Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 8th, 2016, 08:18 PM   #1
CombatsAndConverse

CombatsAndConverse's Forum Picture

Name: Carly
Default Covering Scars/Makeup?

Hey so I have a dance coming up (stupid JROTC thing, required and counts for an actual grade, all that jazz). I usually wouldn't be looking forward to going, especially since my mental health has taken quite a bit of a dip recently, but...I don't know. I'm going over to a friends house to get ready, we're getting dresses together, basically, I'm actually kind of not dreading it and maybe even looking forward to it? I mean, I figure I need some fun right now, and I'm actually starting to get a bit excited.

The only thing is...I have some recent red scars on my arms. I'm wearing a black sleeveless dres, so...Yeah. I was wondering if anyone had any semi-decent ways of covering up scars so that I don't have to be so anxious about people seeing them that it ruins my night? People have already started to talk at school and such and are starting to get suspicious, so I'd like to avoid having to worry too much about it at the dance, if I can.

She/her-14-bi- Message me whenever, I could always use a distraction

~Sing it out for the ones that'll hate your guts~
CombatsAndConverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 08:29 PM   #2
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Default Re: Covering Scars/Makeup?

You should start using scar-reducing creams, including things like petrolatum or vitamin C. There's plenty of concealer and skin-toned makeup that you could put on that will cover it temporarily the day of. When you're putting the make up on, use a cotton swab or those makeup brushes to make sure it applies evenly on your skin. Also, be careful that your clothing doesn't rub along where the makeup is applied, it might smudge and leave makeup on your dress. Hope this helps and good luck

"The head may err, but never the blood."
FAQ | Catch me here | Email
Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTom View Post
so if he pulls these shenanigans again, I'm whipping out the long dick of the law on him

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 11:27 PM   #3
Sheriff McGregor
VT's Poet

Sheriff McGregor's Forum Picture

I had a friend who had really deep scars. Her dad bought and made her use like an actual scar cream that helped them go away.

THESHERIFF
Visit the links below if you'd like

Sheriff McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 05:10 AM   #4
Abhorrence
Death

Abhorrence's Forum Picture

Long term, oils or creams with vitamin E in them will help them fade. I use bio-oil for mine and it actually works very well. If you're going to cover them up with makeup you could try and get a hold of tattoo concealer in your skin tone. The only issue with concealers is that it won't work if the scars are raised, it will remove the redness but obviously the raised flesh could still be slightly obvious.

Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 11:57 AM   #5
CombatsAndConverse

Thanks everyone for the help! Since the scars aren't raised, I think all of these should help quite a bit. I do have tea tree oil, which I heard from a friend of a friend works, though I'm not entirely sure if it does. You guys have already helped so much, but do you know if this is true?

Old February 9th, 2016, 12:23 PM   #6
Desuetude
---

Desuetude's Forum Picture

Name: Isaac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatsAndConverse View Post
Thanks everyone for the help! Since the scars aren't raised, I think all of these should help quite a bit. I do have tea tree oil, which I heard from a friend of a friend works, though I'm not entirely sure if it does. You guys have already helped so much, but do you know if this is true?
It depends on how bad and how recent they are. If they're very recent then using vitamin E or the likes (tea tree is meant to be decent for reducing scars) should have a decent effect. Personally I've never used tea tree, I tried bio oil but its god damn awful and did nothing for me. You might need to try a few oils out because different ones work for different people. Just see how it works for a couple weeks/months and change if necessary.

It depends how close this dance is. Oils take a lot of time to take effect but theyre a long term solution. I'd go with everyone else and find some decent concealor if you want a short term. Little tip though, match the concealor straight onto your arm, don't use the same colour you use for your face because you'll realise theyre two completely separate colours. I hope everything goes well!
Desuetude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 01:19 PM   #7
Deleted User
Legendary Member

A bit advice for everyone who says that makeup/concealer can smear or rub off? Spray a bit of hairspray on it. Instant sealer. I would not recommend ever using this method on facial makeup but in terms of covering scars, I've done it many times.

DO NOT use this method, however, or apply makeup, if the cuts are recent enough that they're still open or scabbed over. If it's just the redness and they're healed, you're good. I did this for prom and no one noticed an old scar that I had.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 05:43 PM   #8
CombatsAndConverse

Thanks guys! I don't think I'll have enough time to let the oil actually work (the dance is on the 4th), but I'll go ahead and start that for the future. Also, thanks for the advice about the hairspray, I was wondering how to keep it from rubbing off, considering my dress is a VERY dark black. These replies have helped so much!