Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 28th, 2015, 07:27 AM   #1
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy
Default Addictions forum

I think it's become quite clear from the addictions counter posted in the alcohol, drugs and meds forum that there are quite a few of us who feel reliant on various substances.

I think it would be good if there was perhaps a forum for this in the psych ward. I know there is the alcohol, drugs and mess sub forum but talk about addictions is quite a different topic to "what was your first experience drunk", and other similar questions.

Just a thought. I think if there was an individual sub forum for it it might encourage more of a community spirit amongst those coping with the same things. Similar to what I've always found in the SH sub-forum.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2015, 07:54 PM   #2
kryptonite
Member++

Default Re: Addictions forum

I think the bigger question is why are so many young people getting drunk, then I realize the legal age in some countries is 18, so that's akin to a 19 year old USA resident getting drunk. I feel a bit concerned that some of these 16 year-olds are in the USA.

kryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2015, 11:39 AM   #3
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Default Re: Addictions forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
I think the bigger question is why are so many young people getting drunk, then I realize the legal age in some countries is 18, so that's akin to a 19 year old USA resident getting drunk. I feel a bit concerned that some of these 16 year-olds are in the USA.

Why minors drink under the legal age isn't really the question of this thread. That's a whole separate issue with many different answers. And very few have to do with geography.

That said, I don't know if really merging the topics really fits its own subcategory? People do get enough traffic and answers the way things are now without having a dedicated forum. I mean, I see nothing wrong with the idea but I also dunno if there's much reason or need to change it now.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote