Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 19th, 2016, 05:20 AM   #1
Girl876

Name: Amy
Smile Do I have anxiety?

So, I really want to know if I have anxiety or something similar. It worries me sometimes and I desperately want to have a little certainty about what I am experiencing.

Just last week I felt like I was going to completely lose it and start crying. I felt tired and anxious. . .But then the next day I felt fine and I couldn't even remember what was wrong with me, I couldn't even imagine it. I think it had all piled up on me, having two personalities. Being happy and excited at home, then being quiet and anxious at school.

I alempty feel so, so lonely even when I am surrounded by people. I'm anxious waiting for people, sitting at the bus stop I worry if the bus will ever come. When I was a kid I used to get so anxious at my after-school club because I thought my parents would never pick me up because they would have died on the way there. I used to be very scared of being alone and would get frightened easily. I find it very difficult to talk to some people and I'm scared of what others think of me. In class when I'm saying my own opinion I heat up and start to sweat like mad. Sometimes I get so anxious for no reason. Yesterday when I was ordering a cup of tea in the canteen I could hardly stand up for the wave of panic that washed over me.

Something in me doesn't seem quite right. I daydream about me getting killed all the time. Constantly. I've felt like this for so long.

I told my dad how I was feeling a few days ago and regretted it. He thought it was just normal and I reassured him that it was because I didn't want him to worry. Now, I feel stupid. I tell myself I'm an attention-seeker because I almost want something to be wrong so I'm not unsure anymore. Now I'm just feeling sad all the time and kinda empty

Please help

Last edited by Girl876; March 19th, 2016 at 08:44 AM.
Girl876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2016, 09:51 AM   #2
Cadanance00
Awesome Poster

Cadanance00's Forum Picture

Name: Kayden
Default Re: Do I have anxiety?

I think a lot of those fears are things that other people think about sometimes, too. That may be the reason your dad said what he did. But when it bothers you like that I think you should do something. Can you ask your mom to get you some counseling. My gf takes anxiety meds and she says they work.

~Caen

"You are wise, van Helsing, for one who has not yet lived one life."
-Count Dracula
Cadanance00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2016, 10:57 AM   #3
Meron
Banned

Name: Mohamed

I believe it's paranoia or PTSD rather. Since you're constantly worried and you're always scared of things that aren't even worth it.

Try not to think about those fantasies and just stop caring too much about it. When I met my very first girlfriend I was so anxious over her yet constantly worried about if she's loyal to me or not and so on. I just had to contain myself and have faith. Try doing so.

Last edited by Meron; March 25th, 2016 at 11:02 AM.
Meron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2016, 08:03 AM   #4
Bad With Names

Bad With Names's Forum Picture

I don't know. I mean if you constantly think about someone trying to kill you then that is not normal. If this is the case you should maybe go to a psychologist. I know that has a bag stigma associated with it but they are nice people and not only crazy people go to them.
Bad With Names is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2016, 09:19 PM   #5
Caleb1998

It sounds to me like you have GAD and it also sounds like you have intrusive thoughts which is a form of OCD. I have the same thing as you (but different scenarios) and it can be really uncomfortable but I've learned to partly control it over the past few years. I wouldn't suggest taking psychotropic medication unless absolutely necessary though. Message me if you need someone to talk to about it.
Caleb1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 02:05 PM   #6
Girl876

Name: Amy

Thank you everyone so much for replying. I believe the anxiety may be induced by school because now that I'm on holiday I have relaxed and I no longer feel so depressed and anxious. On the first day of the holidays I didn't have the motivation to do anything and just wanted to lie in bed but I didn't even want to do that but I went outside (after the insistence of my parents) and I just started to cry because the world was so beautiful. I think I've relaxed a lot after that but I just hope it won't start again when I'm back at school. I don't think I'm going to go to a therapist and I'm concentrating on helping myself get better so I can tackle things easier. Thank you so much!
Girl876 is offline   Reply With Quote