Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 7th, 2016, 09:46 PM   #1
theawkwardteen

Default My sister's friend

So my sister has this friend (as you can see by the title.) Anyway, her friend cuts herself. And apparently she said it was b/c she thought she was gay and that no one would want her. My question is how do i encourage her to stop??
theawkwardteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 01:46 AM   #2
Sheriff McGregor
VT's Poet

Sheriff McGregor's Forum Picture

Default Re: My sister's friend

She needs to find joy in life. She needs acceptance from people. I think it's really hard to stop cutting. The only reason I stopped was because I began drinking, which could be considered worse. I think she needs to find happiness in order to stop. Happiness may mean acceptance.

THESHERIFF
Visit the links below if you'd like

Sheriff McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 01:47 AM   #3
dbfordateam

dbfordateam's Forum Picture

Name: Grant

She might need to rekindle passion. Activities or events that she was passionate about. Passion drives the human race, I think.
dbfordateam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 04:27 AM   #4
amgb
Awesome Poster

When we're feeling unwanted and unsure of ourselves, a lot of things start going downhill, and a lot of people who care will start worrying about us so much. The only thing you can do to help your sister's friend stop cutting is to encourage her. Self harm is not something that's easy to understand and come out of. Recovering may be easier for some people compared to others, but there will always be big and small difficulties in overcoming it. Ultimately it is their choice at the end of the day to choose the road of recovery and to come clean, you can only support them. Be of encouragement and support, let her know you care and you want to help. Let her know she's got your sister as a good friend of hers, she's got you, she's got family members. Encourage her to talk about things, about her sexuality and the things she's uncomfortable with, and especially about her self harm urges. She'll probably feel like she can't, or shouldn't, be talking about it. But don't give up. If she needs to vent her feelings and thoughts privately at times, perhaps ask if she's okay with keeping a personal diary?

She will be alright - I believe in that~

Raise your words, not voice. It is {light} rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ― Jalaluddin Rumi

Last edited by amgb; February 8th, 2016 at 03:38 PM.
amgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 03:35 PM   #5
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

thatgothgirluknow's Forum Picture

Name: Jade/jordan

honestly the best thing you can do is to help her feel accepted just be friend to her make sure she knows you accept her besides that she will have to heal on her own don't worry with time everything changes im sure she will be ok

u know u love the goth girl

do not live to survive but to thrive and secede

<font color=SlateGray><font size=5>BUTTERFLIES</font></font>
the rain comes before the rainbow
thatgothgirluknow is offline   Reply With Quote