Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 30th, 2016, 03:03 PM   #1
Haru-kun

Haru-kun's Forum Picture

Angry Health Anxiety/Hypochondria

I'm sure this has been brought up before on here but I didn't see anything recent about it so I figured I'd make a thread about it.

Hypochondria is pretty much my big issues with Anxiety and its horrible!

Every little pain, muscle twitch, headache, etc etc you start to wonder if there is more to it than just regular everyday stuff your body feels. It's misery and the worry completely shuts you down where you don't want to do anything but lay down and cry or.. if you're like me, lay down and looks up stuff on google about your symptoms and scare the hell out of yourself even more, and it's always the worst most deadly diease you tend to find when you look stuff up too.

I've had a headache that lasted a few weeks and had myself convinced that I had some type of brain tumor, I've had muscle twitches and felts like my arms and legs were weak and had myself convinced that I had ALS and even Multiple sclerosis.... and the that's just a couple of things that have sent me into panics.

I already take a anti-depressent/Anti anxiety pill everyday, plus I have Antivan for when I have panic attacks(thankfully not as often as I use to..).

I'm sure others out there can relate in some way to this.

<3 Tatsumi
Haru-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 09:22 AM   #2
Student of Magic

Student of Magic's Forum Picture

Default Re: Health Anxiety/Hypochondria

I don't know why, but usually when I read this kind of posts, I think that this anxiety (or whatever it is) is not a big problem, that you can get past it very easily, although I guess it's not (I think I have some sort of social anxiety and I don't find dealing with it so easy, but I want to overcome it).

Anyway, easy or not, I think it's a really good thing to remember when you imagine that you have severe diseases that all of this is only in your mind and you have control over yourself, you can change what you think. Try to resist the urge to search about your symptoms (at least for some time, idk) since what you find will probably make the situation worse, not better. And I guess you know this.
Perhaps it's a bit weird what I'll say now, but... I think that everything has a cure and that our way of thinking may really influence our treatment. Have you ever heard about the placebo effect? I reckon thinking that no matter what happens to you, you can get through it and recover from it, will help. That way, maybe you won't be so much scared (or you won't be scared at all) when those thoughts will come up again (if they will).

Never give up on your dreams (perhaps you may consider overcoming this anxiety a dream, a purpose that you want to achieve)! No matter how hard it is, you can succeed!

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt
"Nothing in this world is difficult, but thinking makes it seem so. Where there is true will, there is always a way." - Wu Cheng'en
Student of Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2016, 01:00 PM   #3
Girl876

Name: Amy
Default Re: Health Anxiety/Hypochondria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumi View Post
I'm sure this has been brought up before on here but I didn't see anything recent about it so I figured I'd make a thread about it.

Hypochondria is pretty much my big issues with Anxiety and its horrible!

Every little pain, muscle twitch, headache, etc etc you start to wonder if there is more to it than just regular everyday stuff your body feels. It's misery and the worry completely shuts you down where you don't want to do anything but lay down and cry or.. if you're like me, lay down and looks up stuff on google about your symptoms and scare the hell out of yourself even more, and it's always the worst most deadly diease you tend to find when you look stuff up too.

I've had a headache that lasted a few weeks and had myself convinced that I had some type of brain tumor, I've had muscle twitches and felts like my arms and legs were weak and had myself convinced that I had ALS and even Multiple sclerosis.... and the that's just a couple of things that have sent me into panics.

I already take a anti-depressent/Anti anxiety pill everyday, plus I have Antivan for when I have panic attacks(thankfully not as often as I use to..).

I'm sure others out there can relate in some way to this.

<3 Tatsumi
I can relate this to how I'm feeling at the moment. I've just admitted today to my parents that I may need therapy because every so often everything has become too much and I've come to the edge of a break down and started crying but today was worse as I just sobbed and sobbed. I know I can't live like this and I don't want to feel empty anymore but I still feeling like I'm over reacting and that I'm an absolute hypochondriac. What's more I feel like I'm unnecessarily worrying people and I'm scared that if there's nothing wrong with me that they'll hate me. Anyway, I totally understand, it must be horrible for you. And I think a lot of people, when they research their symptoms, they become convinced they've got a serious illness when they haven't.
Girl876 is offline   Reply With Quote