Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 24th, 2016, 11:36 AM   #1
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Default Two ideas!

Firstly, notifications if your post gets liked. Like when you get a notification at the top when you have a new PM, been quoted etc. you would get one if your post has been liked.

Secondly, 'mentioning groups'. Not really sure how to word it other than that. Like when you mention a user, for example me @adventitious , you would be able to do @admin for the administrators, or @globalmods for the global mods (@Emerald Dreamand @Elysium)

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM[email protected]
Visit: Path to the HorizonAsk Me Anything
Endeavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2016, 11:40 AM   #2
azure moonstone
glowing

azure moonstone's Forum Picture

Name: Allison
Default Re: Two ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventitious View Post
Firstly, notifications if your post gets liked. Like when you get a notification at the top when you have a new PM, been quoted etc. you would get one if your post has been liked.

Secondly, 'mentioning groups'. Not really sure how to word it other than that. Like when you mention a user, for example me @adventitious , you would be able to do @admin for the administrators, or @globalmods for the global mods (@Emerald Dream and @Elysium)
You are already able to do the first - there is a checkbox for Likes notifications in the Edit Options menu in your User CP. We do realize that sometimes this becomes "unchecked" by itself, though (we're still looking into that).
azure moonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2016, 11:41 AM   #3
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

You should already be getting notifications for liked posts... Though like Allison pointed out, you may want to double check your settings.

I think that's a fair suggestion, but I don't know how mentions work and I'm not sure if they could be made to work that way. Besides, there are so few of us, it's not that much of an extra hassle just to type our usernames out.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2016, 11:43 AM   #4
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Dream View Post
You are already able to do the first - there is a checkbox for Likes notifications in the Edit Options menu in your User CP. We do realize that sometimes this becomes "unchecked" by itself, though (we're still looking into that).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
You should already be getting notifications for liked posts... Though like Allison pointed out, you may want to double check your settings.

I think that's a fair suggestion, but I don't know how mentions work and I'm not sure if they could be made to work that way. Besides, there are so few of us, it's not that much of an extra hassle just to type our usernames out.
thank you both
Just spotted that in user cp. I've never unchecked it so i don't know why they haven't been coming through

Global Moderator

Old January 24th, 2016, 06:14 PM   #5
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator

xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture

Name: Val

As Ali said, sometimes it just glitches itself and comes unchecked. We are looking into why though.

As far as the mentioning thing, I don't think that's possible, as usergroups and usernames are completely different. There's not that many of us, tagging us isn't /that/ hard. It's an interesting idea, but one that I don't think is possible.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2016, 02:48 PM   #6
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXl0sth0peXx View Post
As Ali said, sometimes it just glitches itself and comes unchecked. We are looking into why though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Dream View Post
Aye. Went into by settings. Checked the 'notification for likes' button. Pressed save. Went back into settings. Box was unchecked

Global Moderator