Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [2]

Old November 22nd, 2015, 03:46 PM   #1
kitty_

Unhappy Do I have an Anxiety Disorder?

I've been experiencing panic attacks since I was twelve and for as long as I can remember I've always felt this monster on my shoulder, of constant fear and worry. I avoid social situations with people I know and care about and sometimes get fed up of friends and my boyfriend and just want to be alone. Tiny issues play on my mind and I over analyze them into huge scenarios that will most likely never happen. From this follows an intense tiredness and restlessness at the same time where I become irritable and tearful and this typically leads into a panic attack again. I usually have them in the shower or in public toilets as I suppress them in public regularly. Just standing in a room full of people, my palms begin to sweat and I become dizzy and nauseous and this overwhelming fer sets in.

What's wrong with me? Somebody tell me I'm not alone.
kitty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2015, 04:10 AM   #2
CreativeUsername

CreativeUsername's Forum Picture

Name: Toby
Default Re: Do I have an Anxiety Disorder?

It sounds like some form of anxiety. But I'm no doctor, and can't diagnose you with anything. I'd see a doctor and get help from the experts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CreativeUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2015, 10:45 AM   #3
Deleted User
Legendary Member

You are most definitely NOT alone. I went through most of my school career like that and speaking to a doctor really does help. They'll present you with some options and you can go from there. It's hard to open up but it's even harder to live that way. I was told my entire life that I was just "nervous" or had "butterflies in my stomach". It wasn't until a lot later that I realized I was having panic attacks and that those were not normal at the frequency I was having them.

Is there anyone you can speak to? Like a family doctor or school nurse/counsellor? It might be worth taking a shot at it.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 04:12 PM   #4
PhandomMember

PhandomMember's Forum Picture

I would consider getting professional help. It seems like you do have some type of anxiety disorder, but I am no doctor. Please consider going to a doctor who can professionally diagnose you.

Please subscribe to danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil on YouTube!
PhandomMember is offline   Reply With Quote