Some sports,but focus on that a lot,go out with friends ^.^ try to ditch RS xDD

Old May 24th, 2016, 10:54 AM   #18
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Some sports,but focus on that a lot,go out with friends ^.^ try to ditch RS xDD
I'm not into sports and my friends are all busy with university but I'll think of something

Old May 24th, 2016, 12:24 PM   #19
lemondrop
Member++

Quote:
I'm not into sports and my friends are all busy with university but I'll think of something
Well i was always bad in sports also,but things changed ^.~

Old May 24th, 2016, 12:29 PM   #20
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Well i was always bad in sports also,but things changed ^.~
really, what did you do? how'd u get better?