Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 15th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #1
Pulp501
Nice Poster

Name: Brennon
Default Have you ever been to a mental/psychiatric hospital?

What was it like? How long were you there? I was in one, it wasn't like in movies, although I'm sure there are places like that where the pateints are dangerous. We did a lot of group therapy, on weekends we watched movies all day. It wasn't terrible I was only there for a week. If I had told the truth I would have been there longer.

PM sometime, I love to talk

RIP Mama <3
Pulp501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #2
Etcetera
Member++

Etcetera's Forum Picture

Name: Destiny
Default Re: Have you ever been to a mental/psychiatric hospital?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp501 View Post
What was it like? How long were you there? I was in one, it wasn't like in movies, although I'm sure there are places like that where the pateints are dangerous. We did a lot of group therapy, on weekends we watched movies all day. It wasn't terrible I was only there for a week. If I had told the truth I would have been there longer.

if people really knew what goes on inside my head I probably would be in one. i've fought it away well.

Some people are just trying to figure out how to kill
the demons inside their heads without killing themselves.

You Are Worth It <3
Etcetera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 03:35 PM   #3
ElectraHeart

Name: Amy

I was inpatient twice. It was okay, I felt much better when I was there. My anxiety almost disappeared completely, and the people were very supportive. But it's hard to be away from your home and friends, and being watched all the time.
ElectraHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 03:49 PM   #4
Rawiyah
Junior Member+

Rawiyah's Forum Picture

Name: Alexis

I have been inpatient three times and it was hell each time.
The first two times was in the children/adolescent ward and we were treated like lab rats. I wasn't taken seriously by any of the staff. The last time I was on the adult ward.
It was really boring all three times. I wasn't allowed to have my phone or any access to the internet except to do homework on the adolescent ward. There was a typical schedule every day with different therapies like music therapy, art therapy, occupational therapy and stuff like that. Then there's the terrible food.

The food is awful and it's awful sharing rooms with another stranger. It wasn't too bad in the adolescent ward, but in the adult unit there was a lot f psychotic patients who would scream in the middle of the night and that was scary sometimes. I was there for three weeks each time.

They usually put you in certain wards depending on your symptoms and your reason for coming to the hospital.

"I lay in the dark, thinking about all of my
'Friends' and their changes.
"
Rawiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 05:09 PM   #5
Zachary G
VT Lover

Zachary G's Forum Picture

Name: zacahary

I was in one for a week after taking a bunch of pills trying to off myself. It was a pretty pleasant place, nice and clean, and the people who were there were nothing like what we see on television and in the movies. There was a lot of group sessions and one on one.

18/ M/ Gay/ nudist
Talk to or ask me about anything, anytime and I will reply.

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself." - FDR
Zachary G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:14 AM   #6
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

The one where I live is horrible! Terrible terrible place. The staff are demeaning and condescending and abusive towards patents and abuse their power by punishing Barents for crying by forcing them into solitary or force feeding them drugs that make them vomit.

They also parade patents around naked and violate them. One girl I know lost her virginity there to the tools they violated her with.

Its awful and I'd never want to go there. You are trapped and you Can NOT have any visitors or phone calls what so ever or look out a window even. Walls are white washed and stale. No internet or anything you set literally with nothing to do. Not even pen and paper. Very boring. You can have no contact even with parents or family what so ever. They keep patients for 3 weeks minimum and allow for only 5 hrs of sleep per 24 hrs.

I would tell everyone to stay the hell away from that place. I'm glad not all of them are awful like this.

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 07:17 PM   #7
Croconaw
Water Type

Croconaw's Forum Picture

I've never been in one before and I'm kind of glad that I never was. It doesn't sound like a fun place to be at, that's for sure.

Los Angeles Kings Fan Los Angeles Dodgers Fan
Proud Liberal Democrat Pro-Choice
Croconaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2014, 10:31 AM   #8
elmoc
Member+

I was in a psychiatric hospital for two weeks, following sexual abuse. IMO, the staff was helpful, supportive, & really cared about me & my issues. They have a pretty rigid daily schedule, which sucked, but I can look back now & see that I would have simply laid in bed all day, every day, so they were just trying to get me up to face the day. We had group therapy, individual therapy, &, of course, the doctor started me on some medications. Much of the two weeks was to allow the meds to start working.

I don't ever want to go back, but if I do, it really wasn't bad.

Some days you're the bug;
some days you're the windshield.
elmoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2014, 09:29 PM   #9
Troye

Troye's Forum Picture

Name: Troye

I have been for a multitude of reasons, and I can say other than it being mildly embarrassing and boring, i don't have any negative experiences

17, gay, from chicago, like meeting new people!
Troye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 01:05 AM   #10
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

I've never been to one, but sometimes I feel like I need to. Or, if nothing else, check myself into rehab. But, expenses.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiya View Post
One girl I know lost her virginity there to the tools they violated her with.
I'd just like to point out that virginity is A. a social construct, and B. that pretty much everyone can agree that you can't lose your virginity to an object. You can be RAPED with an object, you cannot lose your virginity to one. It's not a person. I mean, I guess if she considers it losing her virginity, that's up to her. However, as a general rule, that's just a huge misconception about virginity to begin with. Which, virginity is kind of a misconception to begin with.

Also, there are reasons tools need to be stuck up there. Whether you're being searched (which, yes, is an invasion of privacy and totally violating, however, if you're hiding something up there, they have to make sure you won't hurt yourself or others...) or getting a checkup (going to a gynecologist is not violating- it's being proactive and healthy. Same with going to an obstetrician.) sometimes it needs to be done.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #11
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

I was an inpatient once at my local hospital, I just lost it one night and started manically laughing and talking about hurting myself and others, I was far gone that night, I don't remember anything untill I got to the emergency room. Everything before that is just a blur and the feeling of confusion and pain.
The hospital was nice, but they did leave me, a suicidal semi maniac in a room for 6 hours with nothing but insanity for company, but the nurses where nice and it was clean. But overall a horrid experianxce that I hope not to, but may repeat.

Anyway, that's my story of insanity and a hospital.
CosmicNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 03:03 AM   #12
Mojofilter

Mojofilter's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

4 times. First three for a week, the most recent one for a month. God damn i still have nightmares about that place... it wasnt scary.. just.. it felt like they were treating us like toddlers in day care, from my perspective anyways. Was pretty skeevy.

Mojofilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #13
ViolinPro

ViolinPro's Forum Picture

No never been in one
Nice to know not all the mental hospitals are some kind of crazy asylums like shown on the TV.
Maybe one day if my dark side emerges, I'd like to stay there, maybe drink some tea and daydream for a week and I'll be good to go xDDDDD

Be the change you wish to see in the world! ❈

-----------------

VIOLINPRǾ

ViolinPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #14
carolinae
Member+

carolinae's Forum Picture

Name: Carolina

I've never been in one, but a doctor once told be if I kept with this self-harm issue he'd have to put me in one. I'm glad i learned to hide it well.

"I cannot sleep, I cannot dream tonight."
carolinae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2014, 07:42 PM   #15
lumiadots

lumiadots's Forum Picture

Name: Alexa

i've been in confessional rehabilitation before. it was kind of like a branched off building to our local psychiatric hospital for less volatile patients. i started off my first week in the hospital because i was unstable and put on suicide watch, and it was horrible. nothing but one on one therapy, terrible food, and sitting by myself in a white-washed room with no access to the outside world.

once i was put in the rehabilitation center, though, it was better. we were allowed phone calls and internet, there were group therapy sessions, and we were set on a rigorous schedule which kind of sucked, but as was said before, it was in place to get us up and out of bed and doing something. i actually met a couple friends there too, for the next two and a half weeks i was there.

if i had a choice to go back or not i wouldn't, but if i had too i wouldn't complain if i was just put back in confessional rehab. that hospital sucked ass, though.
lumiadots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #16
TheN3rdyOutcast
Awesome Poster

Name: Willis

well, I was in one for about 2 weeks total inpatient, and though some people were a little...odd. It wasn't anything like a movie psychiatric ward. However, I was exposed to people from as young as 10 to as old as 17, so the population was pretty diverse.
TheN3rdyOutcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2014, 02:19 AM   #17
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

Name: Madie

I was in the hospital a while ago because of a bipolar meltdown

"May the space of where I am, and where I want to be inspire me"
Melodic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #18
Ben_Frost
Member++

Ben_Frost's Forum Picture

Name: Benjamin

My mom took me to one in a trip, it was quite interesting to see actual mental people and not idiots pretending to have a mental illnesses.

I should have known it was all a lie...

To another reality.
Ben_Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #19
bob97
Member+

Name: Caelen

I don't know if it counts but I was in a suicide ward for a couple days at a hospital. Lockdown. All locked doors. No shoelaces or any metal at all. Screaming people all the time. Big goons there to restrain you. Not a fun place. But I needed it so I'm grateful I went
bob97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2014, 10:45 PM   #20
LouBerry
Awesome Poster

LouBerry's Forum Picture

Name: Elizabeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp501 View Post
I've never been actually admitted, but I went to one pretty regularly two years ago to see a friend who was in one for a few months. Like you said, it wasn't like in the movies. It was actually a really pleasant place. All the staff members were very kind and really cared about their patients.
LouBerry is offline   Reply With Quote