Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 27th, 2016, 04:47 AM   #1
Powerade1999

Powerade1999's Forum Picture

Default Mood downers since puberty

Stuff never really affected me as a kid, I had a lack of feelings of sadness towards things, family pet dies? I wasn't phased, however, when puberty hit, it hit me hard, it struck me down to the point I was wishing death and harm on myself, I can safely say 17 year old me doesn't wish this stuff anymore but it still hits me, like every few weeks, or few months I just fall into this pit of hating myself which I do the only thing I know how, bury myself in inappropriate material.

I should bring this up with my doctor, but honestly every time I try to I chicken out.
I find kids helpline unbearable which gives me bad ideas about councillors and other mental health workers.
Powerade1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2016, 08:40 AM   #2
Irishperson15
Nice Poster

Default Re: Mood downers since puberty

The fact you now have emotions would be done to your changing hormones and the fact you've also matured since then. However, the other stuff you mentioned could be related to stress or anxiety. It sound like you almost feel bad for bad things happening and that you are confused as to why they happen to other people and not to you. Just try and stay strong and don't let it bring you down. The fact you don't have those thoughts now all the time is good. Use your good times to ensure that it doesn't creep up on you and if it tries to, shoot it down straight away.

If i agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

Sweet dreams are made of cheese, who am I to dis a brie?

Message if you want a chat
Irishperson15 is offline   Reply With Quote