Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 21st, 2015, 02:50 PM   #1
Osteo

Osteo's Forum Picture

Name: Daniel
Default Puberty Sections

I'm new here, but a g-mod elsewhere, so please don't take this as me being a big headed noob or anything, but your puberty section really needs to be a bit more censored.

I see people here from GovTeen that have been banned for being not who they are, and having people be able to make posts about experimenting, incestuous topics (I've already seen some "little brother and masturbation" cliche posts), etc., is a real perv magnet.
Osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2015, 04:16 PM   #2
ClaraWho
Awesome Poster

Name: Clara
Default Re: Puberty Sections

I agree there should be coopetation between forums on 'not who they are' persons.

In terms of incestuous topics, pretending it doesn't happen/banning for religious type reasons isn't an inclusive forum. Whilst they may be a perv magnet, those individuals are usually very obvious about it.

Prod the lioness, Expect the claws.

I am romantically entwined with my brother, and all that love entails.

Your inability to understand my point in no way invalidates it.

DO NOT PM ME TROLLS - I WILL NOT TELL YOU EROTIC
INCEST STORIES. Can spot trolls 100 miles off. Thank you.
ClaraWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2015, 05:19 PM   #3
Living For Love
VT Lover

Living For Love's Forum Picture

Name: Tiago

Feel free to report any posts/threads you find inappropriate and a member of the staff will handle them accordingly. (:

Tiago | ♂ | 20 | PM | VM | Ask Me | Lonely Hearts Club

Help and Advice Moderator

~Mike was here~
Living For Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2015, 09:41 PM   #4
Miscreant
Junior Member+

Miscreant's Forum Picture

I blocked that whole section. Looked like a nest of pedophiles tbh.

Miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 12:47 PM   #5
Osteo

Osteo's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraWho View Post
I agree there should be coopetation between forums on 'not who they are' persons.
I would definitely like that. I've already seen 3 people who were banned before on GovTeen posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miscreant View Post
I blocked that whole section. Looked like a nest of pedophiles tbh.
Lol yeah, only one out of every fifty posts is an actual puberty question, and not a pedo post. :p
Old November 22nd, 2015, 03:10 PM   #6
DerBear
Retired H&A Mod

DerBear's Forum Picture

Name: Derri

Hello,

Speaking as a former Help and Advice mod, I can tell you that modding puberty 101 is kind of difficult as you get a lot of borderline topics that can go either way and while I tended to be strict with the section as opposed to laissez-faire with the section. One mod might lock a topic that's borderline, while others will keep the topic open. With borderline content its okay to do that.

Now I do agree with you that as of late e.g. the last couple months, the forums do seem to be getting a little worse than normal. I do occasionally go in and look at the last couple days worth of topics and I see a lot that is kind of inappropriate, or at least I wouldn't let be around and I do report these. I haven't done it recently so I can't exactly say what the state of it looks like as of now.

I suppose maybe the reason is due to lack of mods. I can't help but notice that a section that used to have 4 or even 5 mods now only has three and while the staff are amazing and work hard, they can't be around 24/7 and always be able to check the sections.

I know that when I was a mod I cracked down a lot on content that really wasn't puberty related but I can see now that its not being done, well not being done to how I would have done it. Back when I modded I'd never really allow topics discussing experimenting with family or anything along those lines. Because quite frankly that's sick and not puberty related.

Retired Help & Advice Mod

If anyone wants to add me on PSN feel free to send me a PM.
DerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 06:21 PM   #7
Osteo

Osteo's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
Hello,

Speaking as a former Help and Advice mod, I can tell you that modding puberty 101 is kind of difficult as you get a lot of borderline topics that can go either way and while I tended to be strict with the section as opposed to laissez-faire with the section. One mod might lock a topic that's borderline, while others will keep the topic open. With borderline content its okay to do that.

Now I do agree with you that as of late e.g. the last couple months, the forums do seem to be getting a little worse than normal. I do occasionally go in and look at the last couple days worth of topics and I see a lot that is kind of inappropriate, or at least I wouldn't let be around and I do report these. I haven't done it recently so I can't exactly say what the state of it looks like as of now.

