Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 1st, 2016, 06:00 PM   #1
StoppingTom
Great Poster

StoppingTom's Forum Picture

Name: Tom
Default Roll 2 Dodge: An Easy RPG!

So, with the interest in RPG's here such as D&D, I thought it'd be fun to introduce VT to a fun game I used to play on another forum.

What is Roll 2 Dodge?

Roll 2 Dodge is a simple RPG game. R2D campaigns are usually short in comparison to D&D Campaigns, but require little to no focus on modifiers (except for items), initiatives, leveling abilities, etc.

How do I play Roll 2 Dodge?

If you want to perform an action, you simply post it. Once all the participants have posted (or a reasonable amount of time has passed), the DM (me) will roll a d20, take into account your item modifiers, and post the results based on your roll.

How do the rolls work?

I determine the effect of your rolls by dividing them into tiers, such as:
*Rolling a 1: Your roll has completely failed, and backfired in some way.
*Rolling a 2-5: Your roll fails, but no negative effects come of it.
*Rolling a 6-10: Your roll doesn't work out as planned, but you may have gained something from it.
*Rolling a 11-15: Your roll succeeds.
*Rolling a 16-20: Your roll succeeds, and you get a positive bonus.
*Rolling 20+: Your roll succeeds, but a second dice is rolled for each +5 modifier you have, and a negative roll(s) has horrible consequences.

Why does a second dice get rolled for 20+?

I want to discourage players from hoarding positive modifier items.

How can I register for this?

Depending on level of interest, I may have to limit the amount of people playing. To register, simply fill out this form:

Quote:
Name:
Race (Human, Elf, Orc, Half-Beast (specify what your other half is) Warforged):
Backstory:
Starting Place:
Inventory (5 items):
When making your roll, PLEASE include your inventory so I don't have to backtrack and see if you have modifiers. All characters start out with 100 HP, and 100 Gold.

What are the Starting Places?

This first R2D takes place in a Fantasy Setting, and it's up to you to create your own story! There is no clear BBE you all must band against. All players can choose their own path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starting Places
Hjaalrim: A small, quaint village out in the country, your basic Pallet Town or Riverwood.

Stahl: A big bustling city, full of dirt poor, and obscenely rich. A good place for a criminal. Or someone looking to destroy them.

Valen Forest: It's more of a jungle, really. Full of nasty wildlife and extreme weather.

Gaius Infernus: The mountain range of the South, nothing grows here, and spewing volcanoes deposit murky soot and scorching lava around the dead valleys around it, known as the Ashlands.
There are more places, but these are your starting places.

What are the races for?

Mostly for your enjoyment, really. There are no racial benefits, and you don't need to be a certain race to fulfill whatever role it is you want your character to be. Half-Beasts are half human, half creature, and Warforged are automatons blessed by divine magic to achieve sentience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieties
*Sol Invictus: The Supreme Sun, stands for all that is pure and His presence burns away the undead and impure.
*Razihel: Seekers of knowledge pray to him for guidance and discerning the transmundane.
*Azrael: God of Death. His followers know all things come to an end, whether they are ready or not.
*Matariel: She controls the weather, sailors pray to Her for safe travels.
*Simikiel: Those who seek revenge make a deal with Her. An eye for an eye and all that.
*Israfel: Merchants and singers alike look for his blessing when using honeyed words.
*Hasmed: The Bringer of the End. When the balance of good and evil is thrown off, he unleashes literal hell on earth in order to cleanse the world and start anew.
Dieties are gods you can pray to for guidance in one of your rolls, and following their wishes may gain their favor.

General Discussions Mod~ If you need me for whatever reason: [email protected]
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ makin my way downtown ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Want to join a simple and fun RPG? Join here!

Last edited by StoppingTom; February 9th, 2016 at 03:47 PM.
StoppingTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 10:35 PM   #2
StoppingTom
Great Poster

Default Re: Roll 2 Dodge: An Easy RPG!

Like, a billion threads already buried this, whoa. O.o

This will be my only double post, just so people can see!

Old January 2nd, 2016, 12:38 AM   #3
DriveAlive
Great Poster

DriveAlive's Forum Picture

I wanna play!!!

Name: IDK how to name these. Suggestions?
Race (Human, Elf, Orc, Half-Beast (specify what your other half is): Human
Appearance: Tall and strong (aprox 6'3" to 6'5" and 200-220 pounds).
Backstory: He grew up in a wealthy family and is an investor in local business
Starting Place: Stahl
Inventory (5 items): IDK what I can have...

