Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 6th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #1
Hallie

Name: Hallie
Default Gym class?

So ever since I started self harming I have felt the need to cover up and hide my scars as much as possible. In the locker rooms I always take my gym clothes from my locker and then proceed to the bathroom where I can change in a stall. I've tried to go unnoticed but I don't know how many people are actually catching on--I mean, I'm also wearing jackets while running the pacer test and the mile. I don't know, it's not like anyone's saying anything, but I guess I'm just interested to know how many of you have the same problem or find this extremely irritating and somewhat terrifying like I do.
Hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 08:47 PM   #2
Seemyheart
Great Poster

Seemyheart's Forum Picture

Name: Molly
Default Re: Gym class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallie View Post
So ever since I started self harming I have felt the need to cover up and hide my scars as much as possible. In the locker rooms I always take my gym clothes from my locker and then proceed to the bathroom where I can change in a stall. I've tried to go unnoticed but I don't know how many people are actually catching on--I mean, I'm also wearing jackets while running the pacer test and the mile. I don't know, it's not like anyone's saying anything, but I guess I'm just interested to know how many of you have the same problem or find this extremely irritating and somewhat terrifying like I do.
I still do that. And it's beyond frustrating. I'm always worried someone will see, thankfully it's cold here so wearing jackets all the time is normal and nobody thinks twice about it. When spring and summer come around, I'm not sure what I'll do.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning how to dance in the rain"
"Grab a plate and throw it on the ground. Okay, done. Did it break? Yes. Now say sorry to it. Sorry. Did it go back to the way it was before? No. Do you understand?"
you are amazing, never forget that!
mrpieface2 is the most awesomest, bestest, person in the whole wide world!
Seemyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #3
GreyGoldfish

GreyGoldfish's Forum Picture

When I started cutting, I decided to only cut on my thighs for this reason. However, changing is still really difficult. :/
GreyGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 11:48 PM   #4
lonely love

lonely love's Forum Picture

Name: Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallie View Post
My cuts and scars are on my knees, but I get ur Issue here. I hate changing in gym because I'm terrified someone will see, and I'll get reported to a counselor. I always just try and change my pants really quick, and I wear long sweats and stuff so they are covered. So you deffinitly aren't alone in this issue, but I think u will be fine. Its not completely unusual for people to change in bathroom stalls and stuff. If someone questions you and you don't know what to say, you could always tell them that you are a bit insecure.......not the best option, but if you really don't want them to know about your scars, its an alternative that you can use.....

Music is my escape
lonely love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 11:51 PM   #5
Etcetera
Member++

Etcetera's Forum Picture

Name: Destiny

you might be able to cover them up with make-up.. although sweating might mess it up. i wear a hoodie 24/7

Some people are just trying to figure out how to kill
the demons inside their heads without killing themselves.

You Are Worth It <3
Etcetera is offline   Reply With Quote