Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 10th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #1
raempu
Junior Member+

raempu's Forum Picture

Exclamation Have help, not helping

I am seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist for half a year now.
I have manic depression for 4 years now, I self harm myself for 3 years.

I talk weekly to my psychologist about my problems but it's not helping..
I told the woman I hear voices in my head and that I see things that aren't there. I can't really see the differrence between reality and hallucinations or dreams.
Maybe it sounds weird but I have crazy ideas in my head about people or things that I can't tell otherwise they will get me.
People around me and my psychologist say that it's not real and it's not possible but I think it is..

Anyway, they're not really doing anything about this stuff. I'm constantly anxious and paranod. I don't want to go out of the door, because I'm scared.
But no one takes me seriously..

I'm on antidepressants for a bit more than a month now because of my anxiety and voices in my head and hallucinations but it's not helping..

Can anyone give me some advice? Or does anyone has any suggestions?
It would be very nice..
raempu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2014, 06:22 PM   #2
Hallie

Name: Hallie
Default Re: Have help, not helping

Well I think that it would be a good idea to tell them exactly how you're feeling. Tell your psychologist that it's not helping you and maybe he/she can change what he/she is doing. Also, it might just not be a good match--you and your psychologist. You may just not be right for each other. Maybe you can try getting a different psychologist. I honestly think the best thing to do in this situation is to be honest and tell them that it's not working for you, and my hope is that they can come up with a better solution.
If it makes you feel any better, I know how you feel. I have been seeing my psychologist for over a year now and it's not doing much for me--but I think that it's because this kind of help doesn't show results immediately. It takes time to change a person's state of mind. Also, if it's any consolation, I too have problems with self harm and my psychologist says that he suspects manic depression for me, so I understand your situation and if you ever want to talk about it, whether it's just to vent or you need some advice, I'll listen and try to help as best I can. Just message me
Hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2014, 06:49 PM   #3
raempu
Junior Member+

raempu's Forum Picture

Default Re: Have help, not helping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallie View Post
Well I think that it would be a good idea to tell them exactly how you're feeling. Tell your psychologist that it's not helping you and maybe he/she can change what he/she is doing. Also, it might just not be a good match--you and your psychologist. You may just not be right for each other. Maybe you can try getting a different psychologist. I honestly think the best thing to do in this situation is to be honest and tell them that it's not working for you, and my hope is that they can come up with a better solution.
If it makes you feel any better, I know how you feel. I have been seeing my psychologist for over a year now and it's not doing much for me--but I think that it's because this kind of help doesn't show results immediately. It takes time to change a person's state of mind. Also, if it's any consolation, I too have problems with self harm and my psychologist says that he suspects manic depression for me, so I understand your situation and if you ever want to talk about it, whether it's just to vent or you need some advice, I'll listen and try to help as best I can. Just message me
Thank you very much, I have an appoinment in 1 day with my pscychologist, and I'm gonna tell that it's not helping me.
It's very nice of you that I can talk to you, you can always talk to me too if you want to.
raempu is offline   Reply With Quote