Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 13th, 2015, 05:57 AM   #1
Shiny Moon
Member++

Shiny Moon's Forum Picture

Name: Savannah
Default Liking photos and images on VMs

Hi staff,

I have thought about a couple of features that it would be nice to have.

-Being able to "like" photos on the users' albums. You know, ala Facebook. I think it's cool and many people would use it, and considering it's possible to like messages on the forum, I don't see a reason to not use it on the albums.

-Use images on visitor messages. I don't know why it's not possible, since again you can do it on the forum and over PM.

That's it

Looking to the sky to save me

17. Bi.

PM me if you're cool and want to chat
Shiny Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2015, 01:58 PM   #2
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends

Miserabilia's Forum Picture

Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Default Re: Liking photos and images on VMs

I second this.

The first one seems like a great idea, not sure about the second one though, feels like VM would get spammed/filled up pretty quick if people can just send photos.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2015, 03:19 PM   #3
azure moonstone
glowing

azure moonstone's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

I do like the first idea - don't know if there is something we can add as a mod to allow likes on album pictures, though.

I don't think sending pics through VM is a great idea, though. After 250 posts and three months, members don't have their VMs moderated by staff anymore - there a very high chance that inappropriate photos can be sent/shared and no one know about it unless its stumbled upon by a staff member, or reported by someone else. You guys do a great job of reporting things, and it's very much appreciated...but I don't know if it's worth that risk.
azure moonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2015, 03:24 PM   #4
lacey02

lacey02's Forum Picture

Name: Lacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Moon View Post
Hi staff,

I have thought about a couple of features that it would be nice to have.

-Being able to "like" photos on the users' albums. You know, ala Facebook. I think it's cool and many people would use it, and considering it's possible to like messages on the forum, I don't see a reason to not use it on the albums.

-Use images on visitor messages. I don't know why it's not possible, since again you can do it on the forum and over PM.

That's it
Great Ideas!
lacey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 06:19 AM   #5
Shiny Moon
Member++

Shiny Moon's Forum Picture

Name: Savannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Dream View Post
I don't think sending pics through VM is a great idea, though. After 250 posts and three months, members don't have their VMs moderated by staff anymore - there a very high chance that inappropriate photos can be sent/shared and no one know about it unless its stumbled upon by a staff member, or reported by someone else. You guys do a great job of reporting things, and it's very much appreciated...but I don't know if it's worth that risk.
That's a good point

Looking to the sky to save me

17. Bi.

PM me if you're cool and want to chat
Shiny Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 04:40 PM   #6
Uranus
Mah Home

Uranus's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas (Yung Merk)

I like the idea as well, but i do have to agree with Allison. Sending photos could be risky (for obvious reasons) and even though there's alot of users who could report it, how many actually will? And for the staff, which is fairly limited, who are already busy with non virtual personal things in their life, school, ect and more responsibilities on VT, it could be risky.

As one staff member told me, (or maybe I read it on a post but the point remains)
That liking posts in p101, is disabled due to pervy posts or sexualized ones where opposite genders can like said posts, which isn't contributing to VT whatsoever as this is a help site, not a hookup site. The same point can go towards photos in albums. If there's a rather sexual pic (such as a bikini) guys will probably spam the like button.

Just my opinion

#ThugLife
Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 09:26 PM   #7
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator

xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture

Name: Val

On the topic of liking images, I don't know. I see it as a no for reasons along the same lines of why it's not allowed in P101. But I also see it as something beneficial, might stop comments or some things, etc. I don't know how I feel about, and it's honestly something that would need to be discussed on a larger scale by the entire staff. HOWEVER, I don't think such mod actually exists (which is sort of surprising actually; someone can feel free to correct me on this if need be), so I don't think it's possible.

As for the photos in VMs, I think from a moderation standpoint, it's asking for a lot of trouble, and I don't have anything else to add that wasn't said above. I think Emerald Dream's post summed it up well.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote