Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 8th, 2016, 11:57 PM   #1
theworld

theworld's Forum Picture

Unhappy Going to a Pyschologist

I've been feeling depressed since last March (almost a year) and in the recent months it has gotten really bad. I have taken many online depression quizzes through the government or doctors, and all of them say I have severe depression. I recently decided I cannot deal with this on my own, and that I need help. I don't really want to go to a pyschologist or a therapist, but I feel like this is the right course for me. What did it do for you? I feel like I have no control over my life, and it's been really hard, and I want to seek help. Thank you

16 from Utah
theworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 12:10 AM   #2
dbfordateam

dbfordateam's Forum Picture

Name: Grant
Default Re: Going to a Pyschologist

i would suggest seeing one. Knowing many people with depression as a friend, I know to be supportive and persistent. Try to surround yourself with friends and family. My greatest advice to is live life like your dying. Knowing one person close to me who died, id take that advice and run with it. Also being aquatinted with people who died (got murdered, OD, cancer) its sad to see it pop up on Instagram. Life is so precious and I advise you to live it like there is no tomorrow, not trying to sound condescending at all. If you believe it will help than defiantly go for it. Maybe even seek out a school consular.
dbfordateam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 02:07 AM   #3
amgb
Awesome Poster

Default Re: Going to a Pyschologist

It's difficult to deal with depression on our own, I'm really glad you want to seek help~ I understand not wanting to go to a psychologist or therapist, at first I didn't really want to either. Going to a psychologist has helped me a little in working out a few things I've had troubles with, and knowing that I've still got professional help on my side even if sometimes I don't really want that help. I do urge you to at least give it a shot, especially if you feel this is the right course for you. Try a couple of sessions and see how you go. If you feel that it's not working, let your psychologist know, and I'm sure he/she will try her best to figure out something that will work for you. Don't feel afraid to speak your mind and let people know anything you're worried about okay~~

Raise your words, not voice. It is {light} rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ― Jalaluddin Rumi
amgb is offline   Reply With Quote