Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 1st, 2016, 04:36 PM   #1
HunterDaniels
Junior Member+

HunterDaniels's Forum Picture

Name: Daniel
Default It does get better! (My story)

I know that sounds stupid or whatever but it's true that things really do get better. And what you're feeling now you won't always feel. The pain goes away.
I'm living proof because if I had succeeded with killing myself last year I wouldn't be here.

I'm gay. And I'm proud and happy to say that.
But last year at this time I wasn't proud of it. I hated myself for it and a lot of kids at my school hated me too. They were sure to tell me everyday what a little fag I was and at least once a week I got hit or beat up.
Finally I got hurt so bad by 3 kids that held me down and hit me and took turns kicking me and then took off my pants and and threw them in the pond. I had to put on my wet pants and go home to my house where no one was home. Then I did what the kids told every day to do KILL MYSELF.

I took a whole bottle of sleeping pills and some other prescription pills I found and then got into bed to fall asleep and die.
I don't remember anything after but My little brother came home and found me. I feel horrible that it was him. He called my mom at work who called 911
I woke up in the hospital feeling horrible but alive. My whole family were there and they were so confused because they found me in wet clothes, filled with pills and bloody and bruised
I had alot to talk about with them. I kept a lot from them before all this happened. That's when I told them I was gay while crying like a baby.
I seriously didn't realize how lucky I was to have the parents and family I do. I kinda took it all for granted.

The rest of the school year I was home schooled.
I started going to counseling to talk through all my problems and it actually helps! Back this past May on my 13 th bday I came out to everyone. All my friends and the rest of my family. It was easier then a thought.
This past sept I started back at regular school but this time at a new school. And I'm not gonna lie and say everything is perfect but I'm def happier than I ever was. And I think it's cuz I like myself more and I know that has to do with my therapy. There will always be kids that will make fun of me but that's okay. Cuz I like me and my Friends and family like me and that's all i care about
And those haters are easier to deal with when you're a stronger person. They smell fear and I'm not scared anymore of them or scared to be myself.

I'm not saying that your situation is the same as mine everyone is different but I just want you to know that your life is worth living. YOU are worth it! And even if you don't think so I do! So if you need someone to talk to just pm me or something. I will be here for you. Even tho I'm a stranger I care. Please don't hurt yourself. Talk to someone first.

Ps - sorry this is so long lol
And btw my name is Danny. Hello and thanks
HunterDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 10:16 PM   #2
eric2001
Nice Poster

eric2001's Forum Picture

Name: Eric
Default Re: It does get better! (My story)

I'm happy that your life is going good after all that. You deserve it. Everybody does.
eric2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 11:19 PM   #3
ashdaniel
Great Poster

ashdaniel's Forum Picture

Name: Wayne

Wow, I have heard of bully at the state but didn't know it is this bad. I use to be bully at my freshman year but I work my way out since it was private school and teacher actually do stuff. I am glad that you have a supportive family. I use to move from China to Jamaica when I was nine. Imagine the the culture shock, my family is busy and doesn't understand me. I use to think suicude is the way to end the miserable life but I work my way out. I was too scared of death and I am glad I didn't do it. I am also like you confuse and hate myself for my sexual orientation but as I get older, especially when I came to Canada. I live my dream life. I am bisrxual but I didn't come out to my family and only few friends know it. I don't think I will ever tell my family cause they are very close minded and traditional. I feel happy for you that you have a supportive family. It is true that life does get better. I also live through it.

Hi
I am Wayne.if you have any question or just want to chat feel free to pm me or add me.
ashdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 03:37 PM   #4
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy

People can be so stupid, i'm so sorry you ever had to deal with them. I know how low you have to be to try and take your own life having tried myself 4 and 5 years ago respectively, and I know how much work and perseverance it takes to get through that, so well done.

Welcome to VT Danny!

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 06:41 PM   #5
northy
Nice Poster

northy's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

People are so nasty. Words and violence mean nothing. Your story also makes me feel lucky that I am still not out to anyone and plan to stay that way until I am self-reliant.

Welcome to VT also!

I have returned!
Dan | 17 | UK | Gay
northy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 12:22 PM   #6
HunterDaniels
Junior Member+

I just realized that I say here that I'll be there for anyone that needs someone to talk to but this forum doesn't allow people to send or receive private messages right away.
So I added my email to my profile.

