Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 21st, 2016, 10:09 PM   #1
Hero.of.Hyrule
Junior Member+

Hero.of.Hyrule's Forum Picture

Name: Nick
Unhappy I can't sleep

Hi everyone.
So i don't know if something like this would fall into this catergory but this is the best place i thought it could go. Sooo for a while now i have been having a really hard time sleeping. I don't know what's causing it. But, whenever i try to go to sleep, i feel very insecure. For example: What if I didnt lock the doors all the way and someone broke into my house and killed me??!?!? So this causes my to go check the doors a million times. It's just all this small stuff but it all adds up. It is soooo stressful. I'm up all night and i really want someone to talk to when im trying to fall asleep but everyone is asleep. I want to talk to a therapist about problems i have lime this (along other things) but my parents say that i have to solve stuff like this on my own. Someone please help me!

~Anime, Video Games, TV shows~
-Always up for a chat!-
<3
Male/Gay
Hero.of.Hyrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2016, 06:42 AM   #2
Let Me Be a Pony
Banned

Name: Pebbles
Default Re: I can't sleep

What you're describing sounds like emotional stress. There's also physical stress, which can be used to battle this, but I'll talk about this in the end of the post.

It helps me if I drink coffee in the morning or during lunch(even though I may not have slept for 24 hours).
To fix this I usually go to bed at 8am, wake up at 12pm to drink some coffee and eat, and then when the night arrives I go to sleep.
It ain't easy waking up when you're already deep asleep, but a small nap is better than nothing.

Though with emotional strain it is quite different. What I suggest for you to cope with the stress is to physically dump your energy into something before dawn; for example hiking, running, push-ups, etc. When people are genuinely tired they don't tend to assess choices and thoughts properly, because of the fatigue. You can use that to your advantage.
Let Me Be a Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2016, 09:27 AM   #3
Jordan99
Member+

Jordan99's Forum Picture

Name: Jordan
Default Re: I can't sleep

Nick, of course I am no doctor but what you describe sounds like Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) "Checking the door like a million times". Does this happen every night or has this just presented itself? Do you feel safe at home? There may be something subconsciously keeping you awake.

I'd see my family doctor and tell her or him all about what you're going through. He may choose to treat you himself or may refer you to a mental health provider. Your brain could be low on serotonin in which case he or she may treat you with an SSRI or something else. I went through a bout of insomnia for a while and it got so bad I was treated with a medicine. It really helped. Good luck, J
Jordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote