Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 27th, 2015, 10:27 PM   #1
con99

con99's Forum Picture

Name: Con
Question Is this sexual assault?

Well I don't really know where to start... it was my 3 year old brother's birthday party last week and my cousin (female, 15 - let's call her S) came along. I ended up staying at her house and she brought a friend (male, 17 - let's call him B) around.

We went for a walk and my cousin went one way while me and B went another. We arranged to meet S near the entrance to a local nature reserve.

While we were waiting for S, I was quite close to B while we were talking as due to the noise, I couldn't hear him. He grabbed my arms and went to kiss me pushing his lips on mine before I restrained him (I'm a former Police Cadet.)

I know it fits the law on sexual assault in the UK (Sec 3(1) Sexual Offences Act 2003) but what do you think?

Con x

Con 16, UK, straight

None of my posts represent the opinions of my startup, our clients (both past and present) or constitute medical or legal advice of any kind.
con99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 10:38 AM   #2
Splat

Default Re: Is this sexual assault?

Crikey, did you tell your cousin?

"Can't doesn't exist until one has tried in every possible way"

Anyone wanna talk?
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 12:46 PM   #3
Shiny Moon
Member++

Shiny Moon's Forum Picture

Name: Savannah

Forced kissing is considered sexual assault, so yeah, you've been sexually assaulted.

Looking to the sky to save me

16. Bi.
Shiny Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 01:04 PM   #4
con99

con99's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Crikey, did you tell your cousin?
I did and she was like 'that's not something he'd do.' I'm annoyed as anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Moon View Post
Forced kissing is considered sexual assault, so yeah, you've been sexually assaulted.
Cheers, @Shiny Moon. X

Con 16, UK, straight

None of my posts represent the opinions of my startup, our clients (both past and present) or constitute medical or legal advice of any kind.
Old December 29th, 2015, 04:53 AM   #5
Uniquemind
VT Lover

It sucks but not much you can do, just don't be alone with him and always have you're guard up around him.

The reason I say this is you have no evidence or witnesses on your side, you're a police cadet you know where the burden of proof resides with in court.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 09:12 AM   #6
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

As @Uniquemind says being able to prove it is not going to work. It is your word against his. Is it technically sexual assault? yes technically, but c'mon man. as uncomfortable as it was and even though it was not wanted, are you going to ruin the poor guys life over one unwanted kiss? he probably does not know how to handle his feelings towards guys. I can completely understand why you are upset, you have every right to be, but just try to let it go and not be alone around him

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 02:14 PM   #7
The Byrd
Pepe

If you feel assaulted then yes it is. If it didn't really bother you too much then I wouldn't say it is

The Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 06:12 PM   #8
northy
Nice Poster

northy's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

Yes, but it would be difficult to prove in court. The system needs fixing for times like this, but also so that it can't be abused.

I have returned!
Dan | 17 | UK | Gay
northy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2015, 12:53 PM   #9
con99

con99's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
It sucks but not much you can do, just don't be alone with him and always have you're guard up around him.

The reason I say this is you have no evidence or witnesses on your side, you're a police cadet you know where the burden of proof resides with in court.
Yep - there's no ideal solution in terms of the law, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethfromMI View Post
As @Uniquemind says being able to prove it is not going to work. It is your word against his. Is it technically sexual assault? yes technically, but c'mon man. as uncomfortable as it was and even though it was not wanted, are you going to ruin the poor guys life over one unwanted kiss? he probably does not know how to handle his feelings towards guys. I can completely understand why you are upset, you have every right to be, but just try to let it go and not be alone around him
I get you, I'm just going to stay away from him for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caw Caw View Post
If you feel assaulted then yes it is. If it didn't really bother you too much then I wouldn't say it is
It just didn't feel right - I'm just not used to that sort of thing; don't get me wrong, I'm all for equal rights but it just didn't seem right for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northy View Post
Yes, but it would be difficult to prove in court. The system needs fixing for times like this, but also so that it can't be abused.
There's no ideal solution, I s'pose.

Con 16, UK, straight