Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 6th, 2016, 10:22 PM   #1
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

thatgothgirluknow's Forum Picture

Name: Jade/jordan
Default the cold hard reality of self harm and Eds

so on another ed(eating disorder) forum i was reading through today i read a post made yesterday about a boy on the site ive read quite a few post by him and he's pretty awesome but goes through allot he hasn't been doing so well recently as far as eating so yesterday he posted a thread asking for advice he had woke up feeling strange so today i read the thread again his girlfriend who also has an Ed and an account on the site had commented it turns out that he had a heart attack yesterday afternoon he is in the Icu and things are looking grim this reminds how much damage an Ed can cause it is such a sad thing when a friend is lost so many times i have gone on forums such as these and people have simply stopped posting i often wonder if they just left the site because they where tired of it or they where dead this the reality of an Ed and any form of self harm when my friends don't talk to me i wonder if there still here it's a scary thing and it reminds me how important it is to recover

u know u love the goth girl

do not live to survive but to thrive and secede

<font color=SlateGray><font size=5>BUTTERFLIES</font></font>
the rain comes before the rainbow
thatgothgirluknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2016, 11:04 AM   #2
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator

xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture

Name: Val
Default Re: the cold hard reality of self harm and Eds

Recovery is always worth it. It may not always seem like it, but it's deadly, and awful. I've found myself wondering the same things - did these people just get whisked away to treatment centers? did they just leave the site? did they get even more sick? And the sucky thing about the internet is that we don't know. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, and I hope he can pull through.

Also, this is more ED focused, so I'm going to move it there for you.
Eating Disorders

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2016, 06:04 AM   #3
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy

Yeah it's pretty awful. I remember a few years ago on this site a close friend telling me he was suicidal, but this time I could tell he was seriously in danger and I was in no position to call someone. He began having psychosis and then eventually stopped texting me. I didn't hear for him for months and so, naturally I assumed he had died which was heartbreaking. A few months later he returned though and had been in a psych ward.

It is the cold reality, but there's also the reality that almost all the people I new on this site 5 or 6 years ago, i'm still in touch with. And almost all are in recovery, or at the very least not nearly as bad as they where a few years ago.

I went out for pizza with a friend I met on here whom we both had EDs not so long ago! There really is hope x

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 01:42 PM   #4
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Body odah Man's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgothgirluknow View Post
so on another ed(eating disorder) forum i was reading through today i read a post made yesterday about a boy on the site ive read quite a few post by him and he's pretty awesome but goes through allot he hasn't been doing so well recently as far as eating so yesterday he posted a thread asking for advice he had woke up feeling strange so today i read the thread again his girlfriend who also has an Ed and an account on the site had commented it turns out that he had a heart attack yesterday afternoon he is in the Icu and things are looking grim this reminds how much damage an Ed can cause it is such a sad thing when a friend is lost so many times i have gone on forums such as these and people have simply stopped posting i often wonder if they just left the site because they where tired of it or they where dead this the reality of an Ed and any form of self harm when my friends don't talk to me i wonder if there still here it's a scary thing and it reminds me how important it is to recover
I can't imagine what that feels like. Strength my friend

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Body odah Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2016, 07:38 PM   #5
holly6

Name: Holly

Eating disorders really are horrible things. Everyone should feel comfortable in their skin and not do something that causes so much harm. I wouldn't want to lose anyone that way

yooo i'm a little piece of trash you should be my friend though !!!
holly6 is offline   Reply With Quote