19 | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Republican

Majoring in Biochemistry

Here is my AMA thread, please ask me anything!
http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh....php?t=2030289
DriveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 12:40 AM   #4
StoppingTom
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveAlive View Post
I wanna play!!!

Name: IDK how to name these. Suggestions?
Race (Human, Elf, Orc, Half-Beast (specify what your other half is): Human
Appearance: Tall and strong (aprox 6'3" to 6'5" and 200-220 pounds).
Backstory: He grew up in a wealthy family and is an investor in local business
Inventory (5 items): IDK what I can have...
Your name can be any name you want, it doesn't have to be anything "fantasy" sounding per se, and your items can be anything! I recommend at least one weapon though!

Old January 2nd, 2016, 12:42 AM   #5
DriveAlive
Great Poster

DriveAlive's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by aEON View Post
Your name can be any name you want, it doesn't have to be anything "fantasy" sounding per se, and your items can be anything! I recommend at least one weapon though!
Is there a time period these are supposed to fit in? What are some rules/guidelines regarding the items and the world in which the characters are occupying?

19 | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Republican

Majoring in Biochemistry

Here is my AMA thread, please ask me anything!
http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh....php?t=2030289
DriveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 01:25 AM   #6
StoppingTom
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveAlive View Post
Is there a time period these are supposed to fit in? What are some rules/guidelines regarding the items and the world in which the characters are occupying?
This is a fantasy, medieval-esque time, but liberties such as proto-type guns are allowed! As far as limits on items, it can be anything that you can reasonably carry on your person, and not obviously-broken stuff like "The Enchanted Sword of Killing Everything Instantly"

Old January 11th, 2016, 07:49 AM   #7
Remora
Awesome Poster

Remora's Forum Picture

Name: Simon

Quote:
-snip-
My character is, appropriately, named Jem.

They are currently 16 years old.

They are a Half-Beast- an anthropomorphic fennec fox.

They do not have a very strong gender identity, but are technically male.

They are a rather slender individual, standing at about 6'2, but with a thin body. They usually wear just ragged trousers woven out of fibers they'd gotten their paws on in the forest, leaving their flat chest and stomach exposed. their fur is mainly beige, with some parts like their belly being a certain shade of ivory instead. A rather bushy and large tail, about 3/4th of their legs’ length, usually sways from side to side as the optimistic fox strolls between the trees. their digitigrade hind-legs surprisingly do have some muscle on them. their arms aren’t quite noodles either, but there’s no visible muscle there. they have medium-length hair, colored a mix of the colors lavender and cotton candy pink. It wraps itself around their oversized ears, curling back around the bottom. They have generous bangs. They also have three earrings in their left ear, colored black, gold and gold again.

The half-beast is not exactly certain how it came to be. All it knows is that it woke up in a cave in the middle of the Valen Forest when it was about eight years old. Tt had quickly crawled towards the light, and it wasn't until it was outside that it realized it could stand, and it wasn't until it stood up that it realized he could walk; it wasn't until it had walked around for a bit that it realized that it had paws, and that it could use these paws to forage berries, to dig up roots. A chain of events happened and Jem quickly learned the basic functions of its body. It had learnt how to build a humble abode to live in- small, cozy, protecting it from the cold and the weather. It had learnt how to prepare the food he ate, and how to combine several foods, into one, more delicious food. It had learnt how to use the forest to his advantage- it had learnt how to sneak up on rodents, and it had learnt how to pounce onto the small, feral animals to kill them near-instantly and use them in its food. It had learnt how to craft clothing and other utensils, how to carve from wood, how to keep its home in good condition- but one thing it has not yet learned is how to speak.

They still lives in the Valen Forest today.

They currently possess two weapons and three utilities;
  • An obsidian shortsword- light, but durable and sharp.
  • A buckler enchanted to be near weightless. Jem can use it to swiftly block incoming attacks, if they are not too strong.
  • A leather shoulder guard and skirt, protecting his sword arm and upper legs while not weighing him down too much.
  • A simple, yet strong fiber rope attached to its belt.
  • A companion- a rather peculiar one at that. He is a hybrid between a koi carp and a coyote, and Jem has appropriately settled with calling him "Koiyote". He breathes air, but can quickly traverse both regular terrain and bodies of water.

