Plane And Simple's Forum Picture

Default Re: Do you know your IQ?

got from 127 to 143 myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooy View Post
Im still virgin
I'm not,math and physics f*** me every day.
Plane And Simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 01:57 PM   #22
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

The "test" you provided gave me 129-145. I usually test in the 99th percentile anyway, although this proves consistent with me, 8 shape questions isn't a thorough test even for an online one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backjruton View Post
On the test you linked to in the OP I scored within a range of 102 up to 118. I don't understand it though, I absolutely suck at these tests that have a lot of shapes in. The other one is answering Yes-No questions which I'm better at but how do I know which is right? Because this basically means one test thinks I'm gifted and this one thinks I'm average. To be honest I feel insulted :L haha
Like it's been said, online IQ tests, however much they insist they're legit, don't mean anything at all. Only an official IQ test given by a licensed professional can tell you your real IQ. I took the other test you listed and I got a 138, so honestly you're probably above average intelligence, but it still doesn't mean anything as far as official IQ. You can place yourself into one of the groups based on your behaviour and learning ability too. Not accurate, but I mean if it's reassurance that you're not stupid that you're looking for, it can soothe the nerves. There are tendencies you typically see in each of the IQ groups.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.

Last edited by Syvelocin; February 24th, 2014 at 02:05 PM.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #23
backjruton
Awesome Poster

backjruton's Forum Picture

Name: JACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvelocin View Post
The "test" you provided gave me 129-145. I usually test in the 99th percentile anyway, although this proves consistent with me, 8 shape questions isn't a thorough test even for an online one.

Like it's been said, online IQ tests, however much they insist they're legit, don't mean anything at all. Only an official IQ test given by a licensed professional can tell you your real IQ. I took the other test you listed and I got a 138, so honestly you're probably above average intelligence, but it still doesn't mean anything as far as official IQ. You can place yourself into one of the groups based on your behaviour and learning ability too. Not accurate, but I mean if it's reassurance that you're not stupid that you're looking for, it can soothe the nerves. There are tendencies you typically see in each of the IQ groups.
If I based it on my behavior and learning ability I would probably be lower than this because I do struggle in some areas quite easily. Maybe I need to just stop putting myself down but it's hard for me to do that as I'm so used to lowering people's expectations of me that I've lowered my own expectations of myself a lot.

I know these tests aren't legit but I've taken a lot of them and they all come out around here between 120 and 140. I should ask soon because I think my mum's got me another appointment with the "professional" I last a year and a half ago. Luckily I remember this woman and she was actually quite nice, but it's the fact that I was diagnosed with something that has in a way made my life worse while also making it a lot better that I don't want to see her again. I just think that if you have done a lot of IQ tests with different types of questions included and they all come out around the same score then that will provide you with a more legit estimate without you having to speak to anyone.

Also, I got all the grades I needed (I passed all except for history and R.E, but most of them just about... I don't count physical education because I had no chance of passing that in the first place and I don't even know if it was graded) in my final exams at school so I don't think I'm too stupid anyway. My parents already point out a lot that the doctors when I was born thought I would never be able to walk or talk properly or be able to function at all. They say they're always proud of me because of this. I've got on just fine without any speech therapy which I clearly need in some areas more than others (if it is what I actually think it is) and although my walking seems a bit funny sometimes to a lot of people I don't really see a problem with it.

I should also ask my friend in college to take one of these tests because even though they don't prove much, I am quite interested to see how other people are doing. She also has a disability and I THINK it's something like severe autism but not sure because she seems to be getting on worse than I do. e.g. I keep telling her I have a low pain tolerance (because my muscles are apparently weaker to a lot of people...) and she keeps stabbing me with sharp objects (but no knives luckily... don't have them in college) although I've told her how annoying it gets time and time again, and every time I ask her why she's scratching herself with sharp objects all she says is it's a "mental disorder" and tbh I THINK I'm quite worried about her in that sense... not that this is relevant or counts for anything

Last edited by backjruton; February 24th, 2014 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Added a lot more "padding", or something like this
backjruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #24
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

What I mean is things like creativity, independence, introversion, perfectionism, witty humour, sensitivity, etc. which tend to be common in the gifted bracket. Learning ability, I mean the learning skills that work best for you and how quickly you grasp new concepts, but you don't need all the above honestly.

It's just even if your scores are consistent across the table, they aren't official, career and education-accepted IQ tests. They can be completely made up for all you know, by some person who doesn't know a thing about psychology. I would agree that taking several different official IQ tests, then taking the average of them (adjusting for scoring differences) would be most accurate, but the problem also is that many online tests are doing this for money. They often inflate your score so you're more likely to buy their full intelligence report. It isn't always about giving you your most accurate IQ score.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.

Last edited by Syvelocin; February 24th, 2014 at 02:39 PM.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #25
backjruton
Awesome Poster

backjruton's Forum Picture

Name: JACK
Lightbulb Re: Do you know your IQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvelocin View Post
What I mean is things like creativity, independence, introversion, perfectionism, witty humour, sensitivity, etc. which tend to be common in the gifted bracket. Learning ability, I mean the learning skills that work best for you and how quickly you grasp new concepts, but you don't need all the above honestly.

