Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 4th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #21
Dennis98
Great Poster

Default Re: Have you ever been to a mental/psychiatric hospital?

Well , I am not crazy person but my parents sent me few times to Psychiatrist because : I dont have remorse and because I am extremely cold-blood person ... When I was child they never saw any of this characteristics but with my growing up they saw few characteristics .... Anyway , they sent my to psychiatrist when I was 14 and I talked with him blah, blah , did some tests and from my acting and results on test he saw my diagnosis : I AM PSYCHOPATH .... I really dont care because of it , I still have friends , although they see that I am only cold blood they dont see that I am psychopath buahahaha xD ... Anyway , I am still person that is considered to have good sense of humor and I am relly acepted ... Beside that , psychiatrist told my parent that I should do IQ test because he thought that I have high IQ ... My parents were crushed that days because of my diagnosis but they sent me to do IQ test ... I didnt belive in results , my IQ was 131 ... So , I am not shamed because of my status , because God gave me and I couldnt choose ... So , I admit that I have really hard days especially when it is autumn and winter ( I dont know why) but I know that during summer or spring I feel great , although I am trying to hide my dark side xD ....

Last edited by Dennis98; July 4th, 2014 at 06:45 PM.
Dennis98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2014, 02:37 AM   #22
Cognizant
Smoothie King

Cognizant's Forum Picture

Name: Patrick

I personally haven't, but there's been times where I wish I could just admit myself, get help, and tune out of the world around me....

My sister's been admitted before, and she said she didn't like it, but said the staff was friendly.
Cognizant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 06:26 AM   #23
Caligari

Name: Tom

I came close when I had a psychotic breakdown, but my psychiatrist felt that it would be horrible for me due to my extreme anxiety (and he worked part-time at the hospital himself).
So he devised a system vwith my mom, so I could be treated at home with the same meds.
It was a very difficult period for everyone involved, but I recovered in a few months and never again had a psychotic episode.
Caligari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 11:45 PM   #24
Armor_King
Junior Member+

Armor_King's Forum Picture

I've been and it kinda sucks, but I was lucky to have nice people there to talk to. I made a few friends but they live far away so yeah.

"If a lot of people love each other, the world would be a better place to live." - Tommy Wiseau

Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. - Walt Disney
Armor_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 10:20 AM   #25
Gottaloveaginger14

Name: Cori

I've been commited to one several times. I think it may have help in the short term to help stabalize me, but after I was stabelized I think it would have been more helpful to be at home and doing daily out parient therapy so that I was getting help but I was also around people who loved me and supported me.
Gottaloveaginger14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2014, 09:26 PM   #26
nerdyvixxen

nerdyvixxen's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp501 View Post
What was it like? How long were you there? I was in one, it wasn't like in movies, although I'm sure there are places like that where the pateints are dangerous. We did a lot of group therapy, on weekends we watched movies all day. It wasn't terrible I was only there for a week. If I had told the truth I would have been there longer.
Honestly i'd rather be there then where i am right now, maybe because i was away from my family. I was there for a couple weeks. Had a room all to myself for a while, then had a room mate. I didn't really like the group therapy though.
nerdyvixxen is offline   Reply With Quote