As you may have noticed, i'm really excited for all this. I hope I didn't break any restrictions! ^w^

edit; you might want to try to get this moved to the Geek's Paradise. I think it's more appropriate there and it won't get drowned in posts as quickly. :3

who needs a signature with a name like this
Remora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 09:56 AM   #8
StoppingTom
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_ View Post

edit; you might want to try to get this moved to the Geek's Paradise. I think it's more appropriate there and it won't get drowned in posts as quickly. :3
I was thinking about that, my main reason for not doing so was that there are usually a lot of posts in this kind of thread, and I didn't want to artificially inflate people's post count.

However, if that's fine with a mod, could you please move this thread then?

And thanks for applying~*

Old January 18th, 2016, 09:15 AM   #9
Pat the Bunny
Member++

Pat the Bunny's Forum Picture

Name: fatherstretchmyhands

Late but if others are still in I'm too.

Name: Hakil
Age: Elf half is 24, Beast half is 254 (if this is against the rules make them both 24)
Race (Human, Elf, Orc, Half-Beast (specify what your other half is) Warforged): Half Beast Half Elf.
Appearance: The beast is a gargoyle like rainbow creature, with two arms and a wing (just one). The elf is a stereotypical blond slender bow wielding elf.
Backstory: The elf used to be a beast hunter, but then some magician fused them together to practice his magic skills after which the elf killed him and stole his bow.
Starting Place: The treehut
Inventory (5 items):

16, i'd love if you pm me though i admittedly can be a very slow replier
http://www.last.fm/user/Ro-may-o
mashin taters like i mash my haters
Dear diary, I really hope people will visit my diary
Pat the Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2016, 10:19 AM   #10
Hudor
Awesome Poster

Hudor's Forum Picture

Name: Aditya
Location: On the only human-friendly planet in the Milky Way galaxy

Quote:
I was thinking about that, my main reason for not doing so was that there are usually a lot of posts in this kind of thread, and I didn't want to artificially inflate people's post count.

However, if that's fine with a mod, could you please move this thread then?

And thanks for applying~*
I don't think posts in diaries add to the post count. You could confirm with the mods though..

Kudos to The Riddler(Siobhan) for creating the awesome signature!
Hudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 06:29 PM   #11
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Emerald Dream's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

VT Arcade Through the Fieri and Flames (requested)
Emerald Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 06:47 PM   #12
StoppingTom
Great Poster

bless u alli

@DriveAlive @Jem_ @Pat the Bunny @Hudor thread has been moved! I'll wait just a little bit longer, then we'll get started!

Old February 5th, 2016, 08:47 PM   #13
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

@aEON

Name: Mattea

Race (Human, Elf, Orc, Half-Beast (specify what your other half is) Warforged): Elf (wood elf af)

Appearance: Average height (for their age; about 5'4"), bright amber eyes, and pale brown skin. She has whitish-gold markings tattooed along her arms, neck, and legs. Often, she changes her hair style, but typically wears it in a shaved, mohawk style; a typical wear in her family. Two gold piercings are on her right ear and three on her left. She usually wears simple clothes; a long shirt, vest and pants, but changes it around every so often.

Backstory: Mattea grew up in a small village in between Hjaalrim and Valen Forest. She was an only child, slightly disappointed to her father (as he wanted a son), and grew up constantly trying to impress and prove herself to her dad. As she grew older, her father saw potential in her, and taught her the ways of the bow in the outskirts of Valen Forest. The two grew close and even during the times she spent with her mother, they never drifted apart. She grew older and stronger, but as she did, her parents grew older and weaker. Her father, now positive she could take care of herself, sent her off on her own path, not wanting her to get caught up at home trying to take care of them. Before she had left, her father sat her down and retold their family and elven history, marking her skin as he did so. He bestowed a family heirloom, a wooden bow and quiver, as well as an amulet to guide her to good judgement, and let her on her way. She's been on the road since, seen many towns and cities, but has recently taken to staying in Stahl.

Inventory (5 items): -A traditional wooden bow, bounded with strips of leather and marked with whitish-gold colors, with a quiver full of arrows (if those are 2 separate items, then separate them)
-A poorly drawn map that she's done of the places she has traveled
-A leather journal
-A stone hunting knife
-An amulet of Razihel she keeps wrapped around her bicep (again, if arrows + bow are counted separate then just put this to appearance)

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2016, 12:16 AM   #14
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Name: Errinaya

Race (Human, Elf, Orc, Half-Beast (specify what your other half is) Warforged): Human

Appearance: She is about 5'7" and right at 100lbs. Medium length blond hair which is usually pulled back, and bright green eyes. She usually wears a black cloak with green lining, and her dagger on her hip.

