Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 4th, 2015, 05:15 PM   #1
Cheaspeake297

Unhappy My life is on the edge of falling apart

I have a mom and a dad. My dad works in Africa all by himself my mom is taking care of me and my sister. My mom expects me that I work hard just like all other smart people at my school. The problem is I'm a procrastinator and my mom have a bad temper. Let me skip to the point. the point is that if I'm a lazy person I have to live with my father so my mom would be at peace. And right now this is the same issue over and over again. I do not want to live in Africa because the living conditions is unsanitary. Sadly right now I'm going to Africa. My mom phoned my dad and he said to me that my life is over. And the last moment before I hung up he told me to "fuck off" And you know how I feel? I die a little inside. I was going to go to social services so I can live over there and get rid of my family. But I don't know how. Please could anyone give me advice how to resolve this issue? I love my parents but I'm afraid that I will go there if there is no resolution to this problem.

P.s. My parents are Asian. Yes Asian parents are stereotypical.
Cheaspeake297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 05:54 PM   #2
Judean Zealot
Awesome Poster

Judean Zealot's Forum Picture

Name: Cato
Default Re: My life is on the edge of falling apart

Is it possible for you to pick up on your school work and get another chance?

"Absolute tolerance is altogether impossible; the allegedly absolute tolerance turns into ferocious hatred of those who have stated clearly and most forcefully that there are unchangeable standards founded in the nature of man and the nature of things."
-Leo Strauss, Liberalism: Ancient and Modern
Judean Zealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 05:56 PM   #3
Porpoise101
Awesome Poster

Porpoise101's Forum Picture

I'm not good at these things but I think going to Africa is kind of cool. Of course, being forced is bad, but it's an opportunity none the less. Try to make peace with your family too. Just try to look at the brighter side of things.

17. M. ROTW Lurker. AMA.
Porpoise101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 06:32 PM   #4
Cheaspeake297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judean Zealot View Post
Is it possible for you to pick up on your school work and get another chance?
I don't think that is possible. Like I said this occurred many times so I don't think I have any chances left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porpoise101 View Post
I'm not good at these things but I think going to Africa is kind of cool. Of course, being forced is bad, but it's an opportunity none the less. Try to make peace with your family too. Just try to look at the brighter side of things.
How can I make peace with my family. Forgive me on this but I think like a computer. Also I don't see the brighter future. I visited there once and I swore that I'm not gonna go back ever again.
Old December 4th, 2015, 06:36 PM   #5
Cheaspeake297

So right now I'm currently living in my garage since I got kicked out. Cold and dark not complaining.
Old December 5th, 2015, 05:51 PM   #6
Bebdina

Bebdina's Forum Picture

Name: Dale
Question Re: My life is on the edge of falling apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaspeake297 View Post
I was going to go to social services so I can live over there and get rid of my family. But I don't know how. Please could anyone give me advice how to resolve this issue? I love my parents but I'm afraid that I will go there if there is no resolution to this problem.

P.s. My parents are Asian. Yes Asian parents are stereotypical.
Hey, I am sorry about your predicament.
Tell me something, where are you? At what age are you considered an adult? Are you sure you want to get rid of your parents? Are there any other family members that can help you?
Bebdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2015, 07:15 PM   #7
Sheilae

Name: Sheila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porpoise101 View Post
I disagree with you. I am Dutch, and if you where raised in Europe or America etc. being forced to go to Africa is a living hell. I was forced to stay there with my mother for eight freaking months, and I literally counted the days until I finally got home. It made me even more depressed to be there, and for TS: Africa won't solve your problems. It didn't solve mine, it won't solve yours either.

The only way to show your parents that you can stay at home, is to do what they ask from you. Need to clean something? Do it! You should make homework? Fucking do it! Being lazy is not an option in this world, and while I know it's easy said, I also know that it's the truth. Maybe you won't like doing the stuff you have to do, but I promise, within a month you'll get used to it. Your brain will literally get used to doing tasks, it's like forming a new habit. Don't try, DO. Because going on vacation to Africa may seem amazing, but staying there will make you drown even more.

The solution is YOU at this moment. I don't say that your peers may have too high expectations of you, but right now you can't use that because they will decide something really important. Soon enough when you're old enough you can live on your own and be free. Work hard for now, keep your head high X

Last edited by Sheilae; December 9th, 2015 at 07:18 PM.
Sheilae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2015, 09:26 PM   #8
Cheaspeake297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebdina View Post
Hey, I am sorry about your predicament.
Tell me something, where are you? At what age are you considered an adult? Are you sure you want to get rid of your parents? Are there any other family members that can help you?
Well my cousins live another state from here. Like I said I really love my parents but if I don't find a comprimise then I have no chose to get rid of them.
Old December 10th, 2015, 09:28 PM   #9
Cheaspeake297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilae View Post
I disagree with you. I am Dutch, and if you where raised in Europe or America etc. being forced to go to Africa is a living hell. I was forced to stay there with my mother for eight freaking months, and I literally counted the days until I finally got home. It made me even more depressed to be there, and for TS: Africa won't solve your problems. It didn't solve mine, it won't solve yours either.

The only way to show your parents that you can stay at home, is to do what they ask from you. Need to clean something? Do it! You should make homework? Fucking do it! Being lazy is not an option in this world, and while I know it's easy said, I also know that it's the truth. Maybe you won't like doing the stuff you have to do, but I promise, within a month you'll get used to it. Your brain will literally get used to doing tasks, it's like forming a new habit. Don't try, DO. Because going on vacation to Africa may seem amazing, but staying there will make you drown even more.

The solution is YOU at this moment. I don't say that your peers may have too high expectations of you, but right now you can't use that because they will decide something really important. Soon enough when you're old enough you can live on your own and be free. Work hard for now, keep your head high X
That has got to be some great advice. Thank you I'll do what I have to do.
Old December 10th, 2015, 11:07 PM   #10
lacey02

lacey02's Forum Picture

Name: Lacey

I hope this passes and that you can repair things with your parents. I feel for you. We have all had issues with our parents and they can say things that they later regret and feel really bad about. I know that I bother my parents quite a bit, but have not got to the point to where I want to never see them. Maybe there is a counselor at your school or church.
lacey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2015, 08:39 PM   #11
Vanilla Cupcake
Nice Poster

Vanilla Cupcake's Forum Picture

Name: Ella

All you have to do is start helping your mom, do stuff around the house that she would normally do and do it without being asked. That's what my mom says, she just wants help and wishes she didn't have to ask.
My mom says the more I do, the longer I get to stay, the less I do, then out I go when I graduate.
She is stressed with working, lack of money, and 3 kids, and when we don't help, it puts her in the worst of moods.
She's so happy when we do help, I think her favourite is an empty dishwasher and a clean kitchen.
So that's my advice. Stop procrastinating and just do what makes her happy
Vanilla Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 09:49 PM   #12
ethan-s
Member++

Name: see username

To answer your question, just call th cops.
ethan-s is offline   Reply With Quote