I suppose maybe the reason is due to lack of mods. I can't help but notice that a section that used to have 4 or even 5 mods now only has three and while the staff are amazing and work hard, they can't be around 24/7 and always be able to check the sections.

I know that when I was a mod I cracked down a lot on content that really wasn't puberty related but I can see now that its not being done, well not being done to how I would have done it. Back when I modded I'd never really allow topics discussing experimenting with family or anything along those lines. Because quite frankly that's sick and not puberty related.
I definitely feel your pain. It's a job that is not for all. I don't know where to see your staff members here so I didn't know you guys were under staffed

Seems like you did a very good job in your time!
Old November 24th, 2015, 02:40 AM   #8
Deleted User
Legendary Member

As another former H&A mod, I think I (and two of the current admins who modded at the same time as me, since I can't speak for anyone else's experience) can say that P101 is a very hard section to moderate. We all have lives and that section requires 24/7 attention which is basically impossible. There are a lot of topics that can have sensitive issues and some that cross a line and it's difficult to catch everything.

And Derri is right, it's hard to moderate that entire section as well as the rest of H&A with only a few mods. The three of us in my time used to joke that we were in there all the time (actually we have one of those dumb meme comics about it, yes I do remember that, Mike has it somewhere) and there are actually mod openings right now so more help will be on the way.

So I think the best thing you can do is report what you see rather than making a vague post here. I highly doubt the staff are unaware of the problem since P101 has always been a large undertaking when it comes to keeping it tidy and appropriate. The report button is always your friend and it makes the mods' jobs a lot easier. They can only see the things you're seeing if you're reporting them because there are a lot of things that slip through the cracks when you're getting home from work or class and don't have the time to comb through every single thread and post yourself.

Believe me, there are some scary things in there that the mods catch before anyone else even sees them. The rest can sometimes just slide by without even realizing it because they seem tame in comparison. If you want to do your part in helping: report the posts.

That being said, I personally only venture into that section once in a blue moon if something on the homepage catches my attention because I've seen enough of P101 to last me a lifetime and I'm pretty sure it's been three or four years since I moderated that section.

Last edited by Deleted User; November 24th, 2015 at 02:46 AM.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 04:32 AM   #9
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Body odah Man's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Widow View Post
As another former H&A mod, I think I (and two of the current admins who modded at the same time as me, since I can't speak for anyone else's experience) can say that P101 is a very hard section to moderate. We all have lives and that section requires 24/7 attention which is basically impossible. There are a lot of topics that can have sensitive issues and some that cross a line and it's difficult to catch everything.

And Derri is right, it's hard to moderate that entire section as well as the rest of H&A with only a few mods. The three of us in my time used to joke that we were in there all the time (actually we have one of those dumb meme comics about it, yes I do remember that, Mike has it somewhere) and there are actually mod openings right now so more help will be on the way.

So I think the best thing you can do is report what you see rather than making a vague post here. I highly doubt the staff are unaware of the problem since P101 has always been a large undertaking when it comes to keeping it tidy and appropriate. The report button is always your friend and it makes the mods' jobs a lot easier. They can only see the things you're seeing if you're reporting them because there are a lot of things that slip through the cracks when you're getting home from work or class and don't have the time to comb through every single thread and post yourself.

Believe me, there are some scary things in there that the mods catch before anyone else even sees them. The rest can sometimes just slide by without even realizing it because they seem tame in comparison. If you want to do your part in helping: report the posts.

That being said, I personally only venture into that section once in a blue moon if something on the homepage catches my attention because I've seen enough of P101 to last me a lifetime and I'm pretty sure it's been three or four years since I moderated that section.
I don't blame u. I've kept most of P101 hidden for ages, but before that I've seen some rlly nasty thread titles. I can only imagine the trauma all the mods must have who've modded P101

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Body odah Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 09:38 AM   #10
Cadanance00
Awesome Poster

Cadanance00's Forum Picture

Name: Kayden

When in doubt, kick 'em out.
Cadanance00 is offline   Reply With Quote