Backstory: Errinaya has been a thief for most of her teen years, being forced to live this lifestyle in order to survive. She and her younger sister Mistaya fled their small village when it was attacked by barbarians, and their parents were murdered. They traveled to various towns and cities looking for a new home, but general distrust of any outsider has led them to keep moving and fending for themselves...becoming thieves. Upon arrival in Stahl, they were separated in the marketplace - and Mistaya has gone missing, vanishing without leaving a trace behind.

Inventory (5 items):
- an emerald studded dagger, which mysteriously deserted its owner and found her hand during a fight.
- a set of lockpicks
- a bag of salt
- a crystal triangle pendant, that can glow to give light in the darkness
- a small crowbar
Old February 6th, 2016, 08:06 AM   #15
Chapperz16
Member++

Chapperz16's Forum Picture

Name: Josh

Name: Jax

Race: Human

Appearance: Jax is around 5ft 11, spiky black hair and is relatively skinny. He usually demonstrates his wealth by wearing the most elaborate clothes in society. Whether that by gold lace and silver or blue and cyan robes, it suits his needs. However for his 'work' he covers himself in a dark robe and a red veil. A flask of black-root poison and dragon-hilt dagger lay at his left hip.

Backstory: Jax has been a member of the aristocracy since birth due to his parents wealth as great landowners and their connections to the crown. However disaster befall his family when a competitive family hired mere killers to remove Jax's family from the picture. With his parents dead and his land stolen in blood, Jax removed himself from society and became a common thief much like Errinaya whose reputation had exceeded her expectations. Whilst his life was fairly profitable, it was not for him and by mere coincedance of perhaps fate that he tried to steal of a member of the Ark. An organisation of assassins, they took Jax in and trained him in the ways of stealth and discretion. Put back into society under the cover of a rich son of a foreign family, Jax began to hunt down those who conspired against him and his family, stopping at nothing until revenge was fulfilled.

Inventory (5 items):
- A flask of black-root poison, lethal upon entry to the body and one of the poisons which are untreatable.
- A dragon-hilt dagger with ornate traditional symbols of the Ark
- A lockpick
- A gold coin
- Identification papers with Jax's cover

Feel free to PM me, interested in meeting new people-16/bi
Chapperz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2016, 10:34 AM   #16
StoppingTom
Great Poster

Alright, we're starting!

@DriveAlive you start your day going around the Stahl market district, checking in with your businesses to see what profits you've made from the day before. Everything seems satisfactory, until you talk to the gunsmith you've invested in. He says, "Sir, last night, after I closed up shop, it seems someone broke in and stole various parts and money.I've already contacted the guard!" What do you do?

@Jem_ You awaken deep within the Valen forest with your companion, stretching out from a fitful night of sleep. Looking around you, you notice that the forest is eerily silent for a place usually bustling with wildlife. Koiyote whines lowly, and you see that out in the distance, great plumes of smoke rising from the distance. What do you do?

@Pat the Bunny Another day of torture begins, as you and the Beast work in tandem to stand up in your meager hut. We're out of food you think to yourself, Hunt them down! Kill them and eat them! the Beast groans in reply. Usually the conversations between you two are more contentious, but perhaps the Beast is being cooperative today. You two lumber towards your bow, and set out into the forest. Despite your intense knowledge of the area, you cannot seem to find a single creature. Before long, a piercing scream cuts the air. What do you do?

@The F.M Mars After several days on the road, beat up and tired, you finally arrive at the front gate of Stahl. Before entering, the city guard steps up, and looks down at your diminutive form. "Oi, kid, where are your parents? You'd fink a kid as dirty as you would 'ave a mother lookin to clean you up or somefin..." he trails off, noticing your Elvish features, before his face spreads into a wide grin. "Well, looks like we've got ourselves a pointy-ears! Well, tell you what, you want to get into the city, you've gotta pay our visitor tax." What do you do?

@Emerald Dream Another day on the streets, another day looking for a trace of your sister. You know in the back of your head it'll be in vain, but you refuse to give up. You make your usual rounds around where you last saw her, but today is different. "There she is!" you hear someone yell behind you. You turn around, and see that aristocrat you mugged blind the other day, pointing accusingly at you, with two city guard at her sides. What do you do?

@Chapperz16 You slam your fist on the table, "One last time, have you seen this guy, or not?" you say through clenched teeth to the rough looking man sitting across from you. In your other hand is a poster of your next target, and you are currently in the process of interrogating one of the nastiest dives in all of Stahl. "Maybe I have, maybe I haven't" the man replies, a smug grin on his thin lips. "Listen" you say, pulling out your dagger, "If you don't want a few more scars on that mug of yours, you better give me answers." At this, the rest of the bars patrons stand up, and glare at you. The barkeep, pitying you, says "Listen kid, you better get the bloody hell outta here, and don't fink o'showin your face around here again." You land hard on your ass as you are thrown out of the bar, and you stand up, looking where to go next. What do you do?

PLEASE POST YOUR INVENTORIES IN YOUR ANSWERS SO I DON'T HAVE TO BACKTRACK TO SEE WHAT ITEMS YOU HAVE

Old February 6th, 2016, 10:40 AM   #17
Chapperz16
Member++

Chapperz16's Forum Picture

Name: Josh

No one messes with me, using the skills I have learnt, I climb the outer wall of the pub and silently drop through the side window. Un-noticed I make my way to the barman and quickly and discretely slip a drop of black-root poison into his drink. I quickly make my escape and wait outside for my target to leave the pub, dagger in hand.. I have a dragon-hilted dagger, flask of black-root poison, lockpick, formal identification papers for his fake identity and a single gold coin.

Feel free to PM me, interested in meeting new people-16/bi
Chapperz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2016, 10:44 AM   #18
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

"After several days on the road, beat up and tired, you finally arrive at the front gate of Stahl. Before entering, the city guard steps up, and looks down at your diminutive form. "Oi, kid, where are your parents? You'd fink a kid as dirty as you would 'ave a mother lookin to clean you up or somefin..." he trails off, noticing your Elvish features, before his face spreads into a wide grin. "Well, looks like we've got ourselves a pointy-ears! Well, tell you what, you want to get into the city, you've gotta pay our visitor tax." What do you do?"

Look at him accusingly and cross my arms. "You're joking. This is a scam. You're only doing this because I'm an elf!" I take a step back and put my hands down, one near the hunting knife on my hip, and prepare for their reaction.

Inventory:
-A traditional wooden bow, bounded with strips of leather and marked with whitish-gold colors, with a quiver full of arrows
-A poorly drawn map that she's done of the places she has traveled
-A leather journal
-A stone hunting knife
-An amulet of Razihel she keeps wrapped around her bicep
@aEON

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie

Last edited by Sailor Mars; February 6th, 2016 at 10:48 AM.
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2016, 02:12 PM   #19
amgb
Awesome Poster

Mars said it was okay to join late, so here am I~ @aEON Hope this okay, also what are modifiers?~~~

Name: Sapphira

Race (Human, Elf, Orc, Half-Beast (specify what your other half is) Warforged): Elf

Appearance: Around 5'5", wears a green dress comfortable enough to run in and is hand-woven from the leaves in the trees of the Valen forest. Barefoot, and has a traditional elfen anklet around her left ankle made by skilled hands but not known who. Blue-green eyes and hair black as the night.

Backstory: Sapphira has been an orphan since she was young, but she cannot recall from what age she stopped knowing who her parents were altogether. It is not known how many siblings she has, but she wears her the anklet dearly, as it was the only thing she was wearing when she woke up naked in the forest many years ago. She did not know whether her parents were dead or not, but she is on a quest to find her kin. She had learned to hunt and make her own clothing, she had taught herself to communicate with the wild beasts she often encountered in the forest. However, she did not know her own elfen language. All alone, she sought to embark on a lifetime mission to recover her parents and siblings.

Starting Place: Valen Forest

Inventory (5 items):
Bow and arrow
A silver casket of water from a small river in the forest
2 golden gemstones discovered in a hollow trunk of an ancient Valen tree
A miniature vessel of poison from a Valen beast once defeated
A fossil-bone dagger; a fossil of an unknown creature dug up from the ground near the Valen river

Raise your words, not voice. It is {light} rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ― Jalaluddin Rumi
amgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2016, 02:22 PM   #20
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Quote:
@Emerald Dream Another day on the streets, another day looking for a trace of your sister. You know in the back of your head it'll be in vain, but you refuse to give up. You make your usual rounds around where you last saw her, but today is different. "There she is!" you hear someone yell behind you. You turn around, and see that aristocrat you mugged blind the other day, pointing accusingly at you, with two city guard at her sides. What do you do?
Well, I'm certainly not fighting three people all by myself. I doubt they can catch me through the maze of alleys and rooftops. I'm fleeing, and going full parkour a la Aladdin

Quote:
Inventory (5 items):
- an emerald studded dagger, which mysteriously deserted its owner and found her hand during a fight.
- a set of lockpicks
- a bag of salt
- a crystal triangle pendant, that can glow to give light in the darkness
- a small crowbar