Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 19th, 2015, 03:58 AM   #1
CupcakeLuv101

Default Hiding inside the bathroom stall

So I guess I have this bad habit of whenever I'm alone at school I tend to hide inside the bathroom stall. Such as at school when I'm waiting for class for start and I don't see any one of my friends I usually go to the bathroom and go inside the stall and just stand there... I don't know why, I just don't want to be seen alone because I don't want people in my school to think I'm a loner and don't have friends so I just want to avoid any possible awkward situation so that's pretty much what I do.

Or if it's lunch period and none of my friends are at school I go to the bathroom stall and stand there for a whole hour while using my phone and hearing people come and go and use the bathroom and all that. On those days, I don't even bother to eat my lunch. I don't want to have to sit by myself and eat by myself and everyone will see me being alone and it's ridiculously embarrassing. I just wait until I get home to eat if I ever end up in a situation like this.

I know that it shouldn't be a problem just sitting in the hallway by yourself. Or I could also go to the library and sit in one of those cubicle desks that they have but that is also embarrassing as those people who go there during lunch period are perceived as "losers" or people who don't have friends and I don't want to be one of those people.

I'm really tired of having to go to the bathroom all the time just to hide and avoid awkward loneliness. I go to the bathroom probably like 5 times a day at school and I pretend to use the bathroom but I really just stand there..... and hide
CupcakeLuv101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2015, 05:42 PM   #2
Dagoth Ur

Dagoth Ur's Forum Picture

Name: Al
Default Re: Hiding inside the bathroom stall

Just because your friends are not present doesn't mean you have to hide. You should try and just talk to peeps you don't know, and who knows maybe you could make a new friend or two.

The main thing is to be self confident, and be yourself. Don't label yourself as a "loner" just because you don't know somebody. Hiding will never solve being a loner even if you were one so.
Dagoth Ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 04:14 PM   #3
PhandomMember

PhandomMember's Forum Picture

You don't have to feel this way. Even if your friends are not there at the moment, try talking to some new people. The more friends you have, the less you will feel this way.

Please subscribe to danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil on YouTube!
PhandomMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 05:02 PM   #4
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

@CupcakeLuv101,

I suggest working privately at home on building up your social confidence with talking to and being seen by others. Read some books and articles online about social confidence and try to step up and meet new people.

Also, next time your out, dress very nicely. Maybe a plaid shirt and make your hair look nice. Wear some nice shoes if you want. Just make sure not to overdo it(not like a suit and dress shoes for school unless you have a uniform). Dressing nicely like this really helps me personally to improve my social confidence effectively.

Basically, just try to read up on the causes for this social anxiety and practice methods of fixing it by talking to others and interacting with others.

Edit: Just realized that the clothing suggestions I gave were perhaps more suited towards men's clothing. You get the idea, though.

Last edited by Microcosm; January 10th, 2016 at 10:12 PM.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2015, 07:48 PM   #5
xXoblivionXx
Awkward Taco :3

xXoblivionXx's Forum Picture

sometimes when I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack I hide in the bathroom stalls too
xXoblivionXx is offline   Reply With Quote