Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:59 AM   #1
GreyGoldfish

GreyGoldfish's Forum Picture

Default I want it. I need it.

How do I keep myself from desiring to cut? I know there are distraction techniques. But what about when I need it, desire it, even fantasize about it? How can I say no to something I want so badly?
GreyGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 02:09 AM   #2
Seemyheart
Great Poster

Seemyheart's Forum Picture

Name: Molly
Default Re: I want it. I need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGoldfish View Post
How do I keep myself from desiring to cut? I know there are distraction techniques. But what about when I need it, desire it, even fantasize about it? How can I say no to something I want so badly?
I know that feeling. I turn to a trusted friend, or even post about it on here.
You're strong enough to get through those urges. I've gone 6 days without it... and I've had help by people, it's okay to ask for help when you feel that need.
You could write about it, that helps calm me down.
I'm here if you ever need to talk, or need help getting through the urges

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning how to dance in the rain"
"Grab a plate and throw it on the ground. Okay, done. Did it break? Yes. Now say sorry to it. Sorry. Did it go back to the way it was before? No. Do you understand?"
you are amazing, never forget that!
mrpieface2 is the most awesomest, bestest, person in the whole wide world!
Seemyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 02:49 AM   #3
Hallie

Name: Hallie
Default Re: I want it. I need it.

You can find the strength keep fighting against the urges by remembering why you are trying to stop in the first place. Think about how you are going to feel after that relief passes through you. Your problems will still be there, and you'll feel even worse than before you cut. Remember that. It's what i do when I want to cut. Right now it's been 9 days since the last time I've done it, and it's taken many attempts to get this far, but you'll get there if you have the willpower.

Also what I like to do when I want to cut is describe where I am and what I see around me. It helps to distract myself from the urge to cut while I calm down. Music also helps. Good luck. Stay strong and keep fighting. Even if it feels like you'll never make it a single day, just trust me, I've been there. And to be honest, it's still all I think about but just HOLD ON. Because I never thought that I'd be able to make it nine days and here I am. So please, keep trying because if you try hard enough, you will get there eventually, even if it takes some time. The good things in life are always going to take some time and effort, but they'll be worth it

If you ever need to talk, message me
Hallie is offline   Reply With Quote