Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 16th, 2016, 01:27 PM   #1
ZacTheZebra

Name: Zachary
Default My future?

HEY GUYS,
so i know its been awhile since my last post months even! anyway i have no idea about my future all i know is i want to go to university can anyone help me with the whole how do i get there ?

PM me/14/UK
"Whats the point in living? Because if you don't your missing out, do you want to miss out?"
ZacTheZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 05:14 PM   #2
Vlerchan
unadulteratedReason

Vlerchan's Forum Picture

Default Re: My future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacTheZebra View Post
anyway i have no idea about my future all i know is i want to go to university can anyone help me with the whole how do i get there ?
In short and at risk of sounding obvious: get good grades and that should keep your options open.

Though I wouldn't advise attending university for the sake of attending university.

".... the result of a consistent and total substitution of lies for factual truth is not that the lie will now be accepted as truth, and truth be defamed as lie, but that the sense by which we take our bearings in the real world - and the category of truth versus falsehood is among the mental means to this end - is being destroyed ... [H.A.]"
Vlerchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 05:18 PM   #3
ZacTheZebra

Name: Zachary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan View Post
In short and at risk of sounding obvious: get good grades and that should keep your options open.

Though I wouldn't advise attending university for the sake of attending university.

Your making it sound easy ayway thanks for the advice!

PM me/14/UK
"Whats the point in living? Because if you don't your missing out, do you want to miss out?"
ZacTheZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 08:27 PM   #4
lyhom
Great Poster

lyhom's Forum Picture

you're 14 so you still have plenty of time to think about it, but generally I'd just recommending getting good grades and thinking about what kind of job you want to have.
lyhom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 11:46 PM   #5
Porpoise101
Awesome Poster

Porpoise101's Forum Picture

As others have said, good grades. I also think it's a good idea to try new things now so you can get a good idea of the things you like. Maybe get a group of friends together and do something new. When it comes time to plan out your path, you will have a better idea.

ROTW Vet. AMA.
Porpoise101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2016, 05:18 AM   #6
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

@ZacTheZebra

Zac,

You're only 14, you shouldn't really be worrying about university yet. If you haven't picked your GCSE options yet you should ideally try to keep your options in the future with a variety of subjects (I was told to do a language, humanity and then something else you enjoyed) so you can do whatever you want to do in the future.

Also as others have said getting good grades is important to progress to sixth form/college/A levels - whatever you want to do at the time.

Global Moderator

[email protected] PM
Endeavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2016, 07:22 PM   #7
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

@ZacTheZebra,

I think it's important at this stage in your life to think about what you would like to do within a very broad category of study. For instance, if you had a particularly strong interest in science, then it would be wise to try to cultivate that interest. That way, by the time you get around to picking a college, you'll have an idea of what field you enjoy and would like to go into.

Personally, I'm in the tenth grade and I am still exploring some options. I'm considering a future in careers under the broad category of English(Lawyer, Professor, Teacher, Journalist, etc.). This has given me a general idea on which I can base future, more specific career plans for my future.

Hope this advice helps.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote