Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 11th, 2016, 06:47 PM   #1
smithers

Name: jake
Thumbs down No reason to live

Yesterday I was at an all time high in life... I finally felt happy. Then everything went wrong today and I've realized that happiness is just not something I get to feel. I am start to feel like I will never truly be happy and I hate the life I live. This feeling of happiness came almost a full year after the last time I can remember truly being happy. I want to kill myself but I don't want to do that to my parents, the only two people who actually care about me. However I don't know how much longer I can go on living such an unhappy life

17--gay??--
smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 08:14 PM   #2
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan
Default Re: No reason to live

@smithers,

I think that life is just an up and down cycle of highs and lows. The trick is to get control over that cycle; however, getting control of it doesn't mean trying to prolong your happiness. You can't artificially keep yourself happy forever. What you should think about(in my opinion, keep in mind I'm no professional) is think about how you can be content with both the highs and lows of life. That way, you will be able to handle it whenever you feel sad and you won't completely loath in it whenever you feel really happy. You have to realize that pattern and what triggers different degrees of highs and lows.

I wish you all the best.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 04:01 AM   #3
amgb
Awesome Poster

Default Re: No reason to live

Hi Jake~ I believe you do get to feel happy. Just because things go wrong and everything falls apart, it doesn't mean you don't deserve to be happy. We all deserve happiness no matter what we've been through, life isn't just about trudging through the mud. Life isn't meant to be unhappy; it's supposed to test you and make you stronger through all the disappointment and the loneliness. Sometimes, it's hard to step forward. Really hard. But it is only in these steps you take that you'll be able to search for joy, and the strength to keep going. Your parents, and many other people in your life care for you and love you so dearly. Let them be your reason to stay strong. You, ultimately, are your own reason, you can drive yourself to keep on living. I want you to keep living. It's hard to believe that there's any happiness ahead, but there is. Day by day, you can be strong through it. Things will be okay~

Raise your words, not voice. It is {light} rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ― Jalaluddin Rumi

Last edited by amgb; February 12th, 2016 at 06:40 AM.
amgb is offline   Reply With Quote