I think it's bad that this is a forum for teens that want to hurt or maybe even kill themselves. But if that person Wants to reach out to someone to talk one on one they can't cuz they haven't reached a post QUOTA?!
Just saying that should really change. Think about it.

Last edited by HunterDaniels; January 3rd, 2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Changing the wording to make better sense
Old January 3rd, 2016, 12:26 PM   #7
HunterDaniels
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdaniel View Post
Wow, I have heard of bully at the state but didn't know it is this bad. I use to be bully at my freshman year but I work my way out since it was private school and teacher actually do stuff. I am glad that you have a supportive family. I use to move from China to Jamaica when I was nine. Imagine the the culture shock, my family is busy and doesn't understand me. I use to think suicude is the way to end the miserable life but I work my way out. I was too scared of death and I am glad I didn't do it. I am also like you confuse and hate myself for my sexual orientation but as I get older, especially when I came to Canada. I live my dream life. I am bisrxual but I didn't come out to my family and only few friends know it. I don't think I will ever tell my family cause they are very close minded and traditional. I feel happy for you that you have a supportive family. It is true that life does get better. I also live through it.
Thanks Wayne!
And thanks for sharing your story. I think if people that are thinking about hurting themselves and they can come here and read stories about it getting better they might feel better. I hope.
Old January 3rd, 2016, 10:09 PM   #8
thatonekidjacob
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDaniels View Post
I know that sounds stupid or whatever but it's true that things really do get better. And what you're feeling now you won't always feel. The pain goes away.
I'm living proof because if I had succeeded with killing myself last year I wouldn't be here.

I'm gay. And I'm proud and happy to say that.
But last year at this time I wasn't proud of it. I hated myself for it and a lot of kids at my school hated me too. They were sure to tell me everyday what a little fag I was and at least once a week I got hit or beat up.
Finally I got hurt so bad by 3 kids that held me down and hit me and took turns kicking me and then took off my pants and and threw them in the pond. I had to put on my wet pants and go home to my house where no one was home. Then I did what the kids told every day to do KILL MYSELF.

I took a whole bottle of sleeping pills and some other prescription pills I found and then got into bed to fall asleep and die.
I don't remember anything after but My little brother came home and found me. I feel horrible that it was him. He called my mom at work who called 911
I woke up in the hospital feeling horrible but alive. My whole family were there and they were so confused because they found me in wet clothes, filled with pills and bloody and bruised
I had alot to talk about with them. I kept a lot from them before all this happened. That's when I told them I was gay while crying like a baby.
I seriously didn't realize how lucky I was to have the parents and family I do. I kinda took it all for granted.

The rest of the school year I was home schooled.
I started going to counseling to talk through all my problems and it actually helps! Back this past May on my 13 th bday I came out to everyone. All my friends and the rest of my family. It was easier then a thought.
This past sept I started back at regular school but this time at a new school. And I'm not gonna lie and say everything is perfect but I'm def happier than I ever was. And I think it's cuz I like myself more and I know that has to do with my therapy. There will always be kids that will make fun of me but that's okay. Cuz I like me and my Friends and family like me and that's all i care about
And those haters are easier to deal with when you're a stronger person. They smell fear and I'm not scared anymore of them or scared to be myself.

I'm not saying that your situation is the same as mine everyone is different but I just want you to know that your life is worth living. YOU are worth it! And even if you don't think so I do! So if you need someone to talk to just pm me or something. I will be here for you. Even tho I'm a stranger I care. Please don't hurt yourself. Talk to someone first.

Ps - sorry this is so long lol
And btw my name is Danny. Hello and thanks
OMG I love you man!!!!
thatonekidjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 10:33 PM   #9
HunterDaniels
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatonekidjacob View Post
OMG I love you man!!!!
Thanks Jacob!
Old January 3rd, 2016, 10:46 PM   #10
thatonekidjacob
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDaniels View Post
Thanks Jacob!
Keep being super awesome!
thatonekidjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 03:44 PM   #11
Plane And Simple
Good Life

Plane And Simple's Forum Picture

Happy to hear it all turned out fine in the end. It takes some courage to realise it's time to go ahead and just live, but It's definitely a very wise and just the best choice to take. Congratulations and chin up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooy View Post
Im still virgin
I'm not,math and physics f*** me every day.
Plane And Simple is offline   Reply With Quote