Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 27th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Green Arrow
Great Poster

Green Arrow's Forum Picture

Name: Tom
Default My friend told me he cut last night

My closest friend (who also is an Online friend) just told me that he cut last night, I literally don't know what to say to him... He says he over heard some people being homophobic and the next thing he knew he was self harming. He regrets doing it and one of his real life friends has taken away his razors. He had to go offline in a rush because he was tired and said that we'd talk tomorrow. What do I do, I don't know what to do... I'm worried for him. :L

"The name, it's stupid! Why would anyone want to be named 'Green Arrow'?" - Oliver Queen (Green Arrow)
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #2
Harley Quinn
Puddin'

Harley Quinn's Forum Picture

Name: Siobhan
Default Re: My friend told me he cut last night

The best thing to do is literally, just be there for him. If he wants to talk, listen. Ask if he wants to talk but don't push anything, let him know you're there for him though. Just try and be supportive, that's all you can do.

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

[Emerald Dream] if I had a 30 minute orgasm, I would probably need to sleep for a week

~Stevennn

*Ali*
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #3
Feraligatr
Water Type

Feraligatr's Forum Picture

You can try to talk to him and convince him that self harming is a bad thing. He'll be happy that you care enough to talk to him about it.
Feraligatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #4
Desuetude
---

Desuetude's Forum Picture

Name: Isaac

It's always harder when it's online. Many of my online friends, having come from VT, self harm and it's difficult to be there for them especially because you can't always be contacted when they might need you. It seems like he has a lot of support from his friends irl so I wouldn't stress out a big deal. If it's only the first time he's cut and he's telling people and asking for help then I'd think he will be alright. Like the people above have said, be open with him so he feels like he can vent to you about what's happening. Sometimes you might just have to be his punching bag. Don't try and push him to quit because he might feel like you don't understand and won't feel like he can talk to you.
Desuetude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #5
Paraxiom
neophyte ietsist

Paraxiom's Forum Picture

I agree with everyone else. Be there for him.
Paraxiom is offline   Reply With Quote