It's just even if your scores are consistent across the table, they aren't official, career and education-accepted IQ tests. They can be completely made up for all you know, by some person who doesn't know a thing about psychology. I would agree that taking several different official IQ tests, then taking the average of them (adjusting for scoring differences) would be most accurate, but the problem also is that many online tests are doing this for money. They often inflate your score so you're more likely to buy their full intelligence report. It isn't always about giving you your most accurate IQ score.
This is extremely true and that is the problem. http://iq-test.co.uk/ is a brilliant example of this, because you go through the whole test and then it says AFTER answering every single question that you can't get your score from them until you pay up. So that's around 5-15 minutes wasted because of a money hungry site that didn't want to ask for payment upfront. The website looks very badly made, and saying
- It was put together by leaders in the intelligence field.
- Thanks to the great number of tested people, its evaluation is more exact.
- It includes processed statistics focused on United Kingdom.
- You will receive information on your intelligence in comparison with others.
- You will support United Kingdom in a contest to name the smartest country in the world.

isn't genuine information. The website doesn't look genuine in the slightest

This test http://www.free-iqtest.net/ put me at an IQ of 118 which is "of high intelligence"
I don't know what this one http://iknow.fm/iqtest/ puts me at because there doesn't seem to be a button to say "Finished" ...
And this one http://www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation/iq/main/ is just boring... didn't get past the first question because it looks so boring

I have an incredibly low attention span which is why I would actually find it quite hard to do one of these with a professional. I know I need to get help because recently I've done more to dig myself into an even bigger hole and I can't get help because of my problems with speaking to these professionals. I won't be happy until I've found out the things about myself I want to know and sadly that's easier said than done
backjruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #26
candorgen
neophyte ietsist

candorgen's Forum Picture

2 years ago I got a christmas cracker and I did the thing which gave me 140, but it was a mini test and I doubt its result means much. could be higher, lower, the same, idk.
candorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #27
Sminkelaks
Member+

Sminkelaks's Forum Picture

Name: Silje

Don't know, don't care. Probably dumber than dirt, though.
Sminkelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #28
Gigablue
Awesome Poster

Gigablue's Forum Picture

I don't know the exact number, but I've taken many intelligence tests through school for special placement and have tested at or above the 99.9th percentile, which is about 150.

Gigablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 07:59 PM   #29
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Name: Stephen

I've done a couple of proper IQ tests before. I've gotten scores of 112 & 118.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
~Jessi should have been here~
Gumleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:26 PM   #30
DarkWingedAngel
The Devil!!

DarkWingedAngel's Forum Picture

Name: Dylan Jacob Skittles

I did an official IQ test when I got out of college last year and it was 163. On here it said within a range of 133 up to 149, or it may even be higher. Yeah I think I will trust the official test.

My friends are what keep me going, what a great support system<3
Hrt date 05/14/2013
top surgery completed
03/27/2014
DarkWingedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 10:28 PM   #31
Silicate Wielder
Beep Boop

Silicate Wielder's Forum Picture

Name: Michael

I took one last year from a random site, my score was 120

Quote:
Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers. - Leonard Brandwein
Silicate Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 12:22 AM   #32
Hallie

Name: Hallie

146. I'm a genius :p

oh wait, I meant the official IQ test given by a psychologist.

Last edited by Hallie; February 25th, 2014 at 12:27 AM.
Hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 12:32 AM   #33
Luminous
Legendary Member

Luminous's Forum Picture

I have never had any idea about my IQ. According to this test I scored 99-115, which would be Average or High Average. Before taking the test I guessed I would probably be High Average assuming the test wasn't totally off. I really don't know what to get from this.

val
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 04:44 PM   #34
ninja789
Banned

Name: Katey

around 154 I got in school last year I think
ninja789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #35
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

I took a free online one and it said that I'm 160. I know that can't be right... I'm not a genius by any means. I'm probably 120 tops.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 01:14 PM   #36
gothy
Member++

gothy's Forum Picture

I took an official one but they couldn't calculate it. I suck at math and stuff but was genius level in English and language and art stuff.

by leprechaun

"Enjoy your faults, that's what separates you from the rest of the world. - Marilyn Manson
gothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #37
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

IQ tests like that are not very acurate, when I was younger I had some slight learning difficulties so they tested my IQ, dont know what it was but I was put as "Above agaerage for his age group", don't know what it is now, but I am still considered the smarter one in my fruiend group, but I think it has curved off to fit the norm.

My names Joe, but you can call me "Lord and master of all space and time"
I'm Bisexual, deal with it
Ask me shit

~Mike was here~

Last edited by CosmicNoodle; July 4th, 2014 at 02:18 PM.
CosmicNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 06:14 PM   #38
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Name: Stephen

That test only examines one part of the brain and is not really a fair test for IQ. The only one I have done was a couple of years back on tv. I got 112 in that one. I know I'm not intelligent, but live with it.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
~Jessi should have been here~
Gumleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2015, 04:50 PM   #39
RedBull

RedBull's Forum Picture

Name: Jovana

Last time was 103.
RedBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2015, 05:02 PM   #40
Kuroshiro
Member++

Kuroshiro's Forum Picture

102-118 (Average - high average). I'm fine with that.

17 | Male / neutral | Gay | I like anime, gaming and anything purple | Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or just want to talk
Kuroshiro is offline   Reply With Quote