Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 16th, 2015, 10:46 PM   #1
Uranus
Mah Home

Uranus's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas (Yung Merk)
Default Preventing Select Genders From Posting In Select Genders Oriented Forums?

This would be for P101 specifically. I was wondering if there was a system or an option that would prevent for example:

Males from posting both threads and posts, in Puberty For Girls Forum,

And, Vise Versa.

Just wondering if that's possible, because I've seen it happen occasionally and can sometimes be missed by staff members? I figured this might be helpful for the staff since P101 is very active daily

-----
EDIT

And to add on to this maybe there is a way to prevent people from bumping two month old threads, except for those who are on the staff and the OP? It could also help

#ThugLife
Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2015, 10:54 PM   #2
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

Default Re: Preventing Select Genders From Posting In Select Genders Oriented Forums?

I don't know if such a system is possible with my very limited knowledge of vB (and I'd be skeptical of one anyway due to all of our gender options and people's very reasonable and varied sensibilities and rights to privacy). I'm just here to tell you (and anyone else) that if you see someone of the wrong gender/sex posting in one of the sex-specific P101 forums to please report it so that a moderator can handle it. You guys reporting stuff is one of the most helpful things you can do for us so that we don't miss things.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2015, 12:03 AM   #3
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Default Re: Preventing Select Genders From Posting In Select Genders Oriented Forums?

I think such a thing doesn't exist here, but I'm sure it could be realized. As for databases, moderately any kind of condition can be defined for entering queries. A definition which depends on the gender of the poster should be easy to define ... if the forums-software permits such a thing.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2015, 09:21 AM   #4
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator

xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture

Name: Val

I'm 99% sure that such a mod does not exist. And even if it did, it's not practical on VT. First, not everyone has to set a gender. Does that mean they can't post in p101? Does that mean they can post anywhere? Would that encourage people to not even pick a gender? Second, we have more than just "male and female" gender options. If someone is neutral or queer or something.. Does that mean they don't get to post, just because they were honest with their gender? Also, it's not that much work for us, and we can't automate everything. If we miss something, report it? We try our best, and a lot of our time is spent reading through the forums, but we aren't perfect. We're human, and sometimes, we fuck up and make mistakes. Help us out and report it. It's always more appreciated, especially compared to just seeing it and just scrolling past and not reporting it.

And as for the bumping, I'm fairly certain this has been suggested before, and I'm fairly certain that there isn't (or are very few) mods that would work with our version of vbulletin, and that would cater to our needs. I don't think there are any that would honestly let an OP still post in it after it's locked, or anything like that. Again, it's honestly not that hard, follow the rules, and if not, mods will step in. If everything becomes automatic, what's the point in having moderators? We don't mind doing work, lol.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote